Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 09:45 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
And?

Google has evolved into much more than what Baidu has and dominates global market share in many aspect: Android is 75% of market share in China btw. I never claimed China doesn't innovate, just that America has been the leading innovator.
I was just pointing out how incorrect you previous statements were:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
No other country has a Google or Apple or Facebook. China certainly has some big companies, but they aren't very innovative and sometimes/often times just downright steal innovation.
As demonstrated, your statements are more than just inaccurate, but completely false. In fact, it was Google who stole innovation from Baidu's own Robin Li. However, perhaps, in a nobel manner as Larry Page didn't try to hide the fact.

I have nothing against Google, btw. I've spent a good portion of my career employed there. It's a great company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 09:59 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Carrier is doing it to maximize profitability, Isn't that the point of Capitalism? They have no obligation to their employees other that what's required in their contracts or by law. There's nothing from stopping these 1400 future deadbeats from moving to Mexico if they want to retain their jobs.

Old 02-15-2016, 10:05 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Video Shows 1,400 Workers Learning They Just Lost Their Jobs to Mexico - Conservative Outfitters

I wonder why they think these people are going to work hard when they know their jobs are moving to Mexico?
Well, what do you want? These are the American capitalists whom conservatives defend, doing what one does in capitalism... maximize profit. If the little people lose jobs in the process, isn't it every man for himself? I thought that was the mantra of capitalism that we all defend so much.

Old 02-16-2016, 02:46 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Look for a replay of China, with manufacturers leaving China due to rising labor costs, due to such low fertility rates.

Ding-Ding, manufacturers! The fertility rate in Mexico, 2.1, and a good part of Latin America is dropping fast, large families becoming history!

So where to go next where they're manufacturing babies like crazy, with lots of excess population/potential workers?

Those areas are getting harder to find as well!

Old 02-16-2016, 05:04 AM

240 posts, read 344,404 times
I believe they should be way more smarter to move production facility to El Paso or Laredo first, then move partial production to Mexico. Finally, leave 10% or 20% work here in the U.S to carry "Made in USA" label..

Old 02-16-2016, 05:10 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,557,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Look for a replay of China, with manufacturers leaving China due to rising labor costs, due to such low fertility rates.

Ding-Ding, manufacturers! The fertility rate in Mexico, 2.1, and a good part of Latin America is dropping fast, large families becoming history!

So where to go next where they're manufacturing babies like crazy, with lots of excess population/potential workers?

Those areas are getting harder to find as well!
Africa will be the next frontier.

Old 02-16-2016, 05:16 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
Mexican/south American workers are unreliable , other companies have tried it and failed as well.
If I had stock ,I'd sell .

Old 02-16-2016, 05:44 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I didn't realize President Obama was CEO, CFO or on the board of Carrier or if he had any say so in the dealings of American corporations. But thanks regardless, for the right wing nut website you posted.
Since 2008 the Obama cabal has added over 18,000 pages to the Code of Federal Regulations. It is estimated that complying with federal regulations costs the economy nearly $2 Trillion per year and is, along with taxes and innumerable mandates, one of the principle reasons for the lack of new business start-ups and loss of jobs to other countries.

Read more: Articles: The United States at the Point of No Return
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Old 02-16-2016, 05:48 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Fixed it for you

Apple's iPhone 6 Reportedly Costs $200 to Make

Apple’s $649 iPhone 6 Reportedly Costs $200 to Make

That is 200 dollars including labor and they sell it back to Americans and the shareholders and execs make big bank. A glance at Apple Stocks since they moved to China shows all there is to see.

With Carrier, they will charge the same price, sell us low quality crap, and the shareholders and execs will make bigger bucks.

They made profits, but more is always better when you can sell out your country

Here's United Technologies financials for 2014 for Carrier. I suppose this is the most recent report available.

7% year-over-year increase in profits of $2.8 Billion for $16.8 Billions in net sales for their "UTC Climate, Controls & Security" division. See page 19 of that report for more information.

I guess that's just not enough profit and growth for Wall Street.

http://2014ar.utc.com/assets/pdfs/UT...FullReport.pdf
What's it to you how much they make ... you're still buying the product ... right?

Old 02-16-2016, 06:36 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Africa will be the next frontier.
You forgot India, C. Eurasia, MENA and then Africa...

The suffering will be monumental for Americans. The rest of the world will not even realize anything happened while they're enjoy cold beverages and automatic clothes washing machines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies