Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 08:48 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"the Republicans have a Black candidate running for the nomination this year,"

AND had one the last election, Herman Cain.
yep and they both had terrible ideas and dropped out in the primaries because they sucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Good point.
no not really didn't you ever hear quality before quantity

Quote:
How does that change the fact that Ds in Congress oppose R presidents and vice versa? It doesn't.

This is about IDEOLOGY, not race.

Only racists perceive it as racism, through their own racist blinders. It says MUCH more about the accusers than they realize.
bull it's about race, when Bush jr. Was in office the d's and r's worked togethe , not so since Obama took office from day one in fact he was shown absolute disrespect and do you remember the whole he's a Muslim thing going around about him? How about on cd where you had people calling him the "boy king", a Muslim sympathizer, "food stamp president? That's about policies??? Enough and already with the poorly veiled racism we get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 08:55 AM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
Quote:
This is about IDEOLOGY, not race.

Only racists perceive it as racism, through their own racist blinders. It says MUCH more about the accusers than they realize.

43% of Republicans believe Obama is a Muslim. Think about that.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:03 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
no not really didn't you ever hear quality before quantity
I get your point, but the charge was specifically racism. Minority candidates clearly disprove that.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Cleric View Post
43% of Republicans believe Obama is a Muslim. Think about that.
He, himself said he was to George Stephanopoulis: "My Muslim faith.". He was registered as a Muslim in school. What are people supposed to think when it comes from his own mouth and his own school records? That's enough info to make anyone question or have doubts. What other presidential candidate has ever said anything like that, or has had a school record indicating that?

And Islam is a religion. Do we really have to go into the grotesquely distasteful anti-Semitic posts made by Democrats here on c-d? That's an attack on a religious belief, as well.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:08 AM

302 posts, read 473,837 times
I used to be very close to a black family who, like many folks, were very excited when Obama became POTUS. Many believed that he might be good for the country, and looked forward to him making a positive difference. After his first term, so many of us lost faith in him due to the things he did, particularly in regards to illegal immigration, and his many lies.

So I was shocked when I saw they were campaigning for Obama for his second term. I know that if he had been white and did the things Obama had done they never would even consider campaigning for him. I will never really know for sure, but I do know that many things he has done are totally opposite of their beliefs and political ideals. What else could I think other than they supported him only because he is black?

Old 02-15-2016, 09:14 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKittehs View Post
I used to be very close to a black family who, like many folks, were very excited when Obama became POTUS. Many believed that he might be good for the country, and looked forward to him making a positive difference. After his first term, so many of us lost faith in him due to the things he did, particularly in regards to illegal immigration, and his many lies.

So I was shocked when I saw they were campaigning for Obama for his second term. I know that if he had been white and did the things Obama had done they never would even consider campaigning for him. I will never really know for sure, but I do know that many things he has done are totally opposite of their beliefs and political ideals. What else could I think other than they supported him only because he is black?
Did you ask them? I guess it's easier to make assumptions. Maybe they thought he was a better choice than Romney?

Last edited by Cali Doll; 02-15-2016 at 09:28 AM..

Old 02-15-2016, 10:03 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
I get your point, but the charge was specifically racism. Minority candidates clearly disprove that.
so just because they have a few minority candidates that excuses them from racism? Ever heard someone say "I'm not racist I have a black friend" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Did you ask them? I guess it's easier to make assumptions. Maybe they thought he was a better choice than Romney?
na that can't be it Romney was the best and before him McCain and Palin were a dream team!!

Old 02-15-2016, 10:11 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
People don't like Obama because of his ideology, dear, not because of his race. Note how the Republicans have a Black candidate running for the nomination this year, but the Dems do not.
You'll never convince the liberal racists that everyone else doesn't see everything through a racial prism like they do.

Old 02-15-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
so just because they have a few minority candidates that excuses them from racism? Ever heard someone say "I'm not racist I have a black friend" ?
Feel free to show us the Dems' non-lily White candidates this year. I'll wait...

And food for thought...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...youd-expect-2/

Mr. Community Organizer president's legacy:
Chicago: America's most segregated city - Jan. 5, 2016

Old 02-15-2016, 10:56 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Quote:
Feel free to show us the Dems' non-lily White candidates this year. I'll wait...

And food for thought...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...youd-expect-2/

Mr. Community Organizer president's legacy:
Chicago: America's most segregated city - Jan. 5, 2016
So Chicago has practiced segregated housing for what 100+ years and somehow it is the Legacy of Obama?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies