Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 09:54 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
tell Secretary Kerry he's thin skinned. he's pretty outraged over the whole incident.

who else parades captives in front of cameras aside from ISIS and other terrorists?
Are you serious? ever hear of Abu Ghraib?

https://www.google.com/search?q=pics...tures+unedited

Last edited by Oakformonday; 02-11-2016 at 10:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 09:55 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
If you really believe that then maybe you should have joined the protest in Oregon so you could be with some like-minded individuals.

oh=http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/13/politics/iran-sailors-capture-navy-criticism/]Former Navy commander: Iran capture 'a severe failure' - CNNPolitics.com[/url]
Are you saying Obama is not a leftist and lier? He opens his mouth he lies. From keeping your I own doctor to swearing Gitmo prisoners wont be a threat when released, these bozos are wrong or lying on everthing they do. After someone lies several dozens of times I'm a little apprehensive about believing anything they say as in this case. But, you can continue believing them all you want

Old 02-12-2016, 04:41 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The Swift Boaters were a product of Karl Rove for low information voters, it worked.

I don't expect a decent answer but how would either Romney or McCain have reacted to a boat being captured in another countries territorial waters.
No, the "Swift Boaters" weren't a 'product of Karl Rove!'

Look; the Obama response to aggression has always been milquetoast, apologies, and showing weakness. He snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in Iraq and fanned the flames of ISIS terrorism across the entire region, even labeling them, "the JV team." That isn't how a leader, especially one who is supposed to be the Commander-in-Chief, responds to our enemies, and especially when we have troops captured.

I won't speak for McCain or Romney, but I feel certain that they wouldn't have said, "pretty please."

Old 02-12-2016, 05:45 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Are you serious? ever hear of Abu Ghraib?

https://www.google.com/search?q=pics...tures+unedited
are you seriously comparing what some MORONS did on their own free will (who were then punished for doing it) to Iran gov't policy?

learn how to make analogies

http://www.salon.com/2006/03/14/pros...s_convictions/

Old 02-12-2016, 06:03 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
are you seriously comparing what some MORONS did on their own free will (who were then punished for doing it) to Iran gov't policy?

learn how to make analogies

Prosecutions and convictions - Salon.com
First you should learn history, secondly you should learn what happened 10 years ago.

They didn't do anything on their "own free will", they were coached to commit those abuses.

Those responsible were never punished.

You've got a lot of catching up to do, you better get busy.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:27 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Talking meh... so what?

Quote:
Iran releases image of captured sailor crying - Fox 5 NY | WNYW

I'm so glad we lifted sanctions from this fine & upstanding country
Some y'all sure are sensitive.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:29 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:

Iran mocks and humiliates the US by showing captured US Sailor crying

Who cares? Are you humiliated? I'm not.

I'm ecstatic that our Soldiers are safe. They made a mistake in navigation. Our bad. Got them safely back in a short time. Great. What's the problem?

North Korean dictator does a lot of stuff to mock us. You bothered? Offended?

If so, that's a "you problem".

Get over it.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:56 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Another possible scenario why the sailor cried.

Gee, if I was told I couldn't fight, and had to be on my knees next to my unfired guns, in the face of a smaller and less well-armed opponent – with little American flags snapping in the breeze.

I would cry too.

Not saying this is the truth. There are always three sides in one story, yours, mine, and the truth.

So why judge.

Old 02-12-2016, 10:06 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Gee, if I was told I couldn't fight, and had to be on my knees next to my unfired guns, in the face of a smaller and less well-armed opponent – with little American flags snapping in the breeze.
Shooting on other nation's warships in said other nation's water is an act of war, and no LT-JG is going to have to be "told" that starting that sort of crisis is way, way above his pay grade.

He probably cried over the death of his career.

Old 02-12-2016, 10:11 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
First you should learn history, secondly you should learn what happened 10 years ago.

They didn't do anything on their "own free will", they were coached to commit those abuses.

Those responsible were never punished.

You've got a lot of catching up to do, you better get busy.
do you like to just make things up as you go along?

here, you might learn something Iraq Prison Abuse Scandal Fast Facts - CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies