Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 03:02 PM

46,949 posts, read 25,979,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
In Michael Moore's new video, when he travelled to other countries to find good ideas to bring to America, why didn't he bring back ideas like the following?

* Restricting immigration. Countries like Japan and China don't allow the 3rd World to flood in and as a result they have a strong culture with little crime.
China is 3rd World. It's one of them definition thingies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 03:11 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
The only I hope for about Moore is that a coronary silences his lunacy.

Old 02-19-2016, 03:22 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
He should go do a documentry on the good people of ISIS and their contribution to the world.

His head should look good on a stick.
You are asking a lot of the stick.

Old 02-19-2016, 03:42 PM

19,626 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The only I hope for about Moore is that a coronary silences his lunacy.

He is looking quite horrible lately, even more than usual.

Old 02-19-2016, 03:44 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,553,456 times
he went traveling across the world? why did he have to come back?

Old 02-23-2016, 07:23 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,538,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
he went traveling across the world? why did he have to come back?
no one else wanted him so he had to come back

Old 02-23-2016, 07:40 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Well spoken. Until roughly the Civil War, or the better part of half our nation's history, anyone who reached these shores automatically became an American. Of course this does not include those who were brought here as slaves, but the point still stands.

And, going back, there has always been a big paranoia about immigrants of one type or another, be they Quakers or Irish or Germans or Chinese...

I love my country. I truly do. I'm no super-patriot, but this is a unique place with incredible, inventive people (most of whom are descended--obviously--from people who immigrated here) beautiful land, etc., etc.

But there is no denying that this nation was built by immigrants and through the genocide of one race and the enslavement of another.
So were all the Latin American countries, but they aren't great. Maybe what makes the United States great isn't immigration, but our Constitution and rule of law. The people who want open borders want to change all that.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:31 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
But there is no denying that this nation was built by immigrants and through the genocide of one race and the enslavement of another.
Which time?

Reading the history of Sacajawea for example raises a lot of interesting and troubling concepts regarding non-European slavery and genocide.

The European actions were no different than most of the actions taken by the other races and cultures....they just happened to show up better armed.

Just like the Europeans "got theirs" 1000 years ago from the far east.

There has been a cycle of bad action circling about with various groups on top and bottom for millennia.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:53 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
In Michael Moore's new video, when he travelled to other countries to find good ideas to bring to America, why didn't he bring back ideas like the following?

* Restricting immigration. Countries like Japan and China don't allow the 3rd World to flood in and as a result they have a strong culture with little crime.

Michael Moore is an ex-janitor from an auto plant with a camcorder. He has no credibility about anything.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:05 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,250,687 times
Quote:
Well spoken. Until roughly the Civil War, or the better part of half our nation's history, anyone who reached these shores automatically became an American. Of course this does not include those who were brought here as slaves, but the point still stands.

And, going back, there has always been a big paranoia about immigrants of one type or another, be they Quakers or Irish or Germans or Chinese...

I love my country. I truly do. I'm no super-patriot, but this is a unique place with incredible, inventive people (most of whom are descended--obviously--from people who immigrated here) beautiful land, etc., etc.

illegal or legal?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies