Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 04:45 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Whining about Obama visiting a Mosque reminds of the whining about Reagan visiting a German graveyard where some graves contained the remains of Waffen SS members were buried, nonsensical.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:46 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,222,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
It won't be the first and it won't be the last.

[economic cycles]
Very true, however he keeps touting low unemployment when the employed is at 58% compared to 61% in 2007. He NEVER actually got the economy back on track, but uses fake numbers to make it look that way.

Old 02-01-2016, 05:22 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Every day is wonderful cause it's one last day Obama is in office.

Old 02-01-2016, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Very true, however he keeps touting low unemployment when the employed is at 58% compared to 61% in 2007. He NEVER actually got the economy back on track, but uses fake numbers to make it look that way.
If the economy hasn't gotten back on track, how is it the automobile industry, selling the second biggest investment most people will make in their lives, had an all time record year, selling 17,500,000 vehicles?

And no, I don't believe the POTUSA is single-handedly responsible for the condition of the economy, up or down.

Old 02-01-2016, 06:32 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Every day is wonderful cause it's one last day Obama is in office.
That may not be so...the frightening part about all of this, is...the fact that Hillary plans to appoint Obama to the Supreme Court?

Maybe he and all the Muslims are protecting her with Arab oil money? Someone is certainly protecting her, big time?

What bothers me, even more so, is that she has followers? That is disgusting...that people are so uninformed.

I listened to a radio show every Sunday Morning, many years ago, when my son was just a baby, and even back then, they said, that if American's knew then, what was really going on in the U.S., some would commit suicide out of desperation....well, I shrugged the guy off as being an idiot...fast forwarding to today...it is blatenly out in the open, how Washington is so corrupt, funding other countries, taking our young boys to war, getting them killed, all for money.

Fact of the matter is...I fear, Hillary will be elected, and all b/c American's are so uninformed...and refuse to see truth...not to mention all the false imagery the media uses....

Old 02-01-2016, 06:38 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
1953- US covertly overthrew the democratically elected leader in Iran and reinstated its puppet leader

1957- President and First Lady Eisenhower dedicated the Islamic Center/ Mosque in DC

1977 - ^ mosque was one of three seized and US hostages taken and wounded by terrorists

1978- ^ mosque became site of protests against US for giving the Shah, US puppet, refuge

2001- Bush 2 rededicates ^ mosque

2001- Bush gives speech at ^ mosque, 6 days after 9/11

Old 02-01-2016, 06:41 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,575,805 times
Quote:
Very true, however he keeps touting low unemployment when the employed is at 58% compared to 61% in 2007.
I'm trying to get my head around this logic.

2007 had a very low unemployment rate by historical standards, you'd have to go back to 2001 to find lower. So any employment rate that isn't as low as 2007 cannot be considered low? What a strange metric you have.

Quote:
He NEVER actually got the economy back on track, but uses fake numbers to make it look that way.
What fake numbers? The unemployment numbers are complied by BLS from the (mostly) same government workers who put them out during previous presidents. If there is some massive conspiracy within this giant fed organization where Obama is allowed to just make a phone call and name his unemployment number, why did he release so many high ones in 2010, 2011, 2012 etc.

Old 02-01-2016, 06:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
So? We buy oil from nations with terrorists ties. In a roundabout way, we're funding terrorism. I don't care if Obama is letting us know who he really is (or isn't) - when are we going to be honest about ourselves?

[]
"What difference does it make"
Quote:
It won't be the first and it won't be the last.

[economic cycles]
"who cares"..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
To start, he presided over the turning around of America. Do you remember the great Republican recession?
[economic cycles]

Old 02-01-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
His supporters who think he is the greatest President.........only one thing mattered to them is that the President was black. I don't think accomplishing anything was part of their voting.......hard to want something real when all one sees is color to fix everything. These people don't see their own admissions, says more about them than anyone who didn't vote for President Obama.........pathetic to bring up color when it was whites who won him the white house! They surely would never admit this........
In reality, what mattered most to many, many people was keeping the lackluster McCain and Romney out of the White House, color meant nothing.

Old 02-01-2016, 06:52 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
That may not be so...the frightening part about all of this, is...the fact that Hillary plans to appoint Obama to the Supreme Court?

Maybe he and all the Muslims are protecting her with Arab oil money? Someone is certainly protecting her, big time?

What bothers me, even more so, is that she has followers? That is disgusting...that people are so uninformed.

I listened to a radio show every Sunday Morning, many years ago, when my son was just a baby, and even back then, they said, that if American's knew then, what was really going on in the U.S., some would commit suicide out of desperation....well, I shrugged the guy off as being an idiot...fast forwarding to today...it is blatenly out in the open, how Washington is so corrupt, funding other countries, taking our young boys to war, getting them killed, all for money.

Fact of the matter is...I fear, Hillary will be elected, and all b/c American's are so uninformed...and refuse to see truth...not to mention all the false imagery the media uses....
POTUS has no authority to appoint anyone to fill a SCOTUS vacancy

POTUS nominates to fill SCOTUS
Once nominated, POTUS may withdraw nomination if it appears unlikely Senate will confirm.
The Senate either confirms or rejects POTUS nominations

12 nominees have been rejected and 7 have been withdrawn in US history.

Hillary was asked if she would consider Obama for the SCOTUS. Hillary seeks to appeal to the Obama base.
She responded along the lines of "sure, I would consider him".

I am not a Hillary fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies