Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2016, 07:53 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times

Advertisements

The last people who would want their kids to have a day off are the parents themselves. They are working. These sorts of demands are often instigated by rabble rousers which the press make them appear to have come from the parents. One more thing. Muslims use the lunar calendar. So every year these holidays move back 10 days or so. So the Eid they are fighting over will quickly move to the summer and stay there perhaps 10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 01:28 AM

1,431 posts, read 912,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I would guess that the poster I responded to knows absolutely nothing about Ramadan.

I have worked for many years with a few Muslims. Do I know their religion and culture intimately? No, I do not.

Kudos to you for looking it up! lol
You responded to me...and I was in Afghanistan with the Afghan National Army during the last part of Ramadan, and in The United Arab Emirates a week after it started. I didn't need to look it up because I was actually in middle eastern countries while it was going on. Smh.

I'm not Muslim, yet I know how many times a day they pray, what time the evening prayer song comes on, what direction they face their rugs when praying, what foods are considered halal, why they don't shave their beards, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
No you don't. You don't have a clue.

28 muslims working in the World Trade Center died that day, along with three passengers on the planes.
They were from 16 countries, including Trinidad, Greece and Burma.

Mohammed Salman Hamdani - 23 years old - NYPD Cadet
Shabbir Ahmed - 47 years old - Windows on the World Restaurant
Tariq Amanullah - 40 years old - Fiduciary Trust Co.
Michael Baksh - 36 years old - Marsh & McLennan
Touri Hamzavi Bolourchi - 69 years old - retired nurse on United #175
Abul K. Chowdhury - 30 years old - Cantor Fitzgerald
Mohammad Salahuddin Chowdhury - 38 years old - Windows on the World
Jemal Legesse De Santis - 28 years old - World Trade Center
Simon Suleman Ali Kassamali Dhanani - 63 years old - Aon Corp.
Syed Abdul Fatha - 54 years old - Pitney Bowes
Mon Gjonbalaj - 65 years old - Janitor, World Trade Center
Nezam A. Hafiz - 32 years old - Marsh & McLennan
Zuhtu Ibis - 25 years old - Cantor Fitzgerald
Muhammadou Jawara - 30 years old - MAS Security
Sarah Khan - 32 years old - Forte Food Service
Taimour Firaz Khan - 29 years old - Carr Futures
Abdoulaye Kone - 37 years old - Windows on the World
Abdu Ali Malahi - 37 years old - WTC Marriott
Nurul Hoque Miah - 35 years old - Marsh & McLennan
Boyie Mohammed - 50 years old - Carr Futures
Ehtesham U. Raja - 28 years old - TCG Software
Ameenia Rasool - 33 years old - Marsh & McLennan
Mohammad Ali Sadeque - 62 years old - newspaper vendor at WTC
Rahma Salie - 28 years old (7 months pregnant) - American #11
Khalid M. Shahid - 25 years old - Cantor Fitzgerald
Mohammed Shajahan - 41 years old - Marsh & McLennan
Nasima Hameed Simjee - 38 years old - Fiduciary Trust Co.
Michael Theodoridis - 32 years old - American #11
Abdoul Karim Traore - 41 years old - Windows on the World
Karamo Trerra - 40 years old - ASAP NetSource
Shakila Yasmin - 26 years old - Marsh & McLennan

Many more (hundreds) worked there and could have been victims.
So basically 1% of the people that were confirmed dead were Muslim. That's a really insignificant number in the grand scheme of that attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Are atheists forced to go to church on christmas? No, they just get the day off.
I'm not sure how you missed that Christmas is a secular holiday when it's all over this thread. Let me know when Kwaanza and Hannukah become federal holidays.

Old 02-20-2016, 01:43 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post

I'm not sure how you missed that Christmas is a secular holiday when it's all over this thread. Let me know when Kwaanza and Hannukah become federal holidays.
Hopefully, never. And I'd love to see christmas come off the federal holiday list as well. Have you asked christians whether they think that christmas is a secular holiday?

Old 02-20-2016, 04:22 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Kick out the Muslims who are here, and don't let any more into the country.

Also, find a way to kick out the liberals who support them.

Old 02-20-2016, 04:30 AM

524 posts, read 400,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Kick out the Muslims who are here, and don't let any more into the country.

Also, find a way to kick out the liberals who support them.
That is NOT the answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2016, 07:52 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
No you don't. You don't have a clue.

28 muslims working in the World Trade Center died that day, along with three passengers on the planes.
They were from 16 countries, including Trinidad, Greece and Burma.

Mohammed Salman Hamdani - 23 years old - NYPD Cadet
Shabbir Ahmed - 47 years old - Windows on the World Restaurant
Tariq Amanullah - 40 years old - Fiduciary Trust Co.
Michael Baksh - 36 years old - Marsh & McLennan
Touri Hamzavi Bolourchi - 69 years old - retired nurse on United #175
Abul K. Chowdhury - 30 years old - Cantor Fitzgerald
Mohammad Salahuddin Chowdhury - 38 years old - Windows on the World
Jemal Legesse De Santis - 28 years old - World Trade Center
Simon Suleman Ali Kassamali Dhanani - 63 years old - Aon Corp.
Syed Abdul Fatha - 54 years old - Pitney Bowes
Mon Gjonbalaj - 65 years old - Janitor, World Trade Center
Nezam A. Hafiz - 32 years old - Marsh & McLennan
Zuhtu Ibis - 25 years old - Cantor Fitzgerald
Muhammadou Jawara - 30 years old - MAS Security
Sarah Khan - 32 years old - Forte Food Service
Taimour Firaz Khan - 29 years old - Carr Futures
Abdoulaye Kone - 37 years old - Windows on the World
Abdu Ali Malahi - 37 years old - WTC Marriott
Nurul Hoque Miah - 35 years old - Marsh & McLennan
Boyie Mohammed - 50 years old - Carr Futures
Ehtesham U. Raja - 28 years old - TCG Software
Ameenia Rasool - 33 years old - Marsh & McLennan
Mohammad Ali Sadeque - 62 years old - newspaper vendor at WTC
Rahma Salie - 28 years old (7 months pregnant) - American #11
Khalid M. Shahid - 25 years old - Cantor Fitzgerald
Mohammed Shajahan - 41 years old - Marsh & McLennan
Nasima Hameed Simjee - 38 years old - Fiduciary Trust Co.
Michael Theodoridis - 32 years old - American #11
Abdoul Karim Traore - 41 years old - Windows on the World
Karamo Trerra - 40 years old - ASAP NetSource
Shakila Yasmin - 26 years old - Marsh & McLennan

Many more (hundreds) worked there and could have been victims.
Muslims kill Muslims frequently. They kill non-Muslims with much more enthusiasm and internal justification. You are a target. I am a target. Our families are targets. All for no more reason than we don't subscribe to the rantings of a long-dead pedophile warlord.

Old 02-20-2016, 09:26 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; Mormons DO lose a lot of members, so they have to keep breeding to stay even in number.
I know how you feel about Mormons, but this statement is flat out false. Two thirds of the membership of the LDS Church today are first-generation converts. The Church completes another new church building somewhere in the world every day. They don't build these churches to sit empty; they build them because the need is there, and in the vast, vast majority of the places in the world where this is happening, Mormons are not the majority. Therefore, "breeding" as you put it is but a tiny factor in the growth.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:05 AM

302 posts, read 473,837 times
Why is it so wrong for Americans to want to keep their culture, instead of letting it be diluted by the demands of other cultures who make the choice to live here? America has its holidays- Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Independence Day, Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, MLK Day and Presidents day.

It used to be okay to say Merry Christmas, Happy Easter, etc. but now it seems you can't say these things because someone from somewhere else will get butt hurt. The immigrants, both legal and illegal, still get the advantages of these holidays such as time off, sales, etc. They may not understand the holiday but they will sure use it to their advantage. For example, I have seen Thanksgiving meal giveaways where the majority of the food went to illegal Hispanics. They don't care about Thanksgiving, it's just free food as far as they are concerned.

Other countries are allowed to keep their heritage and customs, and those that immigrate are expected to assimilate to the new country, not be bullied to change them because the immigrants refuse to adapt. In America, you are considered racist if you believe that American culture should be preserved. It used to be our government cared about its own people and they should come first. Now they bend to the will of the whiny immigrants who want to live here but keep their own culture and customs. It is such a shame that America is turning into a weak, submissive society that doesn't have the balls to fight for their own country's identity.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:10 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKittehs View Post
Why is it so wrong for Americans to want to keep their culture, instead of letting it be diluted by the demands of other cultures who make the choice to live here? America has its holidays- Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Independence Day, Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, MLK Day and Presidents day.

It used to be okay to say Merry Christmas, Happy Easter, etc. but now it seems you can't say these things because someone from somewhere else will get butt hurt. The immigrants, both legal and illegal, still get the advantages of these holidays such as time off, sales, etc. They may not understand the holiday but they will sure use it to their advantage. For example, I have seen Thanksgiving meal giveaways where the majority of the food went to illegal Hispanics. They don't care about Thanksgiving, it's just free food as far as they are concerned.

Other countries are allowed to keep their heritage and customs, and those that immigrate are expected to assimilate to the new country, not be bullied to change them because the immigrants refuse to adapt. In America, you are considered racist if you believe that American culture should be preserved. It used to be our government cared about its own people and they should come first. Now they bend to the will of the whiny immigrants who want to live here but keep their own culture and customs. It is such a shame that America is turning into a weak, submissive society that doesn't have the balls to fight for their own country's identity.
So what, precisely, is the "American Identity"? We are a melting pot, in case you hadn't noticed. America is made up of people whose ancestors came here from England, Germany, France, Ireland, Italy, Greece, Denmark, etc. The value of our "American Identity is rooted in its diversity.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:17 AM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You cannot deny one religious group while you afford other groups a holiday, all should be created equally. The world is changing, school districts are changing you cannot live in the past.

Slightly off topic but this is a another school district in NJ that is now majority Asian and they want to see more competitive programs, the others not so much.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/26/ny...rict.html?_r=0
You can't be serious???

How many in the middle east think we're still in the 14th century?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies