Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 03:18 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yeah, I'm thinking that's not so.

I've never done that and no, it probably wouldn't be reasonable for me. I would likely call the cops and have them look. Is it reasonable for a police officer to follow up where his shot went? Especially with back up? Indeed. What was the union rep going to do?

Correction, Union Rep. I can tell when my initial thoughts are correct when the person responding won't be honest about the situation.

He knew he shot someone whether he admitted to it or not.

The article says they were instructed to NOT go in.
Which article? This whole thing is Zimmerman 2.0 with reporters purposely and unethically modifying their news reports.

In court, we know Peter Liang was NOT trained to perform CPR while the media painted him as a heartless bastard standing there and letting the victim die!

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2534127

"Three cops, including Liang, testified they were unprepared to perform CPR."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2016, 03:20 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Which article? This whole thing is Zimmerman 2.0 with reporters purposely modifying their news reports.

In court, we know Peter Liang was NOT trained to perform CPR while the media painted him as a heartless bastard standing there and letting the victim die!

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2534127

"Three cops, including Liang, testified they were unprepared to perform CPR."
They were prepared to make a call to someone who is.

Old 02-18-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
They were prepared to make a call to someone who is.
To which, they did make the call. Please look at the court testimony not the unethical news reports.

Quote:
At least some facts documented in court.

"The lawyer argued that Liang tried calling help as soon as he discovered that Gurley had been shot,

"Landau said he did just that, he called for help," Brown told the packed courtroom, which included Brooklyn District Attorney Ken Thompson and NYPD Detective Steven McDonald, who was paralyzed in a line-of-duty shooting in 1986.

He also said Liang couldn’t be blamed for not trying to perform CPR on Gurley, because poor training left him feeling that he couldn’t be of assistance.

“Peter Liang said he didn't do CPR because he followed procedure. He saw Akai Gurley wasn't doing good and knew to get help right away," Brown said."

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2525596

Old 02-18-2016, 03:35 PM

Lawyers are certainly no more ethical than reporters. So the cop was trained?

I've had very basic training and I could certainly give it a go.

Old 02-18-2016, 03:37 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zum View Post
Who names there kid Akai?
What's it to you?

Old 02-18-2016, 03:39 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Who names there kid Akai?
A Virgin Islander or other Caribbean person. The name can be found in multiple languages.

Old 02-18-2016, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Lawyers are certainly no more ethical than reporters. So the cop was trained?

I've had very basic training and I could certainly give it a go.
That was from court testimony! Why are you trying to discredit that?

I have basic training too but I would certainly NOT give it a go when blood was pouring out a hole on his chest. I'd probably just push his to death if I started CPR. I am not doctor and certainly don't know what would happen to the victim if CPR was performed.

No reasonable person would do that. CPR is NOT a magical treatment. If you had the training, you would know it may only improves the survival rate a few percentage - hugely depends on what kind of issue.

Old 02-18-2016, 03:43 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
The first two are Asian. The next too are white. The last two are black. Race isn't complicated.
It surely isn't complicated. It is overly simplistic and ignorant.

Old 02-18-2016, 03:57 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
A Virgin Islander or other Caribbean person. The name can be found in multiple languages.
The questioner obviously thinks that everybody should have a Caucasian name like William, John or Emily.

Old 02-18-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
That was from court testimony! Why are you trying to discredit that?

I have basic training too but I would certainly NOT give it a go when blood was pouring out a hole on his chest. I'd probably just push his to death if I started CPR. I am not doctor and certainly don't know what would happen to the victim if CPR was performed.

No reasonable person would do that. CPR is NOT a magical treatment. If you had the training, you would know it may only improves the survival rate a few percentage - hugely depends on what kind of issue.
This was the rare instance where the law worked for the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies