Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 03:48 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
This wasn't directed at me, but i would have been furious at Bush if I'd known he'd honored a mosque with terrorist ties., as I was disgusted when he first called Islam a religion of "peace." Has he never read a history book on Islam?
The ones dancing in the streets of NJ after thousands died should be shot. Hows that for love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 04:06 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Nah they were just blowing up Federal buildings in Oklahoma city...

oh wait.. that wasn't a muslim.

Since you don't know what happened there, I'll splain it to you. That was payback for Waco and Ruby Ridge.
A little misdirected, but predictable just the same.
Just ask Bill Clinton and Janet Reno what can happen when the Federal Government oversteps it's bounds.
You leftists can't seem to digest that, eh?

Old 02-03-2016, 04:13 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Having failed to show that this mosque is radical, posters are muddying the waters and shifting ground to that all Muslims are radical terrorist rapists who hate America.

Old 02-03-2016, 04:28 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Your always on the side of those that do us harm. Have you always been that way?

Old 02-03-2016, 04:39 PM

106 posts, read 75,838 times
Obama to his credit is trying to win the war, not the battle.

Allowing an US vs. THEM mentality only fuels the flames of contention and gives the radicalized islamics more bait for new recruits. So how do you contend with that?

Surely many islamic people do assimilate in the west and many are surprised to find their children and grandchildren are absorbed by western culture which ultimately has a stronger pull.

That said I want to see countries adhering and/or implementing extremely strict policies on
'refugees' in regards to entrance and deportation.

Any refugee, asylum seeker, immigrant perhaps who commits a crime/ act that could in any way be perceived as stemming from ideological opposition to the west (terrorism ...assaulting non-muslims, harassing women, calling for the downfall of their host country, calling for the downfall of police, acts of religious persecution etc.) should face both prison and automatic deportation.

If refugees attended a mosque and listened to anti-west rhetoric and hate mongering and violence goading...I think he should be warned and face deportation upon repeated visits to such a mosque.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:02 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama hasn't been to a Christian church , yet he goes to Mosque.. he is a muslim .
Sigh.

Obama visits Bethlehem's Nativity Church | Reuters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK7tYOVd0Hs

Obama Family Attends Easter Service at Historic Baptist Church in Virginia - NBC News

Obamas celebrate Easter in Episcopal church - ABC News

Old 02-03-2016, 05:03 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Obama hasn't been to a Christian church , yet he goes to Mosque.. he is a muslim .
Actually this week he is visiting several faith-based organizations and he has a prayer breakfast tomorrow.

All you ODSers getting your panties in a twist totally baffle me. Does nobody read the papers or watch the news? He's doing a religious thing this week. Happy?

"''The speech was one of several almost back-to-back, high-profile Obama addresses to U.S. faith communities, talks he seems to be using to focus on religious tolerance during an election season where faith often comes up in fiery contexts. One week ago he spoke at the Israeli Embassy, saying the impulse to stigmatize people of other faiths is “deep within us.” On Thursday he will address one of the most high-profile evangelical events, the National Prayer Breakfast..."

Geez.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...lim-americans/

Old 02-03-2016, 05:12 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
That is the true spirit of Christianity, showing kindness even where some may despise you.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:38 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
The ones dancing in the streets of NJ after thousands died should be shot. Hows that for love.
I live in New Jersey. No one was dancing in the streets, trust me.
How's that for truth?

Or would you rather believe, was it Trump?, who said he saw people dancing in the streets from his mid-town office? lol Old eagle eyes..haha

My daughter and her husband were just two of the people walking across the bridge into Brooklyn to get out of the area.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:40 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,880 times
Islam was founded by terrorism, bigotry, fascism...ugh, the history is so bloody and hateful.

It's all in the Qur'an, Hadditha, and Sunnah with a bonus of hatred between the split between the Shia ~ Sunni conflict that persists to this day, along with the bigoted disdain toward "infidels". Here's a review...

"...Muhammad's failure to leave a clear successor resulted in a deep schism that quickly devolved into violence and persists to this day as the Sunni/Shia conflict. His own family fell apart and literally went to war with each other in the first few years. Thousands of Muslims were killed fighting each other in a battle between Muhammad's favorite wife, Aisha, and his adopted son, Ali.

Infidels fared no better. Through Muhammad's teachings and example, his followers viewed worldly life as a constant physical battle between the House of Peace (Dar al-Salaam) and the House of War (Dar al-Harb). Muslims are instructed to invite their enemies to either embrace Islam, pay jizya (protection money), or die.

Over the next fourteen centuries, the bloody legacy of this extraordinary individual would be a constant challenge to those living on the borders of the Islam’s political power. The violence that Muslim armies would visit on people across North Africa, the Middle East, Europe and into Asia as far as the Indian subcontinent is a tribute to a founder who practiced and promoted subjugation, rape, murder and forced conversion.

In Muhammad's words: "I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us and we will not interfere with them..." (Bukhari 8:387)..."

The Life of Muhammad

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies