Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 07:41 AM

31,288 posts, read 20,678,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No I didn't read the link.

He violated national security and should be shot.
So you are OK if the government violates the constitution but not if a citizen exposes it? Got it. You are the perfect government employee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2016, 12:37 PM

858 posts, read 705,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
He signed a non-disclosure clause.

He violated black letter law and should be incarcerated in Supermax.
so if you get hired for a contract job at someone's house and sign an NDA, you can't report the homeowner for anything at all? What if they have kidnapped children in a dungeon in the basement?

Old 02-10-2016, 12:48 PM

858 posts, read 705,870 times
I think he's a hero. If i was President, I'd given him a pardon and bring him home. I think people are against him because they agree with the government in being able to spy on everyone without a warrant...probably 'because they have nothing to hide' which somehow makes everything ok.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
so if you get hired for a contract job at someone's house and sign an NDA, you can't report the homeowner for anything at all? What if they have kidnapped children in a dungeon in the basement?
But...but....but it's different if THE GOVERNMENT is doing something illegal.

Old 02-10-2016, 09:34 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,531,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Jesselyn Radack was the ethics attorney for the Justice Department. Her first hand experience is about as factual and telling as is possible. You should read the entire interview. Here is an excerpt.
--------------------
Would National Security Agency (NSA) whistleblower Edward Snowden be better off had he gone through official channels to expose his employer's questionable domestic surveillance practices? No way, says his lawyer, Jesselyn Radack of ExposeFacts.org. And she should know: The national security and human rights attorney has represented numerous other government whistleblowers and even acted as one herself.

Q: Some of your clients went through what channels seemed to be official at the time.

A: Thomas Drake went through every conceivable internal channel about a number of surveillance programs. He went to his boss. He went to the NSA general counsel. He went to the House and Senate intelligence committees. And not only did they fail to redress his concern, they turned around and prosecuted him for espionage. So for all the people out there shouting that Edward Snowden should have gone through the proper channels, first of all, there are not that many channels for national security whistleblowers. They are excluded from most avenues. But second of all, Tom Drake, Bill Binney, Kirk Wiebe, and Ed Loomis did go through the proper channels. And all of them fell under criminal investigation for having done so.

Defending the Whistleblowers - Reason.com
he would be arrested and jailed, if not killed like these guys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFfkd1NYtkk

Old 02-11-2016, 07:57 AM

Quote:
I think he's a hero. If i was President, I'd given him a pardon and bring him home. I think people are against him because they agree with the government in being able to spy on everyone without a warrant...probably 'because they have nothing to hide' which somehow makes everything ok.

Old 02-12-2016, 02:02 AM

7,581 posts, read 8,635,733 times
"Eric Snowden"? Edward Snowden.

Old 02-12-2016, 04:49 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,167,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because the Constitution is for the other guys, right?
If that were true, why did he run?

Because he knew what he was doing was WRONG!!!

Old 02-12-2016, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So you are OK if the government violates the constitution but not if a citizen exposes it? Got it. You are the perfect government employee.
Why did he run? Hmmm? If he was right to do it?

Old 02-12-2016, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Asked and answered.

Apples and oranges. In the house lives would be saved.

Snowden very likely got people killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies