Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think should be legal?
Drugs 41 68.33%
Gambling 49 81.67%
Prostitution 45 75.00%
None of them 7 11.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 10:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,138 times

Advertisements

Only legalize marijuana. For other drugs, insist upon easy availability to rehabilitation clinics; inisist upon a mild probation for first offense, then make recidivist face stiffer and stiffer penalties. Legal prostitution should be closely guarded as to cut down on STDiseases. Gambling-sick, sick, poor sick suckers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 10:59 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,753,222 times
Legalize them all, regulate them through the government, and tax the bejesus out of them. Then get rid of personal income taxes.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:49 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
Legalize, regulate and tax. Use the tax revenue to pay for the regulation and rehilibatation of the addicted that desire to get unhoooked. Save the police for drunk drivers, violent crimes, corruption and financial frauds.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:13 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times
I can suggest several localities for those who want to live with those vices.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:58 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,647,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
What exactly is marijuana "cut" with in the UK and how is that accomplished?
Okay, 'cut' was the wrong word. Don't get me wrong, you can get the pure stuff here but it's rare and very expensive. If you get it from the dealer up the alley though it'll probably be mixed with a very unnatural substance. They just mix it up with anything they can lay their hands on which is the same colour and consistency. That way they can stretch a batch out and make more money.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:00 PM

1,482 posts, read 5,172,546 times
Must be a very different market in the US than the UK. I don't see how that could happen here on any sort of normal basis.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:20 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,884,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Look at neighborhoods that all three of those things run rampant.... screw that man, I like my rules.
You miss the point.. if drugs were legal there wouldn't be rampant drug use in the streets, there would be no violent gangs, or drug dealers. Look to the 1920s the mafia dealt in illegal alcohol, when alcohol was legalized it was sold in store, not through the dangerous blackmarket. Why would there still be street prostitutes if brothels were legal? If these things were legalized that doesn't mean more people would partake. Would you visit a prostitute and smoke crack? I sure wouldn't. As for your kids, thats your responsibility to only expose them to what you want to, not the governments.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:31 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,473,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post
Okay, 'cut' was the wrong word. Don't get me wrong, you can get the pure stuff here but it's rare and very expensive. If you get it from the dealer up the alley though it'll probably be mixed with a very unnatural substance. They just mix it up with anything they can lay their hands on which is the same colour and consistency. That way they can stretch a batch out and make more money.
That sounds bogus to me. "Anything they can get their hands on" Like what, grass clippings?

What does this "unnatural substance" look like?

Old 02-08-2008, 01:51 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,564,815 times
Three cheers for legalization then taxation!

Old 02-08-2008, 03:05 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,713,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinFromBoise View Post
You miss the point.. if drugs were legal there wouldn't be rampant drug use in the streets, there would be no violent gangs, or drug dealers. Look to the 1920s the mafia dealt in illegal alcohol, when alcohol was legalized it was sold in store, not through the dangerous blackmarket. Why would there still be street prostitutes if brothels were legal? If these things were legalized that doesn't mean more people would partake. Would you visit a prostitute and smoke crack? I sure wouldn't. As for your kids, thats your responsibility to only expose them to what you want to, not the governments.
Ok you are correct that the violence wouldn't be as much of a factor with actually putting out the product... but we don't need these lures everywhere to get potentially get hooked on. This stuff is garbage and you know it... we don't need these things around and damn the people who do want them. Those people get thrown into prison or killed by their kind.

If this sort of thing were legalized, it would be everywhere in America... crime would just take a different face... no longer would vice be localized... it would be in neighborhoods that were once clean of this sort of thing. I definitely don't want that and neither do alot of other law abiding citizens who want to live a wholesome life.... Can't do that with all this garbage on top of the garbage we already have, trying to entice people into it.

These are addictive things we are talking about... how many people have you seen first hand that their lives are forever ruined by 1 of those... not to mention a combination??? I can name you at least a dozen people I know off hand... and you know what? They hate it, they want it gone... but they themselves are too far gone. You say tax it... someone else above and myself say this taxation is going straight to their rehabilitation, its the stupidest most avoidable cycle I have ever seen...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies