Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 08:10 PM

5,298 posts, read 2,341,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
You cannot have a government and freedom at the same time. They are mutually exclusive. The whole premise of government is to be able to do things that no individual would be able to do, morally.

For instance, you site the bill of rights as protections of freedom. However, the Bill of Rights came after the creation of a government. They had to amend the creation of government to include protections from what or who? From the very thing that was most likely to violate their rights. The thing they just created; a government.
Fellow AnCap?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 08:20 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,566,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Fellow AnCap?
Yes. Through and through. Anything else just can't be morally reconciled.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:53 PM

5,298 posts, read 2,341,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Yes. Through and through. Anything else just can't be morally reconciled.
Good to have you around. Say hi to No_Recess too...we get picked on a lot.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:32 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,875,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Bent, if anyone should learn the understanding of the Constitution and the various amendments it is you. I have never met or read anyone who is more consistently wrong when it comes to the Constitution, and please this isn't just because we are sometimes on different sides of the political fence.

Aside from the Federalist Papers, the Constitution there are over 200 years of judicial review establishing as specified by the Constitution what rights exist under the Constitution and which do not. Now I don't agree with the reasoning of many laws or Supreme Court decisions but that's the way the rules were set up and I will abide with them until we find a Constitutionally sanctioned method for changing them.
Quite superstitious of you, it seems.
Somehow you will wait for this magical "Constitutionally sanctioned method" to appear one day. And THEN things will be better.
Ain't gonna happen. You will be better off to click your heels three times.

"ERE I am...."

Old 02-13-2016, 05:53 AM

58,666 posts, read 27,018,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
That's a really good question because stop and frisk, no-knock and warrantless searches, full tactical raids have been going on in some neighborhoods for over 40 years yet I don't recall so called patriots ever complaining about such abuses of the Constitution…

And when folks in Ferguson protest police abuse by the state, the Oath Keepers and Patriot Networks instead of coming to stand between the people and the state, instead choose to stand with the government…

Funny how that works.
"And when folks in Ferguson protest police abuse by the state,"

I would change that to, "When the thugs riot and accuse a policeman of murder BEFORE ANY evidence has been gathered, then when the evidence IS gathered it is found out that the policeman did NOT MURDER anyone, the thugs continue to go around with their hands up crying, "black lives matter" our great DoJ go after the policeman BECAUSE he is WHITE.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:41 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,163,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
We maintain our freedom with the constant threat upon the govenment to do to it what the Patriots did to the British: overthrow it. Hopefully, that will not become necessary because the elected politicians will do what we sent them to do, but this is becoming less common. I don't think the Founding Fathers expected that a time would never come when the US government would become so corrupted that the people would need to overthow it. That is why they made the 2nd Amendment: to overthrow tyrannies.
Ah, now we come to the heart of the matter: guns, guns, and more guns will makes us FREE!!!!CX

Old 02-13-2016, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Quite superstitious of you, it seems.
Somehow you will wait for this magical "Constitutionally sanctioned method" to appear one day. And THEN things will be better.
Ain't gonna happen. You will be better off to click your heels three times.

"ERE I am...."
"Quite superstitious of you"? What the hell does that even mean?

Old 02-13-2016, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"And when folks in Ferguson protest police abuse by the state,"

I would change that to, "When the thugs riot and accuse a policeman of murder BEFORE ANY evidence has been gathered, then when the evidence IS gathered it is found out that the policeman did NOT MURDER anyone, the thugs continue to go around with their hands up crying, "black lives matter" our great DoJ go after the policeman BECAUSE he is WHITE.

When Blacks protest police mayhem they're "thugs". When whites occupy federal property because they want to force the government to give it to them, they're "patriots". Right-to.

Old 02-13-2016, 07:50 AM

2,652 posts, read 8,566,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
When Blacks protest police mayhem they're "thugs". When whites occupy federal property because they want to force the government to give it to them, they're "patriots". Right-to.
If blacks had done it in the same way they would be patriots. Instead they pillage their own neighborhoods. If they would occupy the local PD and peacefully engage the populace I'd consider them hero's.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:49 AM

58,666 posts, read 27,018,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Ah, now we come to the heart of the matter: guns, guns, and more guns will makes us FREE!!!!CX
"h, now we come to the heart of the matter:"

Yep and YOU are afraid of guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies