Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 01:46 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,433,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Liberal Democrat here, growing increasingly frustrated with my own party...

That usually comes with maturity and getting smarter with age.

Your growing up, that happens to some of us who get wiser and smarter with age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 01:53 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,433,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I grew up in a very blue state hearing stories from my parents and grandparents about how much dems did for the poor, working and middle classes. Thus, for a long time I was a staunch democrat. Well, until dems really lost their way. For example, the dems of yore would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either seeing their wages depressed or were being displaced in the workforce all due to illegal immigration. They also would not have been happy to see Americans being deliberately displaced by H1-B visa holders. And those dems of yore would have done something about it---and I don't mean amnesty, nor do I mean bringing in even more H1-Bs. Instead, they would have fought for their constituents. Once upon a time you could have counted on the dems to fight for Americans.

Today's dems put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans. They also don't care about Americans who have been displaced by H1-B visa holders. Even worse, they fight tooth and nail for illegal aliens, without so much of a single thought as to how this negatively affects Americans.

Libs once were very concerned about overpopulation and pushed for zero population growth. Many even decided to not have children because they didn't want to contribute to overpopulation. Fast forward to today---libs wring their hands over the environment all the while refusing to secure our borders or deporting illegal aliens. They think nothing about allowing 1 million legal immigrants into this country per annum with no thought about whether or not the infrastructure is there or the natural resources to deal with so many people.

Neither party is looking out for Americans. However, at one time I expected much, much more from the dems---and they delivered. Sadly, this is no longer the case.

Ditto to everything you stated in this post. Same here for myself, I also grew up in a home who believed that Dems did do so much for the party and for the working middle class and poor. And then to watch this party go down the drain, because it truly is. Every thing you state is true, and some may not like that, but that is life. I am not happy with either party myself, and for the voters, no doubt with Trump and Sanders winning in NH that speaks volumes also. And yes the Democrats of today have truly lost their way. You make some very good points, but then again I always agree with you.

Good post friend!

Old 02-10-2016, 05:43 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,874,742 times
I'm not happy with neither party either, I'm just less unenthusiastic about the democrats running the nation due to the Republicans running for office who are either big government in the bedroom or special interests like Trump. I only like Sanders right now and would hold my nose with Rubio if he was the Republican candidate. Kasich vs Hillary, I might just have to vote third party on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies