Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 07:48 AM

58,959 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I'll bite.

I voted for him.
I believed that he could do what he promised and that changes were so desperately needed. The fact that he's black was great, too.
I'd vote for him again, yes - in a heartbeat!
The bigots in our country have lost their collective minds. Because of these people not being able to handle having a black president, race relations have become strained. It's pretty sad, IMHO.
My life got a lot better. I went from working in the private sector to working for DoD, and I purchased a house.
"The bigots in our country" That, to me sounds more bigoted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 07:49 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"the Republicans have a Black candidate running for the nomination this year,"

AND had one the last election, Herman Cain.
Good point.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:49 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
Quote:
"The bigots in our country" That, to me sounds more bigoted.
Why? You don't believe there are any bigots who don't like the president?

Old 02-15-2016, 07:50 AM

5,276 posts, read 6,207,341 times
I'm not sure pointing to Carson proves equality since he banked has 9% in his most ideologically favorable state and 2% in the next. I'm fine with 10 minorities running one year and none the next. I don't expect people to organize their life or career to suit my preference for diversity.

FWIW- I haven't noticed any Jews in the Republican primary. Doe this means the Ds are the de facto friends of Israel?

Old 02-15-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I suspect any potential AA candidates all saw what happened inauguration night when the Rs met to plan how they were going oppose everything he said and did.

Why cast your pearls before swine?
"when the Rs met to plan how they were going oppose everything he said and did."

Even IF they did, and I do OT believe it, what would that have to do with race?

MANY liberal blacks, note I did NOT say ALL blacks, have posted since day one that whites opposed obama BECAUSE he was black.

IMO, it is THEY who are he racists.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Why? You don't believe there are any bigots who don't like the president?
Yes, I believe that are bigots who don't like the President because of his half race.

I ALSO believe that they are a VERY, VERY SMALL minority.

YOU have made a coulpe of statement that are anti white. Do I believe that you are a bigot because of them? Not yet.

Do YOU believe that there are blacks who are bigoted toward whites?

I repeat, they are MANY on here who say that whites who oppose Obama BECAUSE of his race NOT because of his policies. Are THEY ALL bigots?

Old 02-15-2016, 08:05 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
Quote:
Yes, I believe that are bigots who don't like the President because of his half race.

I ALSO believe that they are a VERY, VERY SMALL minority.

YOU have made a coulpe of statement that are anti white. Do I believe that you are a bigot because of them? Not yet.

Do YOU believe that there are blacks who are bigoted toward whites?

I repeat, they are MANY on here who say that whites who oppose Obama BECAUSE of his race NOT because of his policies. Are THEY ALL bigots?

There are bigots who are black, yes.

What anti-white statements have I made?

Quote:
I don't understand the question.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:18 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,036,023 times
Quote:
Hi OP,

The thing is, there ARE differences (in experiences) between blacks and whites. I think that exposing those different experiences makes some white people uncomfortable.

I'm not a huge fan of Sharpton and Jesse, so I wouldn't defend them, but I think that race relations are bad because some people get uncomfortable when certain realities are exposed.

ETA: I think it's totally reasonable to not like BO because of his policies. I just don't think that's the reason for some people.
Yes, there are differences, but when someone like the POTUS takes a situation like the Trayvon Martin or Mike Brown case and uses them for political gain and grand standing, then that's absolutely wrong.
Obama was essentially blaming law enforcement for the outcomes of these individuals, in so much as he send the attorney general in there as a show of force.
What Obama should have done, was used these 2 peoples actions to demonstrate how not to react in situations, especially when the other person is armed with a gun.

It reminds me of the OJ Simpson case. While most blacks believed he was guilty, they celebrated that he got away with murder only because he was black.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:19 AM

23,966 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Again, for the slow bus riders , it's ideology, not race. Have none of you ever seen the Ds in Congress oppose an R president and vice versa? So many of you foolishly act like that's never happened before. /SMH
No black Republican candidate makes it out of the primary.

There is a piece about the experience of Michael Steele on the net today.

I'd vote for him in a minute for POTUS. Why not run somebody who could get elected.

If you think that the loyal opposition against Obama is due to policy and not race, come on down to my neighborhood.

Old 02-15-2016, 08:30 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
No black Republican candidate makes it out of the primary.
How does that change the fact that Ds in Congress oppose R presidents and vice versa? It doesn't.

This is about IDEOLOGY, not race.

Only racists perceive it as racism, through their own racist blinders. It says MUCH more about the accusers than they realize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies