Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 03:04 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
I don't eat at Chik Fil A but, that's an accusation that needs some backing up from a credible source (if there is such a thing any more).
It's no secret that Chick-fil-A made donations to anti-gay organizations, though there is confusion as to whether they gave to groups that supported the Uganda "kill the gays" situation. No matter where one stands on the issue of Chick-fil-A supporting anti-gay organizations, how does Beyonce mentioning Red Lobster in a song (is that what happened?) the same thing? Are people boycotting Red Lobster because they contribute to anti-cop organizations (they don't, to my knowledge)? It's not logical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 03:11 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
some of which work to push legislation to make homosexuality illegal, and some of those groups have donated to international hate groups that outright try to kill gay people.
Manny Pacquiao...

Old 02-19-2016, 04:47 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,535 times
Music is art. Art is a form of expression. If you don't like what Beyoncé has to say in her songs then don't listen to them. I can't stand country, blue grass, and religious music, so I don't listen to them, but I don't go online bad mouthing it either. In the early 90's rapper Paris had a song called "Bush Killa," he wasn't talking about shrubbery either, lol. Same with food, if you don't like Red Lobster don't eat there. If I were CEO of Red Lobster I'd love a shout-out like that in a song.

Society for the most part has been anti-law enforcement, at least from my prospective and people I talk to. The prohibition days, riots of the 60's, 70's, 92 and the current episodes of today people are tired of the abuse of power and now artists are speaking on behalf of the people. So what.

Now when cops mess up because of the internet and social media they can't hide.

Also because of the internet, social media and the soaring admiration of those in entertainment artists now have a bigger platform to use for voicing their opinions

Old 02-19-2016, 06:16 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
The last guy that protested Chick Fil A lost his job and is now homeless and broke. What was so bad about Beyoncé other than phoning in a pretty lame Halftime show?

Old 02-19-2016, 06:31 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
I boycott Red Lobster because it offends me as a New Englander.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:20 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
It's no secret that Chick-fil-A made donations to anti-gay organizations, though there is confusion as to whether they gave to groups that supported the Uganda "kill the gays" situation. No matter where one stands on the issue of Chick-fil-A supporting anti-gay organizations, how does Beyonce mentioning Red Lobster in a song (is that what happened?) the same thing? Are people boycotting Red Lobster because they contribute to anti-cop organizations (they don't, to my knowledge)? It's not logical.
Well, when you consider the people who are participating in the "boycott", let's just say logic isn't really being used.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:24 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post

This is the dumbest thing I have heard in a longtime.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/people-b...160055293.html
It will likely turn out as effectively as the protest at NFL headquarters.

On the other hand:

Beyonce's 'Formation' helped boost sales 33% at Red Lobster

Old 02-19-2016, 09:42 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Define hate group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
That would include any group he disagrees with.
SPLC has a definition for hate group, but instead of using theirs, i will give you mine in the most siplistic form.

A hate group is any group that works to inflict harm on another group of individuals based on race, sex, religion, or gender.

Old 02-19-2016, 09:45 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Chick Fil a donated to multiple hate groups, some of which work to push legislation to make homosexuality illegal, and some of those groups have donated to international hate groups that outright try to kill gay people.
They donated to Nation of Islam?

Old 02-19-2016, 09:52 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
SPLC has a definition for hate group, but instead of using theirs, i will give you mine in the most siplistic form.

A hate group is any group that works to inflict harm on another group of individuals based on race, sex, religion, or gender.
Lobsters gonna lob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies