Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 07:25 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times

Advertisements

In a stunning defeat for Virginia governor and ex-Clinton hack, Terry McAuliffe lost in his gun control measure to end concealed weapon reciprocity with 25-States.
His Attorney General, Mark Herring was kicked to the curb by an overwhelming constituent reaction to his underhanded action.
This resumes the valuable relationship between the States involved and once again repudiates the anti-gunner mentality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 07:34 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,834,325 times
If this is the case, that is great. There is no need for such a policy to not recognize out of state permits.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:52 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
in my opinion, ALL states should be accepting concealed carry permits from ALL other states under the full faith and credit clause in the constitution. they should equally accepted as drivers licenses are.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
rbohm

Simple and well said. Now to convince the Federal Politicians.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:57 AM

45,366 posts, read 60,546,019 times
OP, I have to correct you. McAuliffe is still a Clinton hack.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
in my opinion, ALL states should be accepting concealed carry permits from ALL other states under the full faith and credit clause in the constitution. they should equally accepted as drivers licenses are.

In all reality, our contract with the governments that cover this vast nation, does not grant them any authority to have any say when, where or how I keep & bear, my personal arms. That is my freedom, as was told to them, in the contract. How I make, acquire, or distribute my arms, is my liberty, not governments to take, unless we are at WAR with government and they wish to disrupt distribution lines and the firepower of their enemy.....

Yet they have, have they not?

Old 01-29-2016, 10:40 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

Amen my brother! How can the SCOTUS demand that every state recognize gay marriage, which is not a Constitutional right in the first place, but not require every state to recognize the Constitutional right to keep and BEAR arms!! The full faith and credit act DEMANDS that all gun owners should be treated equally with regard to the Constitutional right to the recognition of their conceal carry permit, regardless of the state from which it issued!!

Old 01-29-2016, 10:44 AM

1,984 posts, read 1,700,065 times
Here's a link to a Washington Free Beacon article that details the legislation:

Virginia Reverses Course on Concealed Carry Reciprocity

This makes a lot more sense than what than what Virginia's AG ordered. Can you imagine driving across country and having to take your shirt off while inside Virginia just to expose your holstered pistol? How dumb was that?

Old 01-29-2016, 11:57 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
So much for the right wing spin - it was a compromise:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...cc8_story.html

McAuliffe (D) agreed to legislation that says the state must recognize concealed-handgun permits from nearly all states — a reversal of Attorney General Mark R. Herring’s decision last month to sever the reciprocity rights of gun owners in 25 states.

In exchange, Republicans softened their stances on issues that have long been non-starters in the GOP-controlled General Assembly. Under the deal, the state would take guns away from anyone who was under a two-year protective order for domestic-violence offenses. And State Police would have to attend all gun shows to provide background checks for private sellers if they requested the service.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:02 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
So much for the right wing spin - it was a compromise:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...cc8_story.html

McAuliffe (D) agreed to legislation that says the state must recognize concealed-handgun permits from nearly all states — a reversal of Attorney General Mark R. Herring’s decision last month to sever the reciprocity rights of gun owners in 25 states.

In exchange, Republicans softened their stances on issues that have long been non-starters in the GOP-controlled General Assembly. Under the deal, the state would take guns away from anyone who was under a two-year protective order for domestic-violence offenses. And State Police would have to attend all gun shows to provide background checks for private sellers if they requested the service.
Agree. It's not a "win." When we start to negotiate our rights, we have already lost too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies