Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 07:22 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Since you've apparently forgotten, let me remind you that a majority of WE THE PEOPLE elected President Obama. Twice.
Bush was elected twice too, so I'm sure you agreed with everything he did as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 07:43 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Since you've apparently forgotten, let me remind you that a majority of WE THE PEOPLE elected President Obama. Twice.
The liberal media elected Obombus.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:46 AM

865 posts, read 623,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Shows how ridiculous these Republicans are. The American public has ripped Congress for eight years because of their obstructionism. The Republicans are petulant children who throw temper tantrums when they don't get their way, as seen in last night's debate.
You do realize that the senate has only been in Republican control for just over a year, right?

Old 02-17-2016, 07:48 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,989,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Bush was elected twice too, so I'm sure you agreed with everything he did as well.
I didn't agree with it, but I didn't go around screeching that he was a TYRANT and pretending that the rules didn't apply to him.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:49 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
Harriet Miers, LOL. Even Republicans thought she was a joke of a nominee. Bush was such a clown.
Not nearly as much of a joke as the sexist, racist Sotomayor or the clown Kagan. Both were as hopelessly unqualified as Loretta Lynch is to be AG.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The liberal media elected Obombus.
See what I mean? I may not have agreed with Bush's policy decisions, but I never pretended that he wasn't a legitimately elected president. I mean, the one time he actually won an election, anyway.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Not nearly as much of a joke as the sexist, racist Sotomayor or the clown Kagan. Both were as hopelessly unqualified as Loretta Lynch is to be AG.
You do know that Kagan was recommended by Scalia, right? And please give an example of Sotomayor's racism and sexism.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:54 AM

59,022 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Oh, great, so you found one example from thirteen years ago. Still not actually relevant, since the Democrats were obstructing one specific nominee because they felt his views were too extreme.

To remind you, in this case, the GOP has already announced that they will not confirm or give a hearing to any nominee, even if Obama nominates one of Scalia's kids.
"Oh, great, so you found one example from thirteen years ago."

What does that have to do with anything?

Supreme Court DON'T come up every day.

Of course when the dems do it it is OK but, the repubs can't.

"
FLASHBACK: In 2007, Schumer Called For Blocking All Bush Supreme Court Nominations

Blake Neff
Reporter

Sen. Chuck Schumer gesturing. (T.J. Kirkpatrick/Getty Images)

[CENTER] [/CENTER]
During a Sunday morning appearance on ABC’s “This Week,” Democratic Sen. Charles Schumer decried the intent of many Senate Republicans to prevent President Barack Obama from appointing the successor to deceased Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia.
But less than a decade ago, Schumer advocated doing the same exact thing if any additional Supreme Court vacancies opened under former President George W. Bush.
[CENTER]Ads by ZINC[/CENTER]

Almost immediately after Scalia’s death was announced Saturday evening, Republican lawmakers and presidential candidates began arguing the appointment of his successor should be left to the next president. Schumer lamented this outlook as pure obstructionism.
“You know, the kind of obstructionism that [Senate Majority Leader] Mitch McConnell ‘s talking about, he’s hearkening back to his old days,” Schumer said, according to The Hill. “In 2010, right after the election or right during the election, he said, ‘My number-one job is to defeat Barack Obama,’ without even knowing what Barack Obama was going to propose. Here, he doesn’t even know who the president’s going to propose and he said, ‘No, we’re not having hearings; we’re not going to go forward to leave the Supreme Court vacant at 300 days in a divided time.'”

“When you go right off the bat and say, ‘I don’t care who he nominates, I am going to oppose him,’ that’s not going to fly,” Schumer added.
When George W. Bush was still president, Schumer advocated almost the exact same approach McConnell is planning to pursue. During a speech at a convention of the American Constitution Society in July 2007, Schumer said if any new Supreme Court vacancies opened up, Democrats should not allow Bush the chance to fill it “except in extraordinary circumstances.”

[LEFT]
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/14/fl...#ixzz40RBZiRAy
[/LEFT]

Sorry you, you can't have it both ways.

"the GOP has already announced that they will not confirm or give a hearing to any nominee,"

I DON'T think the "GOP" has said that.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 02-17-2016 at 08:02 AM..

Old 02-17-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
No I didn't.. Bush was lax on illegal immigration.I didn't thrill. Jeb married a border crosser and she was an illegal for years.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:11 AM

Quote:
See what I mean? I may not have agreed with Bush's policy decisions, but I never pretended that he wasn't a legitimately elected president. I mean, the one time he actually won an election, anyway.
I remember the days when the news was not bias.. it was just facts and one could think for oneself.. not with liberal opinions constantly telling people how to think. What is acceptable and what isn't . Political correctness took over the minds of many people and many are still stuck there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies