Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 11:02 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
. The only ones benefitting from this while fiasco seem to be those who were uninsured before and are now getting something for free while the rest of us pay for it.
Those are the only ones that were ever intended to benefit. That's what Obamacare is all about - making it so people who couldn't afford health insurance before can now get it. In that sense it has been very successful. And naturally, someone has to pay for that.

The idea was that insurance companies would be compensated in the form of a broader market, since young healthy people who didn't buy insurance before would now be forced to do so. For people who already had insurance it was supposed to have little effect. To the OP's question, yes I was able to keep my plan and my doctors and so Obamacare has not affected me one bit. But I know that is not everyone's experience.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:06 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:

Laughable. It's not a matter of feeling superior. It's a matter of maintaining control of the fruits of our own labor. Forcing someone to labor for the benefit of others is slavery. But you're in favor of slavery, right?
I'm in favor of everyone having access to health insurance. Whether it's a right or not is irrelevant. It's a moral obligation. It's part of being a civil society, something cons don't care to have any interest in.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:08 AM

Quote:
I certainly don't benefit, so your statement that "everyone benefits" is untrue.

And you have the choice of providing your own healthcare coverage by the sweat of your own brow, but why do that when others will provide it for you, right?

And some choose to look for any teat to suck on, no matter how it impacts others. Even when it amounts to theft.
You may think I don't pay for health insurance. You'd be wrong. Keep wrongfully assuming though. As I said, you can opt out of your coverage & get new coverage. However, it appears you just want to complain instead of doing something about it, eh?

And yes, it benefits you. Think about it real hard, it might come to you.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:12 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I'm in favor of everyone having access to health insurance. Whether it's a right or not is irrelevant. It's a moral obligation. It's part of being a civil society, something cons don't care to have any interest in.

Everyone has always had access to health insurance. It's just that it comes with a cost. And like any other consumer product, if you want the product you must pay for it. I would never tell anyone that they cannot or should not have health insurance. I'm just not willing to pay for others having it while at the same time paying for coverage for myself and my family. If *you* want it, then *you* go buy it and use *your* money to pay for it. If *you* cannot afford it, then either find a way (if you are motivated enough) or do without. Seems simple enough and imminently more fair than the current mess.

Fragile, I'm not saying you can't drive a Mercedes, I'm just saying I'm not going to buy you one.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Everyone has always had access to health insurance. It's just that it comes with a cost. And like any other consumer product, if you want the product you must pay for it. I would never tell anyone that they cannot or should not have health insurance. I'm just not willing to pay for others having it while at the same time paying for coverage for myself and my family. If *you* want it, then *you* go buy it and use *your* money to pay for it. If *you* cannot afford it, then either find a way (if you are motivated enough) or do without. Seems simple enough and imminently more fair than the current mess.

Fragile, I'm not saying you can't drive a Mercedes, I'm just saying I'm not going to buy you one.
And like I said, we all pay into things that we either don't agree with or don't need.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:16 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
They could afford the premiums but they could not afford to get sick!
That's like my current "Obama blessed" plan. $10,000 deductible. Hope I never get sick.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:17 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
And like I said, we all pay into things that we either don't agree with or don't need.

Then that's where we work to change things. Hopefully the next administration will undo the damage the present regime has done.

As long as the government keeps handing out life preservers, so one will ever learn how to swim.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
He did you a favor. Your outlawed plan was a plan only to take your monthly payments. If you had needed medical care, you would have been SOL!
And now I have a plan that costs more but I will still be SOL if I get sick.

I don't need the government or Obama telling me what insurance I should buy. Maybe you do, but I don't.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
In plain English, your plan was CRAP."
Kinda like my "Obama blessed" plan today.

Old 02-08-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
In other words, you had a crap plan previously. Pick a different one, it's not that hard.
So you may need Obama to tell you what insurance to buy but I don't. It's not that hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies