Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 01:12 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,103,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Well, you know, we needed it this way. Because the old way was bankrupting many people. Wait a minute.....
Indeed. The whole Obamacare thing is a botched amputated abortion.

They need to repeal every federal and State law and regulation, and start over with real Free Market health insurance. Get rid of employer-based plans, but let employers reimburse employees for health plan coverage costs.

Let people tie their catastrophic health plan to their life insurance and profit off of it once again.

If the only thing single people want is Emergency Room coverage, then let them buy a $50,000 or $200,000 policy or whatever.

Let people buy mental health separately. Let people buy separate policies for doctor office visits and drugs. Women can get a rider for "vagina care" just like men can buy "******* care" if they need or want it. Quit forcing people to pay for things they neither need nor want.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:19 PM

19,952 posts, read 20,669,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Indeed. The whole Obamacare thing is a botched amputated abortion.

They need to repeal every federal and State law and regulation, and start over with real Free Market health insurance. Get rid of employer-based plans, but let employers reimburse employees for health plan coverage costs.

Let people tie their catastrophic health plan to their life insurance and profit off of it once again.

If the only thing single people want is Emergency Room coverage, then let them buy a $50,000 or $200,000 policy or whatever.

Let people buy mental health separately. Let people buy separate policies for doctor office visits and drugs. Women can get a rider for "vagina care" just like men can buy "******* care" if they need or want it. Quit forcing people to pay for things they neither need nor want.

Stop making sense. It's unecessary.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:22 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,543,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That's like my current "Obama blessed" plan. $10,000 deductible. Hope I never get sick.
Hope you don't man

Old 02-08-2016, 01:27 PM

19,480 posts, read 12,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I lost my job and coverage.
I looked into getting new coverage.
Can't afford it. I'm fukt.
My wife has a few non life threatening health issues that more than likely are going to bankrupt us and we are going to lose everything.
I guess once we are homeless we can maybe get Medicare?

Medicaid. I take it your state did not expand Medicaid, or your income is still to high to qualify.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:29 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,374,387 times
It's amazing how conservatives woke up to the world of crappy insurance plans that many of us have been stuck in for years. What, doctors don't do house calls anymore either?

Old 02-08-2016, 01:34 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,524,748 times
Quote:
Hahahahahaha. Funny you should mention cable. Because NO, I DON'T have cable. Why? Because I refuse to pay for something I don't use. Which is what I tell the cable providers that keep trying to get me back. I refuse to subsidize those folks that want 500 sport channels, when I only watch 3.

I really couldn't have asked for a better example than you've given me here. We "all" don't wish to pay for things we don't want except for liberals who a) think they know better how others should live their lives, and b) can't think for themselves and have to be handheld through life.
Sounds like you simply took my words. We all pay for things we don't agree with or need. By the way, cable is unnecessary & a luxury product. Health insurance isn't.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:36 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,177,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I could have. But I found a better plan for less on the exchange. Thanks, Obama!
Lost mine and the alternative was hideously expensive for crap coverage.

Thanks, jackass

Old 02-08-2016, 02:12 PM

17,390 posts, read 11,936,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Sounds like you simply took my words. We all pay for things we don't agree with or need. By the way, cable is unnecessary & a luxury product. Health insurance isn't.
Actually, health insurance is. You can argue that health CARE isn't, but health insurance is.

And I did not "take" your words. I completely disagree - we do NOT pay for things we don't agree with or need in a free market (cable). Why should we when the government steps in and decides what's best for us?

Old 02-08-2016, 02:21 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,524,748 times
Quote:
Actually, health insurance is. You can argue that health CARE isn't, but health insurance is.

And I did not "take" your words. I completely disagree - we do NOT pay for things we don't agree with or need in a free market (cable). Why should we when the government steps in and decides what's best for us?
Sure you do, it's what we call taxes. And I would absolutely call insurance a necessity. How many people do you know who can pay for cancer treatment, a necessary lifesaving procedure/s, out of pocket? That's a huge eye roll right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies