Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2016, 10:51 AM

39,204 posts, read 27,575,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Jesus did not put an end to all Old Testament law. The 10 Commandments stand, as do the dietary laws and other specific commandments. We are suppose to follow Christ and Christ followed the law.

What Christ did away with was the ordinances and the laws for the Israeli theocracy do not apply today. That is what you are referring to.

Matthew 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
well, agree to disagree.

That is why I rarely argue with people about religion. To me, religion is subject to personal bias, and personal interpretation. Not saying you are biased.

I said, He put an end to the Old Testament law (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23–25; Ephesians 2:15)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 10:53 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Muslims erupt as school district refuses to observe holiday;

Here ya go, and here is what this woman said....

“We’re no longer the minority, that’s clear from tonight,” one woman told the school board at a meeting last week. “We’re going to be the majority soon.”

Her statement proves that they are breeding simply to take over the world...
My teacher in school way back when predicted this to his students...and it has definitely come to fruition...
They have one purpose and one purpose only...to take over...period.

Laugh if you will, but in the end, you will not be laughing....this is serious...

People laugh when you tell them this..b/c they haven't seen it...or it hasn't yet touched their lives...
New Jersey brags b/c they claim to be diverse, well here you go....immigrants refusing to accept our ways and become American. They are using our laws against us

You can come here and practice your religions all you want, but don't bring it to my house or my schools....
New York City schools will be closed for the holiday for the first time, and Muslim Jersey City residents were hoping their schools would follow suit. Can you believe this...this is how its happening....

what you say?
Yes, she represents all 9 million Muslims in the US. All of them.

Start building your safe room now.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
To be fair, ignorance does allow one to maintain their prejudices with a clear conscience and, in many cases, a sense of pride.
I would agree with that. That is why religion should be separated from school, businesses, government ,, law, etc. great post by the way.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:57 AM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post

As long as the violent, jihadi, misogynstic, Jew hating ones stay to one percent or less of the US population (3.2 million or less), and out of my neighborhood, I won't lose my head (pun intended) over it.

I'm all about the win-win.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
As long as the violent ones stay to one percent or less of the US population (3.3 million or less), and out of my neighborhood, I won't lose my head (pun intended) over it.

I'm all about the win-win.
Realistic and reasonable post.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:01 AM

1,431 posts, read 912,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Hopefully, never. And I'd love to see christmas come off the federal holiday list as well. Have you asked christians whether they think that christmas is a secular holiday?
Doesn't matter what Christians think. Separation of church and state, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Kick out the Muslims who are here, and don't let any more into the country.

Also, find a way to kick out the liberals who support them.
Whoa whoa, take it down a few notches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
You can't be serious???

How many in the middle east think we're still in the 14th century?
The answer is A LOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Tell that to their families.

But I guess the same most go for the 'handful' of christians that have died in the last 10 years in Iraq, Syria and Libya. They are insignificant in numbers, so they don't matter. מְטוּמטָם
Lol. I was in Iraq when ONE suicide car bomb in Tal Afar killed more Yezidis (150) than the amount of Muslims you posted dying in 9/11 using multiple freakin jumbo jets. Try harder than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
LOL

You should hang out at the train station in my town during the commuter rush.

People handing out Christian texts. People shouting out Christian hell and damnation, loudly...recruiting...!

Commuters complained; judge says it's not against the law.

Corrupt America, imagine that! Allowing those Christian fundies to scream, yell, and berate people waiting for a train!

Pretty annoying regardless of the religion being promoted. It should stop across the board. But that would infringe freedom of speech, so I guess we gotta just deal with it.

Quote:
"No one gets to Heaven except through Me." (paraphrasing Jesus)

Submit, OR ELSE!!!
Or else what? Are there Bible verses coercing Christians to kill non-believers? Could you please post some scriptures illustrating this? Have you seen any saying that you can rape prisoners of war?

Old 02-22-2016, 08:20 PM

7,495 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
LOL

You should hang out at the train station in my town during the commuter rush.

People handing out Christian texts. People shouting out Christian hell and damnation, loudly...recruiting...!

Corrupt America, imagine that! Allowing those Christian fundies to scream, yell, and berate people waiting for a train!

I have no problem with people expressing their beliefs. The BIG difference hear is the Christian will not pull out a machete and cut you and your families head off because you won't take his pamphlet or blow you and everyone else within 50 feet to hell.

Really chitty comparison if you ask me.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:31 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
....You should hang out at the train station in my town during the commuter rush.

Wow!

How do you survive all of that?

Must be tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
No kidding. A few years ago I was at the bus stop waiting to go to work. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw this woman walk up to me. It was like in slow motion, I saw her put her hand in her LDS skirt, withdraw some flyer & extend her hand toward me. I turned toward her, gave her the hand & said "Get the f*ck away from me". She immediately retreated.

Another time outside of an abortion clinic, there was some moron with a handpainted sign: "BIRTH CONTROL CAUSES ABORTIONS!" Good god, must I educate every idjit? So, after rolling my eyes, I pulled up to him & proceeded to inform him of his ignorance regarding birth control. He tried arguing with me, I kept giving him the facts & telling him his hand painted sign was a lie. He eventually got p*ssy with me because he knew how much of an idiot he was & I called him out on it. I eventually laughed at him & left. Religious people in general are just....creepy.
Terrible!

You must have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder!

Quote:
"No one gets to Heaven except through Me." (paraphrasing Jesus)

Submit, OR ELSE!!!
I thought your side didn't believe in heaven.

Quote:
....in the US ( and most Western countries, I guess) you can worship your pet dog, put a crucifix in a bucket of sh*t and call it art, show a picture of Mary dressed like prostitute, be a flaming homosexual and not get some crazy, official Islamic sanctioned fatwa issued on your infidel azz.
You're exposing the "We're so threatened by Christians" pose of the Muslim apologists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
If you are saying Christians believe you must kill non believers in order to go to Heaven, you are a lying jerk, and you know nothing about Christianity.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post

She represents their religion.

It's an open question how many of them take their own religion seriously.

Better safe than sorry.

Keep them out of the country.

Don't admit any more of them.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:15 AM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Peaceful Muslims and bloodthirsty Jihadis are all part of Islam.
Nothing guarantees the former nor prevents the latter.
Both are “acceptable” to Islam.
But are both acceptable to civilized nations?

It is a violation of American law to advocate the overthrow of America's government - which is exactly what ISLAM teaches.

"The Smith Act"
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385

If the law was enforced, it would effectively ban Islam, close all Mosques, deport or prosecute Muslims, and prosecute or impeach sympathizers.

Old 02-23-2016, 03:57 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Peaceful Muslims and bloodthirsty Jihadis are all part of Islam.
Nothing guarantees the former nor prevents the latter.
Both are “acceptable” to Islam.
But are both acceptable to civilized nations?

It is a violation of American law to advocate the overthrow of America's government - which is exactly what ISLAM teaches.

"The Smith Act"
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385

If the law was enforced, it would effectively ban Islam, close all Mosques, deport or prosecute Muslims, and prosecute or impeach sympathizers.
Good point!

And so true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies