Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 02:17 PM

7,577 posts, read 5,298,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Have any black posters responded to this thread?
None with any sense considering how the usual suspects have hijacked the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 02:27 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,197,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Thank you for being honest.
I don't think people don't like Obama because he's black, I think people don't like him because of his decisions, policies and the fact that he's hurt race relations more than he's help.
Instead of trying to grey the divisions between white and black, he's made them even more transparent, and has even contributed to the 'victimhood' stance that race baiters like Rev Al and Jesse Jackson so successfully play.

There's lots of white people that would have loved to have seen Condi Rice run for higher office.
Had Condi Rice been elevated to an office of higher power, I don't think that is how everyone would have behaved. They are not racist if the blacks are not in a position of power. If, all of a sudden that black person has power or imagined power over them, then they feel threatened and the racism emerges.

If you saw what I saw written on people's pickup trucks when Obama won in 2008, you might think differently. Lots of really racist gross stuff. Don't kid yourself.

Michelle Obama, Sasha and Melia have pretty much had to be f*cking perfect during the last 8 years, and the 'non-racists' have still found disgusting things to say about them. Not because they were disgusting people--it is because they are black. And if you think that is not true--go back and do a search on this forum alone.

Old 02-15-2016, 02:36 PM

56,990 posts, read 35,090,905 times
*SIGH*...SMH..

I'm black, I voted for Obama twice and if pitted against McCain or Romney again, I'd vote exactly the same way.

Life for the better? My life was good in 2008, it's damn good now and will remain very good no matter who occupies the White House.

The end.

Old 02-15-2016, 02:45 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,916,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Had Condi Rice been elevated to an office of higher power, I don't think that is how everyone would have behaved. They are not racist if the blacks are not in a position of power. If, all of a sudden that black person has power or imagined power over them, then they feel threatened and the racism emerges.

If you saw what I saw written on people's pickup trucks when Obama won in 2008, you might think differently. Lots of really racist gross stuff. Don't kid yourself.

Michelle Obama, Sasha and Melia have pretty much had to be f*cking perfect during the last 8 years, and the 'non-racists' have still found disgusting things to say about them. Not because they were disgusting people--it is because they are black. And if you think that is not true--go back and do a search on this forum alone.
Fantastic post.

Old 02-15-2016, 02:56 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,616,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Fantastic post.
I second that.

Old 02-15-2016, 03:16 PM

9,309 posts, read 16,613,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I'll bite.

The bigots in our country have lost their collective minds. Because of these people not being able to handle having a black president, race relations have become strained.
Obama has increased racial relations in this country considerably. He makes statements only when a black person is killed by a white person, not when a black is killed by a black, which there is a hell of a lot more incidents. It has nothing to do with being a black president, it has to do with having his head up his ass and his lack of understanding of the Constitution.

Old 02-15-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Obama has increased racial relations in this country considerably. He makes statements only when a black person is killed by a white person, not when a black is killed by a black, which there is a hell of a lot more incidents. It has nothing to do with being a black president, it has to do with having his head up his ass and his lack of understanding of the Constitution.
He's increased racial relations? What does that mean?

You guys with this "race relations" nonsense. If there's any topic that's overrated, it's race relations.

Why does everyone act as if we all have to like each other?

Old 02-15-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:

Damn...spot on.

Old 02-15-2016, 03:45 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,265,004 times
Quote:

Excellent post!

I especially agree with the bolded. Having BO as president brought out the hatred in a lot of people. These are probably some of the same people who cry about "race relations."

Old 02-15-2016, 03:48 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,133,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm black, I voted for Obama twice
Of course you did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies