Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 10:46 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,190,224 times

Advertisements

Rural folks in Montana are pushing back against plans by urban elites to plant hundreds of Muslims from the Third World into Helena and Missoula. They plan a protest rally at 10 a.m. Monday in front of the county courthouse in Missoula. And if the pattern holds of similar rallies in Twin Falls, Idaho, and Fargo, North Dakota, a contingent of pro-refugee people will show up to counter protest.

Of all the 50 states, there are only two that have not received their “share” of the nearly 1 million Muslim refugees that have been infused into more than 180 U.S. cities and towns over the past 35 years, compliments of the U.S. State Department and the United Nations. Those states are Wyoming and Montana.

As WND has reported, Obama’s plan to import Syrian and other Muslim refugees has met spirited resistance in South Carolina, Idaho, Minnesota, North Dakota and Michigan. Residents in many areas of these states have let it be known they are not on board with the progressive vision of a multicultural America. They argue, with mounting evidence, that such policies in Europe have led to rampant crime, mass rapes and terrorism.

Plan to infuse small towns with Muslim migrants meets resistance

Donald Trump: “I’m putting the people on notice that are coming here from Syria as part of this mass migration, that if I win, if I win, they’re going back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 10:50 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,344,463 times
There's only one place that helps refugees in North Dakota, that is Lutheran Social Services and they've already clearly stated that the federal government has not contacted them to help resettle any current Syrian refugees. They've released this statement multiple times over the last several months. This piece reads more like fear mongering based on rumors.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:51 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,466,638 times
Why was this posted in the elections forum?

Old 01-31-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
There's only one place that helps refugees in North Dakota, that is Lutheran Social Services and they've already clearly stated that the federal government has not contacted them to help resettle any current Syrian refugees. They've released this statement multiple times over the last several months. This piece reads more like fear mongering based on rumors.
It's not fear mongering when it's really happening for the world to see. We may not be at the level they are, but Europe is sending us a warning of what's coming.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Why was this posted in the elections forum?
It was an accident. Maybe a moderator can move it?

Old 01-31-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
It's not fear mongering when it's really happening for the world to see. We may not be at the level they are, but Europe is sending us a warning of what's coming.

The article states:

Small cities like Boise, Idaho; Fargo, North Dakota; Wichita, Kansas – and now Helena and Missoula, Montana – are vying for a bigger slice of the refugee pie.
Read more at Plan to infuse small towns with Muslim migrants meets resistance

This is blatantly false. As a resident of North Dakota I have followed the refugee story closely here and they are not accepting any new refugees at this time nor are they trying to. Your article is making things up. Additionally, we have had very little in the way of problems with the refugees who have settled here.

Old 01-31-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
The article states:

Small cities like Boise, Idaho; Fargo, North Dakota; Wichita, Kansas – and now Helena and Missoula, Montana – are vying for a bigger slice of the refugee pie.
Read more at Plan to infuse small towns with Muslim migrants meets resistance

This is blatantly false. As a resident of North Dakota I have followed the refugee story closely here and they are not accepting any new refugees at this time nor are they trying to. Your article is making things up. Additionally, we have had very little in the way of problems with the refugees who have settled here.
Governors and states representatives may be against the influx of refugees, but the Federal government has more authority regarding the resettlement of Syrian immigrants.

Old 01-31-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Governors and states representatives may be against the influx of refugees, but the Federal government has more authority regarding the resettlement of Syrian immigrants.
The program that works with the federal government has clearly stated the Feds haven't even contacted them about resettling more immigrants. I already stated this. It has nothing to do with politicians. They've also stated that they're not looking to resettle more immigrants at this time.

Old 01-31-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
The program that works with the federal government has clearly stated the Feds haven't even contacted them about resettling more immigrants. I already stated this. It has nothing to do with politicians. They've also stated that they're not looking to resettle more immigrants at this time.
In my OP, I stated that North Dakota was one of the states that put up resistance. I'm not sure what you're arguing. The fact that the Feds want to bring refugees here and the individual states don't want to? That's basically what I'm saying too. In light of the Paris attacks, states the feds have planned to infuse with Syrian refugees are against it. However, the fact that a bill was passed funding Syrian refugee resettlement, and the fact that the Feds have the authority on this matter, should give people pause on the subject.

They are not accepting 'at this time' because it's highly unpopular at this time due to recent events, but over the past 35 years they have been quietly resettling Syrian refugees. Trump is the only one who has said he would do anything about it. It's really not fear mongering at all.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
In my OP, I stated that North Dakota was one of the states that put up resistance. I'm not sure what you're arguing. The fact that the Feds want to bring refugees here and the individual states don't want to? That's basically what I'm saying too. In light of the Paris attacks, states the feds have planned to infuse with Syrian refugees are against it. However, the fact that a bill was passed funding Syrian refugee resettlement, and the fact that the Feds have the authority on this matter, should give people pause on the subject.

They are not accepting 'at this time' because it's highly unpopular at this time due to recent events, but over the past 35 years they have been quietly resettling Syrian refugees. Trump is the only one who has said he would do anything about it. It's really not fear mongering at all.
I'm arguing that North Dakota wasn't even an option to begin with for refugees to come here in the first place. North Dakota was never considered for the most recent wave of refugees per the federal government and Lutheran Social Services who runs the refugee program here. So claiming that the state was trying to get refugees is false and claiming that citizens protesting or states refusing new refugees is completely irrelevant. It was never an option here to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies