Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you want universal health care?
Yes 174 46.90%
No 197 53.10%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 11:37 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
I was just curious since you indicated you are in a more rural setting and access to care is a serious issue, especially for early intervention. Took forever for Medicare to start the reimbursement process but late is better than not at all.
We are the perfect size to set acute cardiac interventional records!

Old 02-20-2016, 11:44 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,739,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
You are correct, we often commit the same sins we put down in others. Fred, called it projection. As humans we have a little bit of all known personality disorders. The hard work is to be aware of our imperfection.

I try hard to be an independent, but it generally leads to ambivalence. I like both Trump and Sanders even though they are somewhat distant in views. Maybe what I like about them is that they both recognize that MONEY donations rule Washington, DC.
Unfortunately, for all that contend what they are against in Washington, they still fall into the same pit.

I switched to independent years ago. Money flows into Washington to keep the entire machine flowing; that which one agrees with AND that which one doesn't.

Tommy Feanks, yeah him, said it best years ago: it's easy to protest, hard to do.

With something like healthcare, it will take drastic change, first in each individual. I don't see that happening.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:51 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, for all that contend what they are against in Washington, they still fall into the same pit.

I switched to independent years ago. Money flows into Washington to keep the entire machine flowing; that which one agrees with AND that which one doesn't.

Tommy Feanks, yeah him, said it best years ago: it's easy to protest, hard to do.

With something like healthcare, it will take drastic change, first in each individual. I don't see that happening.
Obama could open the door for a different system if the Republicans win. If they get rid of ACA they will have to propose an alternative.... Trump has said he does not want folks with previous to be denied insurance. Trump also knows the private insurance scam and I suspect he may actually favor a National Plan that cuts the middle MAN. He does not say it because he has to pretend to be a right winger, but he is a moderate.

Old 02-20-2016, 12:05 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,739,460 times
Quote:
Obama could open the door for a different system if the Republicans win. If they get rid of ACA they will have to propose an alternative.... Trump has said he does not want folks with previous to be denied insurance. Trump also knows the private insurance scam and I suspect he may actually favor a National Plan that cuts the middle MAN. He does not say it because he has to pretend to be a right winger, but he is a moderate.
As an independent, I previously could not vote in my states primary. However, since our junior senator was in the republican ballot, they changed to caucus this year. Irony....

I still refuse to listen to pre primary battle. I have zero interest in someone out 'r' ing or out 'd'ing the other candidates.

Now one could surmise that my tuning out is part of the issue: disenfranchised populace, low voter turn outs, etc... I can very aptly refute any of those contentions and tick off each candidates platforms and contentions. I choose not to. Tuning out has been a great stress reliever in life because ultimately I only have control only over my choice... The republic is far greater than I.

Just as healthcare is far greater than my opinion, I only have control over my choice. I'll share what I do know, and where to find information. Years of trying to persuade can't be undone in 6 months of a life transformation, yet I understand if it seems I do try to still persuade. But that truly isn't my intent.

I have more knowledge about the convoluted industry, but that doesn't mean I'm right.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:13 PM

18,802 posts, read 8,471,648 times
Quote:
As an independent, I previously could not vote in my states primary. However, since our junior senator was in the republican ballot, they changed to caucus this year. Irony....

I still refuse to listen to pre primary battle. I have zero interest in someone out 'r' ing or out 'd'ing the other candidates.

Now one could surmise that my tuning out is part of the issue: disenfranchised populace, low voter turn outs, etc... I can very aptly refute any of those contentions and tick off each candidates platforms and contentions. I choose not to. Tuning out has been a great stress reliever in life because ultimately I only have control only over my choice... The republic is far greater than I.

Just as healthcare is far greater than my opinion, I only have control over my choice. I'll share what I do know, and where to find information. Years of trying to persuade can't be undone in 6 months of a life transformation, yet I understand if it seems I do try to still persuade. But that truly isn't my intent.

I have more knowledge about the convoluted industry, but that doesn't mean I'm right.
You've got a bunch of good stuff, much of what is new for me. And I've been in HC a very long time.
Keep it coming!

Old 02-20-2016, 09:03 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Please explain what is the relevance of living in Montgomery County?

You do realize you are using another debate fallacy right?

*** hoc ergo propter hoc

Your area is one the most affluent areas in the country. Wages in your area are driven by government spending.

Fess up - you make a ton of money as a government contractor.

Old 02-20-2016, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Your area is one the most affluent areas in the country. Wages in your area are driven by government spending.

Living in a county with high per capita income is no picnic. Homes are incredibly expensive, but the region is resistant to economic turmoil. The Real Estate debacle of a few years ago was not that bad in this area.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:10 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:

Housing prices are ridiculous. Many who work in the county can't even afford to live there. These include teachers and firefighters. So they live somewhere else.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:24 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Big Corporations are bad. Crony capitalism.

Crony Big Government paying wages far higher than civilian jobs is good.

Old 02-21-2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Big Corporations are bad. Crony capitalism.

Crony Big Government paying wages far higher than civilian jobs is good.
Crony big government is equally bad. !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies