Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 10:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Marking emails after the fact is nothing more than hiding them from the public.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:10 AM

57,232 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
So let me understand where you're going with this.

If Republicans admit that Powell and Rice were wrong and agree to them being investigated, prosecuted and punished accordingly as needed ... then you'll admit that Hillary Clinton was criminally irresponsible with the handling of sensitive government data, certainly shouldn't be elected president and likely will have to go to jail for a bit.

Sound about right? If yes, good on ya! If no, why are you bringing it up at all?
I'm not defending anyone just looking for consistency.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The consistency here is that the people running America think they are above the law and that the laws do not apply to them.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:21 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
It's not their fault that someone sent classified information to their personal email, the question is, did they report the security breach?

There is a lot of people on the left trying to use this deflect heat away from Hillary, despite the fact that this is nothing like what Hillary did with her email, and personal server.

You mean these E-Mails weren't reclassified after they were sent?

Old 02-05-2016, 11:21 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:

Exactly. Anyone who can be shown to have knowingly mishandled classified information should be punished for it.

Any E-4 analyst or GS-6 worker would, the same should go for the brass.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:24 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
As long as you're not excusing Hillary, then I'm fine with that. If Hillary, Powell and Rice broke the law then they should be held accountable. But even if no laws were broken, Hillary running the State Department from her own horribly insecure private network was an absolutely terrible idea. She completely failed to get the help of a competent expert to make that private network secure enough to use for government business. She utterly fails her own "Who do you want to answer the phone at 3AM?" litmus test of competence.
  • Horrible judgement and terrible decision making on the whole private email server mess.
  • Horrible judgement on both her and Obama's part not sending help for the embattled Americans at Benghazi.
  • The woman just seems to be in one scandal after another, most often due to her own poorly thought out decisions.

Who do I want answering the phone at 3AM? Definitely not Hillary Clinton. Can't say I'd want it to be Trump either, so hopefully we're not stuck with a choice between those two.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:29 AM

57,232 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
As long as you're not excusing Hillary, then I'm fine with that. If Hillary, Powell and Rice broke the law then they should be held accountable. But even if no laws were broken, Hillary running the State Department from her own horribly insecure private network was an absolutely terrible idea. She completely failed to get the help of a competent expert to make that private network secure enough to use for government business. She utterly fails her own "Who do you want to answer the phone at 3AM?" litmus test of competence.
  • Horrible judgement and terrible decision making on the whole private email server mess.
  • Horrible judgement on both her and Obama's part not sending help for the embattled Americans at Benghazi.
  • The woman just seems to be in one scandal after another, most often due to her own poorly thought out decisions.
Who do I want answering the phone at 3AM? Definitely not Hillary Clinton. Can't say I'd want it to be Trump either, so hopefully we're not stuck with a choice between those two.
I'm not giving her a pass, that is up to the FBI but I sincerely doubt that she is the only irresponsible person. They should scrutinize the entire system if it's insecure, the goal should be to protect classified information.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:39 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
There should be consistency. The FBI should evaluate the allegations against all of them and hold all of them accountable to the fullest extent of the law.

And that even means Hillary Clinton, who is the only person being discussed here who the Obama regime is expected to obstruct the justice process for on this subject.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Exactly. Anyone who can be shown to have knowingly mishandled classified information should be punished for it.

Any E-4 analyst or GS-6 worker would, the same should go for the brass.
But it wasn't classified until after it was sent and the WH saw it (Hillary's emails).
So no one mishandled it.

The WH classified it so that it wouldn't be made public.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:46 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Well actually, the fact that both parties did it has always been part of the discussion. The fact that Colin Powell openly did it and says this is a non issue and no Republican said anything shows the bias on this situation, and proves you guys are only doing this to attack Hillary Clinton.
Wrong. I'm not a Republican and frankly I don't care about Colin Powell or Condi Rice (although I'm surprised you're not screaming RACISM!), but Hillary set up an unsecured email server at her home and was sending, receiving and storing these emails from both her unsecured PC and her cell phone. If they did what Hillary did, then they should go down too, but it appears they did not. Robert Patraeus went down for this, why on earth shouldn't Hillary (if guilty, ahem)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies