Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 11:23 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Me neither. It's been 7 years since this man left the highest office in the land, and he has made hardly any public appearances. In fact, you can count on one hand how many times he has been seen, and heard, in public.

I find this strange because he was practically worshipped by Republicans for 8 years, his deep Christian faith, his hawkish military adventurism in Iraq, and his defense of traditional marriage had the entire conservative base in the U.S. practically swoon on his every spoken word.

Now all you hear is the sound of crickets. Why is he not out firing up the base on behalf of his brother's flagging aspirations for President? Very, very strange that a man who once had rock star status with the conservative base is now completely forgotten.

Why is this?
I saw him bicycling with some vets to raise money for some charity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 11:43 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,646,049 times
I see this thread is full of the usual suspects. Monday morning quarterbacks spouting revisionist history from msnbc. If any president should quietly fade away, it should be Obama. Unfortunately, his narcissistic personality won't allow that and we'll have to suffer his monosyllabic incoherences for who knows how long.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:47 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I saw him bicycling with some vets to raise money for some charity.
That is not exactly what I would consider a public appearance. Bicycling with vets, while nice, is a very low profile activity.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
That is not exactly what I would consider a public appearance. Bicycling with vets, while nice, is a very low profile activity.
Which makes it better. He does something just for the sake of doing something good. Not to push some agenda.

I am no fan of Bush the president but unlike Clinton he is a decent guy.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:42 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,803,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Which makes it better. He does something just for the sake of doing something good. Not to push some agenda.

People have always had that opinion of Bush, believing he is a decent guy but a terrible President. Contrary, Clinton was a great President but has questionable character.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:55 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,408,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
People have always had that opinion of Bush, believing he is a decent guy but a terrible President. Contrary, Clinton was a great President but has questionable character.
Then you have Trump, who is a terrible human being AND would make a horrendous president. Seriously, even the Bush presidency (the worst in history) would look downright successful next to a Trump fiasco.

And that's your frontrunner!

Thanks to right-wingers, the GOP is de-evolving right before our eyes. At this rate, a literal clown will win New Hampshire in 2020, instead of a figurative one (Trump).

Old 02-12-2016, 12:58 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,408,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post

Yeah, if you ignore the 100k lives he extinguished in Iraq, Bush is a swell guy.

Old 02-12-2016, 01:25 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,251,965 times
Quote:
Me neither. It's been 7 years since this man left the highest office in the land, and he has made hardly any public appearances. In fact, you can count on one hand how many times he has been seen, and heard, in public.

I find this strange because he was practically worshipped by Republicans for 8 years, his deep Christian faith, his hawkish military adventurism in Iraq, and his defense of traditional marriage had the entire conservative base in the U.S. practically swoon on his every spoken word.

Now all you hear is the sound of crickets. Why is he not out firing up the base on behalf of his brother's flagging aspirations for President? Very, very strange that a man who once had rock star status with the conservative base is now completely forgotten.

Why is this?
You won't have this problem when obuma is out. You will get reminded everyday, everywhere. From Mt Rushmore to every local street sign.

Old 02-12-2016, 01:38 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
I see this thread is full of the usual suspects. Monday morning quarterbacks spouting revisionist history from msnbc. If any president should quietly fade away, it should be Obama. Unfortunately, his narcissistic personality won't allow that and we'll have to suffer his monosyllabic incoherences for who knows how long.
And what does this post have to do with George W. Bush?

Old 02-12-2016, 02:27 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Yeah, if you ignore the 100k lives he extinguished in Iraq, Bush is a swell guy.
He's responsible for more deaths than 100K, even the most conservative estimates are 125K deaths resulting from the invasion he ordered, and that is most certainly on the low end of the death meter. Other sources are around 500 to 600K. He is also responsible for the migration of over 5 million people, who were forced to flee for their lives due to sectarian fighting, many losing everything they had.

And then there is those ISIS fella's….
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies