Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2016, 05:42 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times

Advertisements

Here is the bottom line.. As of now, marijuana is an illegal substance. Use it ALLLLL you want, but understand that if you get busted with it, you are going to jail. You want me to support it? Not going to happen. Will I oppose it? No, I couldn't care less. Do all you can to change the law, but don't expect me or anyone else to support you other than other smokers. You don't like my attitude towards pot? Too bad. Suck it up and live with it, as I will if it becomes legal... Have a nice day...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 05:49 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
Boy are you angry. All personal internet attacks. What's wrong? Relax a little.

It does seem you're having trouble again, though. Go back and read what I said about your misinterpretation of the entire thread when you rambled on and on about why IT IS HOW IT IS as opposed to what I asked in the title, WHY SHOULD IT BE this way.

"Why is something this way?"

"Why SHOULD something be this way?"

See the difference yet? No?
Angry? Not at all.It is simply a response to another liberal thread in which facts and easily checked issues in the literature are dismissed by liberal idealogues who prefer to cling to personal beliefs inspite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Every question a liberal asks will be rhetorical and they already have the presumptive "answer"). Here is what you meant to say in your "question" (again, liberals never ask actual questions, as they know everything):

"I really like pot and acid, but hate alcohol. All three have markedly adverse medical and social affects upon humans, yet they are treated differently in the eyes of the DEA, the federal government, the medical establishment, medical literature, and US culture. Please discuss".

Old 01-31-2016, 05:58 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Did you miss the part where it says THIRTY SEVEN POUNDS of mushrooms for a 160 lb person? I literally laughed out loud when I read that. Guess what it takes for me to OD on alcohol? A trip to CVS, 20 bucks and the ability to drink 750cc of liquid.

And where did I say there is no such thing as a psilocybin overdose? I said it is nearly impossible to OD on cannabis.

Not too sharp, here, huh?

Here is some more pertinent reading for you. Little bit more of a problem we have going on.
CDC - Fact Sheets-Alcohol Use And Health - Alcohol
One thing I have learned; stoners and drunks will always justify their use of an intoxicant.

Just for your personal edification, my brother died from booze. A lot of posters here know that except you.

If I were in charge, all intoxicants would be illegal and I would gladly build prison space to house those derelicts who need to escape reality.

Freaking losers.

Old 01-31-2016, 06:07 PM

My mother died as a result of alcoholism, She was 58. I don't drink or use any illicit drugs. What you do is your business. Do what you want, but you are preaching to the choir when it comes to addiction. You don't think marijuana is addictive, then put it down and walk away. It's your life. Live it as you see fit, but don't look to me to enable you.. I won't do it.

Old 01-31-2016, 06:41 PM

Incidentally, if you get busted, you can kiss any kind of medical career you currently have good-bye. It's GONE. Is it worth that risk? If so, then party on...

Old 01-31-2016, 07:30 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
One thing I have learned; stoners and drunks will always justify their use of an intoxicant.

Just for your personal edification, my brother died from booze. A lot of posters here know that except you.

If I were in charge, all intoxicants would be illegal and I would gladly build prison space to house those derelicts who need to escape reality.

Freaking losers.

you would bankrupt the county incarcerating over 100 million people
you would go down as the absolute worst leader the country has ever seen for enacting such draconian laws...

and by the way most people that drink alcohol and smoke pot do so responsibly.

Old 01-31-2016, 07:59 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,520,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Angry? Not at all.It is simply a response to another liberal thread in which facts and easily checked issues in the literature are dismissed by liberal idealogues who prefer to cling to personal beliefs inspite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Every question a liberal asks will be rhetorical and they already have the presumptive "answer"). Here is what you meant to say in your "question" (again, liberals never ask actual questions, as they know everything):

"I really like pot and acid, but hate alcohol. All three have markedly adverse medical and social affects upon humans, yet they are treated differently in the eyes of the DEA, the federal government, the medical establishment, medical literature, and US culture. Please discuss".
Yeah, throwing out personal attacks about how I should do this or that and grow a sac and take care of my family (lol, what?) when you don't know me whatsoever makes you seem a little angry. Seems like you have some personal rage issues. Then again you just go on diatribes about "liberalism" instead of acknowledging you didn't really respond to the actual question in the thread correctly, as I have already pointed out twice, and won't again. I actually like alcohol. I'm an avid craft beer drinker, and brew my own. I use cannabis once a month, max. Stop throwing out assumptions about me, it makes you look really foolish. BTW, I voted for Ron Paul in 2008.

I asked why the laws SHOULD be this way, hoping to get an intelligent discussion, and instead you come in and rant over and over and over again on why the laws ARE this way. It's not my fault you can't distinguish the difference between those two areas of discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Incidentally, if you get busted, you can kiss any kind of medical career you currently have good-bye. It's GONE. Is it worth that risk? If so, then party on...
I run my own practice as my primary position, sweety. Only hospitals sometimes. I do what I want. Plus, I'd be much more afraid of some raging alcoholic doctor (trust me, there are lots) who downs a case of bud lite every 2 days taking care of me than one who smokes cannabis once a month and drinks 2 or 3 craft beers a week.

Last edited by ForYourLungsOnly; 01-31-2016 at 08:11 PM..

Old 01-31-2016, 08:12 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
Go ahead. I'm waiting for you "freedom loving" conservatives to chime in.
I can't give you one and I don't drink or smoke. I can however say that I've never read a news article were someone that was high grabbed a gun and shot a place up. Maybe they have been accused of eating all the Doritos.

The hypocrisy of this country is completely and utterly mind boggling is it not?

Old 01-31-2016, 08:38 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,520,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I can't give you one and I don't drink or smoke. I can however say that I've never read a news article were someone that was high grabbed a gun and shot a place up. Maybe they have been accused of eating all the Doritos.

The hypocrisy of this country is completely and utterly mind boggling is it not?
Agreed.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:42 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Forget schedule this or that. Why should politicians dictate what people can put into their own bodies?
Bc they are a public nuisance and health hazard that cost $. Especially alcohol. With many unfortunate victims who are sideswiped into it (unlike being obese, etc).

However, jail time for simply taking a drug seems silly and doesn't really fit the crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies