Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 08:22 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,907,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Yep, She has made it known that she is going to be Obama 2, not Bill 2.
I wonder if this is her President Obama deal, to stay out of a orange jump suit. Is she really 5'7?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 09:28 AM

2,957 posts, read 4,981,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Are you serious?

You are so anti-intellectual, you can't even go to the "right wing rag" read their article and see that they have a direct link to the NY Times?

Do you only stay in the echo chambers of "left wing rags" afraid you might hear something that makes you think for once?

Here is the NY Times poll that you are too afraid and stubborn to click on: https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...84506/poll.pdf
If you bothered to read it you would notice it was weighted in republican favor. 442 rpv vs. 389 dpv. You'll notice that his popularity was 70% among dpv which in all that matters...

Old 01-29-2016, 06:43 PM

26,346 posts, read 14,952,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
you shouldnt call anyone anti intellectual when the link you just posted disproves the argument you were making.

the NY Times poll does say he has a 39% approval rating, but his disapproval rating is also only at 29%.

Breitbarts clearly biased article tries to make it seem like the Poll is saying Clintons rating is 39/61 instead of 39/29.

You try to attack others because you claim they are biased, when it is clear you are worse when it comes to attacks on any Democrat. people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.
You are not half as clever as you think you are.

I said that his approval rating is at 39% - you clearly agree this is true. I speculate that the factual drop in his approval rating is from the re-airings of his alleged rapes, sexual assaults, sexual harassments, and poor economic policies. You have done NOTHING to show that this is not a solid theory.

He was the one that dismissed the article as it was "I know the story is a lie. It was written by Republicans. When do they ever tell the truth?"

He is the one dismissing the article for the above reason. Yet the NY Times poll does in fact say 39% approval rating.

I am not the one dismissing something because it was written by _______.

I hope I spelled this out simple enough for you to comprehend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
If you bothered to read it you would notice it was weighted in republican favor. 442 rpv vs. 389 dpv. You'll notice that his popularity was 70% among dpv which in all that matters...
Wow...so lopsided.

Why did you ignore the independents. Bill Clinton's approval rating is pretty poor among crucial independents. Sending out a sexual predator to campaign for Hillary is a great way to woo independents as Hillary talks about the war on women.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:55 PM

29,459 posts, read 16,443,329 times
Quote:
You are not half as clever as you think you are.

I said that his approval rating is at 39% - you clearly agree this is true. I speculate that the factual drop in his approval rating is from the re-airings of his alleged rapes, sexual assaults, sexual harassments, and poor economic policies. You have done NOTHING to show that this is not a solid theory.

He was the one that dismissed the article as it was "I know the story is a lie. It was written by Republicans. When do they ever tell the truth?"

He is the one dismissing the article for the above reason. Yet the NY Times poll does in fact say 39% approval rating.

I am not the one dismissing something because it was written by _______.

I hope I spelled this out simple enough for you to comprehend.

You are arguing multiple fallacies. In your own post, you spoke of anti intellectualism while arguing a 39% as if those responding would actually read the poll and see that the president is +10 in approval.

And further more, you discredit your own revamped argument by your OP, the fact that he is actually in the positive, and by the poll being of younger people with about 20% saying they dont know Bill Clinton enough to have any view of him.

The only part of this response that you were absolutely right about was the part where you mentioned not blankly dismissing the OP source article, but that is a sad consolation prize, especially considering that the source they use doesnt make the same claim that the article does.

Quote:
I speculate that the factual drop in his approval rating is from the re-airings of his alleged rapes, sexual assaults, sexual harassments, and poor economic policies. You have done NOTHING to show that this is not a solid theory.
You put forth a theory, not a strong one since the poll does not ask that question and a bulk of those responding said they dont know enough about him to form any opinion. And further more, I never claim to or attempted in any way to disprove your theory, only the premise.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:11 PM

29,459 posts, read 16,443,329 times
Quote:

Wow...so lopsided.

Why did you ignore the independents. Bill Clinton's approval rating is pretty poor among crucial independents. Sending out a sexual predator to campaign for Hillary is a great way to woo independents as Hillary talks about the war on women.
This poll does not show any information on independents' opinion of Bill Clinton.

Old 01-30-2016, 07:41 PM

30,740 posts, read 21,872,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I wonder if this is her President Obama deal, to stay out of a orange jump suit. Is she really 5'7?
That would explain a lot. She had to know that tying herself to Obama would be her downfall.

Old 01-30-2016, 07:43 PM

109 posts, read 68,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Don't forget the pardons. There was recently a thread about the pardons, and the Clinton supports wouldn't even dare to show up and defend Bill on the pardons.
Marc these words. They are Rich.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:07 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,915,117 times
He may have had sex with other women, but he created more jobs than Reagan, had the best economy of the past 40 years. Why would conservatives/"Christian values" evangelicals have an issue with Bill Clinton? They are certainly ok with a three times divorced, womanizer such as Trump.

There is a politician out there who currently has an approval rating of 48% (making this politican the most popular in the country) which is higher than any major candidate running for president or currently in office. Hmmm...I wonder who this is...who could it be? Who could it be?

Old 01-31-2016, 09:00 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Im fine with Bill, I made more money in the late 90s than I did over the last 5 years.

Bill, knew his goose was cooked.
This guy we have now, has made it his mission to make political corruption up close and personal. It is the new Normal.

Old 01-31-2016, 09:45 AM

30,740 posts, read 21,872,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This guy we have now, has made it his mission to make political corruption up close and personal. It is the new Normal.
That's for sure. Every time he opens his mouth he's wrong or its a lie. He is the new Emperor with no clothes. He still Sounds convincing though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies