Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2016, 09:12 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
they are taking advantage of a corrupt America....and using our laws against us....

They are even handing out muslim pamphlets at colleges...recruiting....
LOL

You should hang out at the train station in my town during the commuter rush.

People handing out Christian texts. People shouting out Christian hell and damnation, loudly...recruiting...!

Commuters complained; judge says it's not against the law.

Corrupt America, imagine that! Allowing those Christian fundies to scream, yell, and berate people waiting for a train!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 09:16 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
LOL

People handing out Christian texts. People shouting out Christian hell and damnation, loudly...recruiting...!

Corrupt America, imagine that! Allowing those Christian fundies to scream, yell, and berate people waiting for a train!

No kidding. A few years ago I was at the bus stop waiting to go to work. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw this woman walk up to me. It was like in slow motion, I saw her put her hand in her LDS skirt, withdraw some flyer & extend her hand toward me. I turned toward her, gave her the hand & said "Get the f*ck away from me". She immediately retreated.

Another time outside of an abortion clinic, there was some moron with a handpainted sign: "BIRTH CONTROL CAUSES ABORTIONS!" Good god, must I educate every idjit? So, after rolling my eyes, I pulled up to him & proceeded to inform him of his ignorance regarding birth control. He tried arguing with me, I kept giving him the facts & telling him his hand painted sign was a lie. He eventually got p*ssy with me because he knew how much of an idiot he was & I called him out on it. I eventually laughed at him & left. Religious people in general are just....creepy.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:19 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
From the article:

"......The Jersey City Board did emphasize that Muslim students will receive an excused absence should they not attend school on Thursday, NBC New York reported.

Judging from the reaction in the room, that doesn’t seem quite good enough......"

It's all or nothing with them, submit or else.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:24 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
From the article:

"......The Jersey City Board did emphasize that Muslim students will receive an excused absence should they not attend school on Thursday, NBC New York reported.

Judging from the reaction in the room, that doesn’t seem quite good enough......"

It's all or nothing with them, submit or else.
"No one gets to Heaven except through Me." (paraphrasing Jesus)

Submit, OR ELSE!!!

Old 02-22-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
LOL

Yeah, that does sound really annoying. I don't like loud pushy, zealots; religious, social, political or otherwise.

Just like with panhandlers and bums I just say "no thanks" and keep on truckin'.

Anyway, if and when the fundies start killing others in the name of Jesus, groping "unchaste women", etc., etc. by all means use whatever means you have at your disposal to protect yourself.

Thankfully in the US (most places anyways, not all) you have the right to pull out the stops to defend you and your loved ones.

Last edited by doc1; 02-22-2016 at 09:58 AM..

Old 02-22-2016, 09:52 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Islam has religious, legal, political, economic and military components. The religious component is a beard for all the other components.

When politically correct and culturally diverse societies agree to ‘the reasonable’ Muslim demands for their ‘religious rights,’ they also get the other components under the table.

Separate religion from school.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:53 AM

Quote:
"No one gets to Heaven except through Me." (paraphrasing Jesus)

Submit, OR ELSE!!!
Or else, according to the New Testament, you'll pay in the afterlife. Not here on earth.

If you read the New Testament you would have not posted what you did.

If you think it's a fairy tale, who cares what it says?

Until then, in the US ( and most Western countries, I guess) you can worship your pet dog, put a crucifix in a bucket of sh*t and call it art, show a picture of Mary dressed like prostitute, be a flaming homosexual and not get some crazy, official Islamic sanctioned fatwa issued on your infidel azz.

The New Testament doesn't accommodate forced belief in Christ as savior.

Last edited by doc1; 02-22-2016 at 10:43 AM..

Old 02-22-2016, 10:00 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Comparing modern day Islam to ancient Christianity is a desperate ignorant approach.

During a period of history when superstitions and ignorance were rampant and even educated people of that day held strong misconceptions of biblical passages mostly taken from the Old Testament. But none of those activities were in anyway a part of the message of Jesus' Gospel.

When Jesus died on the cross, He put an end to the Old Testament law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23–25; Ephesians 2:15).

If you are saying Christians believe you must kill non believers in order to go to Heaven, you are a lying jerk, and you know nothing about Christianity.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Comparing modern day Islam to ancient Christianity is a desperate ignorant approach.

During a period of history when superstitions and ignorance were rampant and even educated people of that day held strong misconceptions of biblical passages mostly taken from the Old Testament. But none of those activities were in anyway a part of the message of Jesus' Gospel.

When Jesus died on the cross, He put an end to the Old Testament law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23–25; Ephesians 2:15).

If you are saying Christians believe you must kill non believers in order to go to Heaven, you are a lying jerk, and you know nothing about Christianity.
To be fair, ignorance does allow one to maintain their prejudices with a clear conscience and, in many cases, a sense of pride.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:49 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Jesus did not put an end to all Old Testament law. The 10 Commandments stand, as do the dietary laws and other specific commandments. We are suppose to follow Christ and Christ followed the law.

What Christ did away with was the ordinances and the laws for the Israeli theocracy do not apply today. That is what you are referring to.

Matthew 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies