Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 04:53 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
None of them sent troops over to Iraq, they only authorized the President to sent troops as a last resort. Bush and only Bush gave the order to start the war.
"to sent troops as a last resort"

Maybe you should actually READ the resolution. ( don't feel bad. many people like you make erroneous statements all the time.)

S ARMED FORCES.
(a) AUTHORIZATION- The President is authorized to use the Armed Forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in order to--
  1. defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq ; and
  1. enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq .
http://uspolitics.about.com/od/warin...solution_3.htm

If you disagree, please post ANYWHERE it says, "to send troops as a last resort".

"Bush and only Bush gave the order to start the war."

No argument there. I would ADD, with FULL SUPPORT AND AUTHORIZATION FORM CONGRESS.

NOW YOU CAN IGNORE THE ROLE OF CONGRESS IF YOU WANT BUT, without THE DEM SUPPORT AND CO-SPONSORING THE BILL HE WOULD NOT HAVE HAD THE AUTHORITY TO GO.

I ACCEPT Bush's role. Do YOU accept the dems ROLE?

Last edited by Quick Enough; 02-12-2016 at 05:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 05:26 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post

And that's your frontrunner!
That isn't MY frontrunner. There's no way I am voting GOP in 2016. Every one of the frontrunners are dangerous.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:46 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I'm sure all the dead U.S. soldiers and innocent Iraqis and people who lost everything in his "great recession" would beg to differ.
I was against the war as many liberals were. My point was, and I will repeat it, he will be a breath of fresh air from the WWE nastiness that has been the GOP campaign to date.

His problem is not that he started the war. His problem was picking an evil idiot to be his VP and letting him take over.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:48 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
His problem is not that he started the war. His problem was picking an evil idiot to be his VP and letting him take over.
This. I personally don't believe Bush was evil. He was an idiot and a puppet, but he wasn't evil. Cheney on the other hand was super intelligent and super sinister. He might as well have been the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:49 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I do watch MSNBC on occasion, usually Morning Joe, where conservatives dominate the conversation. The others I don't pay any attention to. My mainstream sources would report on his appearances, if he were making any.

I hope to see and hear from him when he starts campaigning for his brother Jeb.
I can't watch Morning Joe any longer. Mika has turned into one of those babbling women I cannot stand, and Joe can't stop talking about his brother in the panhandle of Florida (let's just call it Alabama) and his bromance with Trump. Just cannot listen to this biased idiocy any more.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:49 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Me neither. It's been 7 years since this man left the highest office in the land, and he has made hardly any public appearances. In fact, you can count on one hand how many times he has been seen, and heard, in public.

I find this strange because he was practically worshipped by Republicans for 8 years, his deep Christian faith, his hawkish military adventurism in Iraq, and his defense of traditional marriage had the entire conservative base in the U.S. practically swoon on his every spoken word.

Now all you hear is the sound of crickets. Why is he not out firing up the base on behalf of his brother's flagging aspirations for President? Very, very strange that a man who once had rock star status with the conservative base is now completely forgotten.

Why is this?
Why? Because he left the country in ruins, and even his own party did all in their power to distance themselves from him. McCains biggest concern was to NOT be associated with Bush.

Having said that, I appreciate him disappearing and allowing the nation to heal her wounds.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:13 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,173,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
None of them sent troops over to Iraq, they only authorized the President to sent troops as a last resort. Bush and only Bush gave the order to start the war.

So are you saying that said Democrats were too stupid to know what Bush planned on doing? Everyone else knew the deal!

Old 02-12-2016, 06:21 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,389,775 times
Bush might not be well like but he did have class, enough class to let the new president run without him butting in. so let him retire peacefully. Now if Bill would just retire

Old 02-12-2016, 06:39 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Always the same B.S.

So, tell us which one did YOU support and vote for, and these are ONlY the Senate:

Dem's who voted FOR the wars:
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE) Current VP
Breaux (D-LA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carnahan (D-MO)
Carper (D-DE)
Cleland (D-GA)
Clinton (D-NY) Current Sec of state (Labeled Smartest women in the world by many lefties)
Daschle (D-SD) Leader of the Senate at the time and co-sponsored the bill
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Edwards (D-NC) Ran for VP
Feinstein (D-CA)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hollings (D-SC)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kerry (D-MA) Ran for Pres.
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lieberman (D-CT) Ran for Pres.
Lincoln (D-AR)
Miller (D-GA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Reid (D-NV) Current leader of the Senate
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Schumer (D-NY)
Torricelli (D-NJ)

Let me guess, Biden, voted for him TWICE.

Clinton. Unless electing the "first black" was MORE important then voting for the "first woman" President.

Kerry

Or are you too embarrassed to disclose who you voted for?
Always with these deflections. Congress ok'd the war based on flimsy intel provided by the Bush administration, not to mention BS tales of mushroom clouds and nonexistent WMD. We were all sold a bunch of lies.

The Iraq War was Bush's baby, and he will forever own it. That's a bug reason why you rarely see Bush these days--even he knows what a screw-up he waa. His entire presidency was one of the costliest blunders in US history.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:01 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
People have always had that opinion of Bush, believing he is a decent guy but a terrible President. Contrary, Clinton was a great President but has questionable character.
A great President does not get himself impeached for lying under oath (perjury), engaging in witness tampering and obstructing justice.

A great President does not supply N. Korea with nuclear materials (for "energy" purposes) which, of course, N. Korea uses to build nuclear weapons.

A great President does not change the way the FBI could obtain information (could no longer receive info from informants with a felony record) which made the U.S. much less secure and led the way for the 9/11 attacks to be successful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies