Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 10:47 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I'll give you $500, in exchange for $100, plus another $400.

We won't need to swap any money, we'll just balance accounts.
Ok, thats perfect. Just add in my $600 processing fee and we are all set!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 10:47 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I'm terrible at bating...last time I tried it didn't work and I didn't get paid for it either. There must be a way for me to just take money that isn't mine because I don't think other people deserve to have it instead of me?

There's a few traditional methods

1) Form a small, poor country and come a begging

2) Get a gun, ski mask, and use your imagination

3) Run for Congress, pays well and the hours are good

Old 02-16-2016, 10:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Look, I'm lucky and fall above this average, but I'd like more money so I don't think its fair that everyone is making this much when I have additional needs, I mean do they even need it all? There are over 120M American households, multiply that times $53K and that is a TON of money, what an unbelievable system!!!

All that money out there and I want more but cant get my hands on it. How do I vote for someone who will find a way to take money from them and give it to me?

US Household Income | Department of Numbers
The system isn't broke. If you want a system of equality then you want communism.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:50 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

i put a gun in my car and drive around wearing a ski mask, but nothing ever happens. am i doing it wrong?

Old 02-16-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

3) Run for Congress, pays well and the hours are good
See, those require WORK, and I'm not willing to do that...lets try something else where I don't have to put in any effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The system isn't broke. If you want a system of equality then you want communism.
Where do I get this communism you speak of? Will someone just give me that? It sounds complicated, not so sure about this.

Quote:
i put a gun in my car and drive around wearing a ski mask, but nothing ever happens. am i doing it wrong?
You have enough money for a gun, a car AND a ski mask? We definitely need to talk about how much money you can give me, it sounds like you have a lot of extra that you are wasting on all of these things you are buying.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:03 AM

3,913 posts, read 5,231,072 times
Quote:
Look, I'm lucky and fall above this average, but I'd like more money so I don't think its fair that everyone is making this much when I have additional needs, I mean do they even need it all? There are over 120M American households, multiply that times $53K and that is a TON of money, what an unbelievable system!!!

All that money out there and I want more but cant get my hands on it. How do I vote for someone who will find a way to take money from them and give it to me?

No one is going to give you much of anything unless you are broke and they need your vote. They take from you to give to them. Short of that, you are on your own. For all the bluster each side tosses up every couple of years, in the end it's more like rearranging furniture on the titanic. We may not have hit the iceberg yet but, you can sure see it from here.....ahem....

If you are above this mark, congratulations. Now you have to start to find ways to keep some of your money. Otherwise, Hillary and Sanders have some news for you. Don't feel bad though, they have some plans for everyone's cash although those they take it from may not see any benefits at all.

To be fair, the Republicans will take some of your cash too to shut up the inside left. People that might be traditionally slightly lower than you or the fading group of 53K a year....in the end, the Guvmint just costs too damn much. I think if we started reforming the federal pensions we could free up billions in taxpayer dollars....it's not like they could complain too much...especially when you told them that it was that or lose their guvmint jobs?

No, no one is going to throw you a life jacket and odds are you probably aren't going to drown with Kate Winslet holding on to you. More like Flo' from Waffle House with a cigarette hanging off one lip and a rolling pin in the other. What a life. Better get focused on how YOU are going to make YOUR money and HANG on to it. The rest is noise. Too many folks looking for the OTHER guy to provide for them. God knows, there are legions that won't work for it.

Brings up another thought. Why do we let so many in? If you try to walk across the border into Somalia, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Chad, Sudan, most of the rest of Africa, Soviet Union you might, at the very least, get shot. It's not like they rooooollllll out a red carpet, sign you up for benefits, start feeding, clothing, educating, and medicating you all with a politician screaming on live TV on your behalf. No, they probably just make you a statistic. And other than a few Jane Goodall types, no one pretty much gives a damn. But, here in America, turn away one kid named Juan and we are f'd. What's that all about?

While no one is advocating making our "guests" statistics...not at least that YOU know about, it does seem that stopping the tidal wave of those with hands out and signs in various languages saying "I might work for food but, it's bedduh if you just give to me, meet my familia and their offspring for chu my friend my friend"....

I mean, after all, you want more, right? How are we suppose to make sure you have a shot at more with all dem damn new moufs to feed?

Old 02-16-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
No one is going to give you much of anything unless you are broke and they need your vote. They take from you to give to them. Short of that, you are on your own.

For all the bluster each side tosses up every couple of years, in the end it's more like rearranging furniture on the titanic. We may not have hit the iceberg yet but, you can sure see it from here.....ahem....

If you are above this mark, congratulations. Now you have to start to find ways to keep some of your money. Otherwise, Hillary and Sanders have some news for you. Don't feel bad though, they have some plans for everyone's cash although those they take it from may not see any benefits at all.

To be fair, the Republicans will take some of your cash too to shut up the inside left. People that might be traditionally slightly lower than you or the fading group of 53K a year....in the end, the Guvmint just costs too damn much. I think if we started reforming the federal pensions we could free up billions in taxpayer dollars....it's not like they could complain too much...especially when you told them that it was that or lose their guvmint jobs?

No, no one is going to throw you a life jacket and odds are you probably aren't going to drown with Kate Winslet holding on to you. More like Flo' from Waffle House with a cigarette hanging off one lip and a rolling pin in the other. What a life.

Better get focused on how YOU are going to make YOUR money and HANG on to it. The rest is noise. Too many folks looking for the OTHER guy to provide for them. God knows, there are legions that won't work for it.

Brings up another thought. Why do we let so many in? If you try to walk across the border into Somalia, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Chad, Sudan, most of the rest of Africa, Soviet Union you might, at the very least, get shot. It's not like they rooooollllll out a red carpet, sign you up for benefits, start feeding, clothing, educating, and medicating you all with a politician screaming on live TV on your behalf.

No, they probably just make you a statistic. And other than a few Jane Goodall types, no one pretty much gives a damn. But, here in America, turn away one kid named Juan and we are f'd. What's that all about?

While no one is advocating making our "guests" statistics...not at least that YOU know about, it does seem that stopping the tidal wave of those with hands out and signs in various languages saying "I might work for food but, it's bedduh if you just give to me, meet my familia and their offspring for chu my friend my friend"....

I mean, after all, you want more, right? How are we suppose to make sure you have a shot at more with all dem damn new moufs to feed?
What are you doing with yourself that you have so much free time on your hands where you can write all of that this afternoon? Lets work on getting you a job to use up some of this free time of yours. Once you start, how about we agree that you will give me 35% of your earnings? Sound good?

Old 02-16-2016, 11:06 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:

Depends on how you feel about small rooms, lousy food, and orange jump suits.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:10 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:

??? ???

What exactly do you need? If I had just ONE $53,000 annual paycheck I would be set for life.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? ???

What exactly do you need? If I had just ONE $53,000 annual paycheck I would be set for life.
I'm impressed, $53K will get you by for the rest of your life? I hope I didn't miss the party, but either way happy 100th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies