Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 02:30 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times

Advertisements

I think Hillary knew she could make herself 'look good' by demanding that the e-mails be released, all the time knowing that the State Dept would not release them. It was a safe request to make and she reminds us periodically that she has been asking for that.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 03:43 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,025,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
It wasn't considered classified at the time.

Too bad they didn't have precognition and know that it would be reclassified 5 years later.

"It was unclassified before it was classified?" Sounds a lot like "I was for it before I was against it."

Old 02-03-2016, 03:46 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpaddy View Post
"It was unclassified before it was classified?" Sounds a lot like "I was for it before I was against it."
They knew damn well it was classified. They also know they wont get in any trouble.

Old 02-03-2016, 03:50 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
oops

Old 02-03-2016, 04:00 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/kerry-use...-politics.html

It seems like a lot of high ranking people would have to notice that Clinton and now Kerry were sending classified info on private email accounts.
Snowden, Kerry, Hillary and persons yet to be named, guilty of treason. Maybe cut Snowden a break.

Old 02-04-2016, 12:15 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they were sending classified information to each other on Facebook.

"Like"

Old 02-04-2016, 01:56 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
They knew damn well it was classified. They also know they wont get in any trouble.

I used to think what you said is true. I'm not so certain now. Let us not forget, the stuff coming out now is from the DOS ... not the stuff billary deleted. The FBI still has that ... and what has come out here has all the potential of being just dust in the wind compared to the looming mega-sandstorm.

El Nox

Old 02-04-2016, 03:36 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:

Too bad they didn't have precognition and know that it would be reclassified 5 years later.
Do you understand that a document, by it's nature, should be classified the second it is typed?

Old 02-04-2016, 06:21 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,823 times
Quote:

If you can't recognize information that should be classified then you have not business handling any information. How would you like Hillary or Kerry working for YOUR company and trading away all your secrets that they see to enrich themselves??

Old 02-04-2016, 04:21 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,700,367 times
Quote:

Um..., no. Informaton is classified at the time it is created or when it comes into the possession of the government. It is then scheduled for declassification after a period that could be thirty days or thirty years.

You almost never, ever retroactively classify information because (a) of the above rule; (b) you cannot retrieve it from all the unclassified storage places it is on; and (c) because it attracts attention to the information. The only time I have ever seen information classified retroactively is when it was incorrectly underclassified when the information was created/collected - and it was caught right away by a higher headquarters. Maybe once or twice in my lifetime - and I spent eleven years in that world.

Here's another red herring I urge you not fall for: 'It wasn't marked classified at the time.'

That's actually what we call a 'confession.' By accepting the security clearance, you accept the responsibility to see that the classified information you handle is properly marked. Hillary Clinton herself actually said this on March 10, 2015, at an early press conference about this debacle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies