Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 05:22 AM

38,610 posts, read 26,254,127 times

Advertisements

Here We Go Again!

Woman shot to death by police in a classic and highly predictable "Coming right for me!" bull **** self-defense scenario.

"Dearborn police, who were called by mall personnel to the scene, tried to pull her over nearby but she fled onto Hubbard Drive, he said. Traffic briefly stopped the woman, but when it cleared as officers approached, she “started to speed away, almost striking an officer,” Shaw said. An officer pulled out a weapon and shot at her, he said."

Woman killed by Dearborn police near mall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 06:39 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,395,966 times
Bullies being bullies...

Same happened to that kid just trying to get away from the guy with a gun pointed at them.
Unarmed people get shot by cops on a daily basis. The city that hires them say it is ok, and give the guy paid leave until they tell everyone to go home. Nothing to see here.

Then the flip side..........

There is a guy here doing life for killing 3 cops, that was part of a no knock raid. He shot and killed 3 and injured 4 cops, with his .45.
They were at the wrong house.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:46 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,067,451 times
Yes..here we go again... Going off half cocked with agendas before investigations are done...vetted... And reviewed

A CD classic

A 6000 pound weapon doesn't matter I guess...

The above screwed up thinking is WHY people feel emboldened to drive over armed police today

One taste of the article by an uber liberal paper wanted to immediately make it racial... Race is hard to concentrate on when a vehicle is driving at you....

Step up internet hero's

Old 01-29-2016, 06:56 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,509,429 times
If I attempted to use my car to hit LE, I would not expect a good outcome.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:23 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,039,337 times
I don't know the details of this case but I'm familiar with a number of cases where the subject was trying to drive away and a cop fired multiple rounds into the vehicle from the side. The cop's answer was always the same: "the vehicle was headed towards the officer and the officer fearing for his life...blah, blah, blah." Even when it was obvious that the vehicle was nowhere near striking the officer.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:39 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,083,035 times
I must have lived a peculiar existence. I have been stopped maybe 3-times in my 40+ years behind the wheel, all for traffic infractions.
Two tickets, one warning.

I have never tried to outrun the cops, or act aggressively toward them, or fail to comply with a lawful order.

Why do some now think they can ignore or worse, defy what they are told to do by the police? Is this some sort of political statement?

Help me and a majority of Americans understand this movement.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:00 AM

7,469 posts, read 6,201,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
I must have lived a peculiar existence. I have been stopped maybe 3-times in my 40+ years behind the wheel, all for traffic infractions.
Two tickets, one warning.

I have never tried to outrun the cops, or act aggressively toward them, or fail to comply with a lawful order.

Why do some now think they can ignore or worse, defy what they are told to do by the police? Is this some sort of political statement?

Help me and a majority of Americans understand this movement.
Obviously, your parents gave you the "Yes Sir, No Sir, How high do you want me to jump?" test and you passed it. My parents gave me the same test and I passed and I have never had a problem when law enforcement was attempting to do their job. Life is so simple, why go out of your way to make it complicated.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:02 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,083,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I don't know the details of this case but I'm familiar with a number of cases where the subject was trying to drive away and a cop fired multiple rounds into the vehicle from the side. The cop's answer was always the same: "the vehicle was headed towards the officer and the officer fearing for his life...blah, blah, blah." Even when it was obvious that the vehicle was nowhere near striking the officer.
I don't know the details of this case yet either, but if the person isn't stopped right then and there, it could become
another 3-county pursuit by dozens of law enforcement agencies.
We too often see news with helicopters chasing overhead with the perp blasting through intersections colliding with innocents or worse.
Further, 100% of the suspects have seen the inside of a jail cell before.
As far as I'm concerned, a quick reduction in the gene pool is OK with me. Just sayin'.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:21 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,039,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
I don't know the details of this case yet either, but if the person isn't stopped right then and there, it could become
another 3-county pursuit by dozens of law enforcement agencies.
We too often see news with helicopters chasing overhead with the perp blasting through intersections colliding with innocents or worse.
Further, 100% of the suspects have seen the inside of a jail cell before.
As far as I'm concerned, a quick reduction in the gene pool is OK with me. Just sayin'.
I see you are from Annandale, Va. Maybe you are familiar with the Aaron Brown case that happened in Alexandria in 2006. Brown was a teenage kid riding in the back seat of an SUV with some other teenagers who were skipping out on their tab at the local Ihop when an off-duty cop who was working security fired multiple rounds into the SUV killing Brown on the spot. All of the shots were fired from the side and rear of the SUV. None from the front where the officer would have been in the path of the SUV. Now I won't give all of the details here but if you google "Aaron Brown case Alexandria, Va." you can find plenty of information on the case. If you read up on this case I'd like you to tell me if you think this particular "reduction in the gene pool" was OK.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:27 AM

38,610 posts, read 26,254,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Yes..here we go again... Going off half cocked with agendas before investigations are done...vetted... And reviewed

A CD classic

A 6000 pound weapon doesn't matter I guess...

The above screwed up thinking is WHY people feel emboldened to drive over armed police today

One taste of the article by an uber liberal paper wanted to immediately make it racial... Race is hard to concentrate on when a vehicle is driving at you....

Step up internet hero's

Investigations?

That`s a hoot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies