Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 11:06 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,558,981 times

Advertisements

Liberals love gun free zones because they invite mass murders. To the liberals, the higher the body count and the more frequent it happens, the merrier because they can use that to push for more gun control.

Liberals don't give a crap about anybody's life let along children. They are perfectly fine with murdering as many people as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 11:08 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,558,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Honestly, how many armed citizens have prevented crimes. In this case you could be stuffing your mouth with a sandwich before you knew what was happening.
Did you google before you posted this?

Old 02-15-2016, 11:34 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,366,346 times
Quote:
Honestly, how many armed citizens have prevented crimes. In this case you could be stuffing your mouth with a sandwich before you knew what was happening.
How many times do you have to be told the answer? You've been told many many times and yet you continue to ignore reality. You seem totally incapable of accepting the idea that your bias is completely wrong.

The CDC says a minimum of 500,000 defensive gun uses PER YEAR.

You want to read articles about them? Here are thousands:
https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/
http://thearmedcitizen.com/category/...tizen-stories/

How about a school shooting that was stopped by an ARMED principal before liberals made them "fun free zones"? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_...chool_shooting

How about mass shootings stopped by armed civilians?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ass-shootings/

Of course NONE of this will sink in and you'll continue to parrot the party line that armed citizens never stop crimes.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:37 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,366,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
They weren't just individuals, but highly trained, uniformed LAPD who I'm sure are more screened than the average gun owner that carries in Arizona.
You clearly have absolutely no idea what so ever how much training and practice police officers get with firearms. The average person who goes to the trouble to get a concealed carry permit is BETTER trained and practices MORE than the police. Criminals practice more than the police.

Welcome to reality.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:40 AM

5,301 posts, read 2,353,510 times
I walked into a place for lunch the other day and on the door it said "this is a gun free establishment" and I just imagined myself as a criminal...

I honestly had to hold back my laughter. Oh, I guess I'll just go home with my gun then. I might have ended up shooting someone! I'm sure a lot of people feel safe when they see that sign, but they definitely should not.

Old 02-15-2016, 11:40 AM

13,607 posts, read 21,388,345 times
Most of America is a "marijuana free" zone, how is that working out?

Old 02-15-2016, 12:26 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,019,889 times
I'm going to have to disagree, I think criminals are more afraid of police. A cop has the authority to detain a person. If a criminal matched a description, the cop could stop him, ID him, check him for weapons or crack, does he have a warrant, is his car stolen. All things that could land him in jail. A regular gun carrying civilian can't do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
more than are reported by the liberal media. criminals are not afraid of the cops, they are afraid of the private citizen, as they are more likely to get shot.

Old 02-15-2016, 01:04 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,353,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
I'm going to have to disagree, I think criminals are more afraid of police. A cop has the authority to detain a person. If a criminal matched a description, the cop could stop him, ID him, check him for weapons or crack, does he have a warrant, is his car stolen. All things that could land him in jail. A regular gun carrying civilian can't do that.
I think they're equally afraid of getting shot, regardless of who has the gun.

Old 02-15-2016, 01:27 PM

58,996 posts, read 27,280,292 times
Quote:
"Honestly, how many armed citizens have prevented crimes."

I think I have referred you to the Armed Citizen site before.

Obliviously you NEVER looked at it, otherwise you wouldn't be asking such ignorant questions.

Old 02-15-2016, 01:28 PM

58,996 posts, read 27,280,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Just another attempt by radical tea partiers to turn America into Somalia or Afghanistan where even children roam the streets brandishing assault rifles instead of an enlightened western society.
WOW exaggerate much.

Oh, I forgot, this your normal type of post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies