Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2016, 09:30 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,731,625 times

Advertisements

Underlying thing.

I don't work in a world of super-secret information of the federal government, etc. I work in the private sector. Even I have the good sense not to use my gmail account as my work email or forward any work email to it at my job! I'm smart enough not to stick anything internal to the company onto my thumb-drive -- even if it seems completely innocuous. Now what kind of idiot thinks it's okay to setup their own private email server and start transferring and forwarding their work email enmasse to it?? That'd get you fired at almost any job I can think of.

Now we take it up a notch. You work for the government. Sensitive information comes across your desk with great regularity. What kind of idiot would do what Hillary did? Forget about the questions of whether she broke the law. Does America actually want a POTUS that is so flippantly stupid and careless?? My brother works for the government and he'd be fired on the spot, arrested and go to prison for several years. Why do the standards change?? Just because she's Hillary Clinton??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 10:14 AM

88,983 posts, read 44,793,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Underlying thing.

I don't work in a world of super-secret information of the federal government, etc. I work in the private sector. Even I have the good sense not to use my gmail account as my work email or forward any work email to it at my job! I'm smart enough not to stick anything internal to the company onto my thumb-drive -- even if it seems completely innocuous. Now what kind of idiot thinks it's okay to setup their own private email server and start transferring and forwarding their work email enmasse to it?? That'd get you fired at almost any job I can think of.

Now we take it up a notch. You work for the government. Sensitive information comes across your desk with great regularity. What kind of idiot would do what Hillary did? Forget about the questions of whether she broke the law. Does America actually want a POTUS that is so flippantly stupid and careless?? My brother works for the government and he'd be fired on the spot, arrested and go to prison for several years. Why do the standards change?? Just because she's Hillary Clinton??
What kind of idiot would do what Hillary did?

Someone who's quite sure she's above the law, and that her elite Dem pals will protect her. Laws are for the little people, don't ya know...

Old 02-01-2016, 11:18 AM

1,160 posts, read 713,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I would however note that she did nothing illegal and would be in the exact same position she is in now if she had two emails. Neither her own or a .gov or a standard email would be legal for classified email. That had to be handled on the other two systems. She had and used the classified systems for matters which were classified.
No, we would not. We have no way to verify or know with any degree of certainty who had access or what type of other information (i.e. info not recovered) was on the server, because only her and her team controlled or monitored the server, outside of all government oversight mechanisms. Remember, she illegally deleted the contents of the server. We would know all of this if she used a .gov email address. This claim of ignorance is only political spin. It is incomprehensible she did not know exactly what she was doing with the private email server. She is not that stupid.

Quote:
I would also note there is and will always be conflict between spooks and the line about classification. Inherent in their roles. The line generally rules particularly on anything in the same dept. Dept heads, particularly State, have large authority on the matter.
This is irrelevant. She has no legal standing to store classified information on an unclassified personal storage device.

Quote:
And the Secretary of State does control the classification of anything that originates in State or comes to State in the normal course of business. That is not unreasonable...the SofS is the fourth in line to the Presidency.
Once again, classification is inherent to the information. The information determines the classification. At this point I can say that you are deliberately lying when you continue to present such inaccurate information, after being told numerous times. Clinton does not decide what is classified or not classified, the information does. Her authority on the matter largely revolves around disclosure, to which does not apply in this case.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:28 AM

58,996 posts, read 27,280,292 times
classed as Top Secret. a document, she had the authority to declassify it,"

THIS is where you are dead wrong as has been explained on this forum MULTIPLE times.

The ISSUING authority is the ONLY one, except for the President himself, who can change the classification.

Let's say the CIA sent her an email and felt the info should be classified as Top Secret.

The CIA is the ONLY authority that can de-classify that email.

NEVER can a recipient LOWER the classification.

The statutes that this comes under have even been posted, word for word.

Which is WHY you have NO credibility.

You only SHOW that you you haven't a clue to what you are talking about.

IF you ever held TS clearance you would KNOW this.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Underlying thing.

In the Intelligence world you are NOT allowed to bring ANY device (smart phone included) that can record, that can takes pictures, etc. INTO THE BUILDING, much less use your personal equipment to conduct intelligence business.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
My position is that the email set up she had was dumb and should not have happened. And it is the State Dept that should have seen to it that she did not do this. It may well have sounded easier for her but should not have happened. This is the job for the technicians and watchers that surround all big government depts.
I would however note that she did nothing illegal and would be in the exact same position she is in now if she had two emails. Neither her own or a .gov or a standard email would be legal for classified email. That had to be handled on the other two systems. She had and used the classified systems for matters which were classified.
I would also note there is and will always be conflict between spooks and the line about classification. Inherent in their roles. The line generally rules particularly on anything in the same dept. Dept heads, particularly State, have large authority on the matter.
And the Secretary of State does control the classification of anything that originates in State or comes to State in the normal course of business. That is not unreasonable...the SofS is the fourth in line to the Presidency.
"And the Secretary of State does control the classification of anything that originates in State or comes to State in the normal course of business."

WRONG!

Old 02-01-2016, 12:15 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,731,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
In the Intelligence world you are NOT allowed to bring ANY device (smart phone included) that can record, that can takes pictures, etc. INTO THE BUILDING, much less use your personal equipment to conduct intelligence business.
Yep I remember having a conversation with my brother. He was shopping for a phone that would fit that bill: No camera, not a smart phone, just a super-duper dumb phone. He was having trouble finding one that didn't totally suck.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:18 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
What I also said in the request for the signed document was...
O.K., you got me lol.....

Quote:
As to her rights read the EO. There is enough room to drive a truck through. Note there is no indication she ever received anything on this email server that was obviously classified.
The obama admin disagrees with you....

Quote:
I believe also that all or virtually all of the information involved was received on emails from .gov accounts. These are likely to be virtually all State Dept.
And? It went to her .com account....yes or no?

Old 02-01-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
A routine but classified document arrives from a security agency.
It's still classified....

Quote:
Some assistant to SofS reads it.

Quote:
A week or two later he writes a brief note to SofS on a related subject and suggests some fact based on his classified knowledge.

Quote:
Whose's document is it?
That office it arrived at. Classified documentation is signed for....

Quote:
Who is the classification authority?

How would this be a problem for SofS?
The classification authority is not the office it ended up at.

What gives that office the ability (where it ended up) or the authority to down grade or just do what ever it feel like with that message?

Quote:
There is simply no way to go after an agency head on a classified matter if it is within the purview of that agency. Just impossible. And if Clinton was not involved you would all recognize that fact.
petreaus.....does it ring a bell....I guess not...

Old 02-01-2016, 04:49 PM

Hey lvmensch,do you have ANY real experience with any type of governmental security clearance?

I mean, be honest, not just for us but for you as well.....

You are not helping the clinton side, not a chance....

But if you wish to continue, please do, you are actually showing that your side does not care about rules....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies