Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2016, 03:28 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,905,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinyfulfilled View Post
no it isnt.. africans are the most educated people in america.. more than east indians and asian.. black women are the most educated group in america based on sex and race.. stop spewing your lies
These people are ridiculous with their stuff. They want everyone to think others are racially motivated. This forum reminds me of how backwards parts of the conservative agenda is. With this being such a huge part of the Republican base we should be able to understand why others don't want them in the White House.

Old 02-19-2016, 03:44 PM

7,573 posts, read 5,292,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Money and welfare. Blacks think the Democrats will continue to give them more and more money and welfare.
It's funny, out of one side of the conservative mouth we get the blacks get more money and welfare, then on any given day we get the Clinton/Obama policies have done nothing for black people meme, which is it folks?

The Clinton administration severely cut back on welfare benefits abolishing AFDC and replacing it with limited life TANF. Outside of the Affordable Healthcare Act, Obama has not introduced a single program that would directly benefit African American yet both Clinton and Obama have enjoyed stead fast support for both. Could it be the laws?

So just as a suggestion consider the following changes in American law and policy and look at it within a historical context and you might actually figure it out. Of course it will take a little more intellectual rigor than you are used to, but give it a try.

From the establishment of the Fair Employment Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Executive Order 9981 ending segregation in the military, the sending of U.S. Marshals to integrate the University of Alabama, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Voting Rights Act, the appointment of Thurgood Marshall to the Supreme Court, the rise of African American to elected office across the country.

http://origin.factcheck.org/Images/i..._Vote_Pres.jpg

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-22-2016 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: copyright/hotlinking

Old 02-19-2016, 04:11 PM

1,431 posts, read 907,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwnwbrwncw View Post
40/60 split is NOT down the middle. That means that 50% MORE white people voted Republican than Democrat in 2012. That is not insignificant.

Also, non-hispanic whites are 62% of the population per 2014 US Census quick facts.
USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

So 40% of 62% would 24.8%
I never said 40/60 split is down the middle, I said it almost is.

This is from a left-leaning news source, to be fair:

Quote:
And, while Obama did lose white voters by 20 points to former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney (the widest losing margin for a Democratic presidential candidate since 1984) he still won a clear popular vote victory -- with a majority of his total vote nationwide coming from white voters.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...te-no-problem/

Old 02-19-2016, 05:16 PM

50,357 posts, read 23,934,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Education levels are lower among blacks. They've learned over the years to do what their masters (Democrats) tell them.
I'm sorry, but that just doesn't work. The many Blacks I worked with over a 30 year career in education has Bachelor Degrees, Masters Degrees, and Doctorates, and all but one of them was a Democrat.

But your statement points out what this thread will really be about -- a bunch of White Republicans telling Blacks that they aren't intelligent enough to think for themselves. I'll tell you that Blacks are intelligent enough to know which party they're not really welcome in; which party welcomes in a token pizza maker or token doctor; which party doesn't align voting districts against them; which party doesn't try to suppress their vote.

Next time you're walking down the street, why don't you just walk up to a Black woman or man and tell them how dumb you think they are.

Old 02-19-2016, 05:19 PM

50,357 posts, read 23,934,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Dems have a tradition of taking care and keeping people happy with welfare and programs that directly affect the black community.
I think all that is about to be thrown out the window with this election. The Dems and half the Reps are for amnesty for millions of illegal aliens who are in this country and once given a path to work legally they will of course be directly competing for the low skill jobs that are currently held by many blacks.

It is easy for a candidate to say that the black folk can move up to higher skilled better paying jobs but those are the realm of white middle class and breaking into that is usually a matter of education which is often lacking in the black community.

If the blacks and other minorities know what is good for them they will not vote for a pro amnesty candidate.
And Republican politicians have a tradition of taking care of big business and keeping corporations happy with business tax cuts and laws that make businesses "people".

And there you go with the they're night bright enough to know better routine. How condescending.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:06 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,550,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
Lol. Why put time and effort into a group of people that votes 94% Democrat every single time? That's like giving money everyday to a homeless alcoholic that panhandles across the street from a liquor store.
Pretty much this could be the Republican motto.

Old 02-19-2016, 06:50 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,033,416 times
Blacks line up with the racist democratic party.. the dems put them in public housing to keep them away from their white neighborhoods.. they must like it there. They keep telling them about the color of their skin that keeps them poor.

Republicans message is to work hard, get a good job, education and have your own self worth.. and who cares if your skin has more pigment in it.. you are the same as anyone else. We don't preach on color, just success in working hard.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:08 PM

29,961 posts, read 18,789,875 times
Pretty similar to the black slaves support of their Masters during the slave days...Master (Dems) give me shelter and food. Never mind that Masters and the Dem Party are profiting from their slaves and are morally wrong in their philosophy.

Old 02-19-2016, 07:40 PM

1,556 posts, read 1,899,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Pretty similar to the black slaves support of their Masters during the slave days...Master (Dems) give me shelter and food. Never mind that Masters and the Dem Party are profiting from their slaves and are morally wrong in their philosophy.
Why do you care? And if you don't care then why act as if you do care?

Old 02-19-2016, 08:50 PM

29,450 posts, read 16,367,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
The "Democratic Party" does NOT try to fix racism. Their only concern is getting minorities to vote for them so they (Democrats) can get into or stay in power. The only thing they care about is the vote. Anyone who believes otherwise is naive.
You have a right to that opinion, but i will say to you what I say to every other republicans who makes that claim.

My Situation as a Black Southern Democrat(aka, the majority of black people in this nation)

Governor = Robert Bentley(R)
U.S. Senator (S) = Richard Shelby (R)
U.S. Senator(J) = Jeff Sessions (R)
State Board of Ed = Matthew Brown (R)
U.S. Representative = Bradly Byrne (R)
State Senator = Greg Albritton (R)
State Representative = Harry Shriver (R)
County Commissioner = Frank Burt Jr.(R)
County School Board = David Cox(R)
Mayor = Bob Wills (R)

I can vote Democrat till im Blue in the face, Republicans still represent me, and the same is true for most black Democrats in the nation with the exception of the bold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.