Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 12:06 AM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
There is nothing wrong with teaching children to volunteer within the community.
Agreed.

I was just clarifying ongoing confusion about this civilian army idiocy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 12:56 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell
There is nothing wrong with teaching children to volunteer within the community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Agreed.

I was just clarifying ongoing confusion about this civilian army idiocy.
You did good.

When I went to orientation (in Chicago) I asked those around me questions as I am a natural curious person and I like to get to know people. Some times questions can make people nervous. I didn't find that at orientation though. Most were friendly and we were all there to learn, so we all had that in common. However, our backgrounds, where we were before there was different with some a common denominator, an interesting life experience.

Service Learning is hitting our public school system k-college. My hope is that parents will pay attention to that which is being taught and apply appropriate measures if any are necessary.

I was in my sister's home (recuperating from my adventure) about a month after I took leave of the program, when I saw and heard Obama's speech. It was by accident I had channeled the t.v. remote to that broadcast. I watched dumbstruck. Afterwards I thought, 'well he won't get very far'. He went all the way.

A new age, has definitely dawned and I predict crickets will begin chirping in this thread.

Old 03-08-2016, 05:12 AM

36 posts, read 32,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Obama’s ‘National Security Force?’
This false claim is a badly distorted version of Obama’s call for doubling the Peace Corps, creating volunteer networks and increasing the size of the Foreign Service.
Hmm, English is my second language but don't you think it's kind of odd to call these three things "national security force"?

Old 03-08-2016, 05:16 AM

36 posts, read 32,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
A few of the BLM thugs spent a few minutes last week beating the shi# out of a white ex-military kid at a Washington, DC McDonald's.
Any mention on the lamestream media? Uhhh, hello?
This is directed at the three usual apologists here.
He had the wrong skin color at the wrong time at the wrong place. And the wrong skin color doesn't get the CNN mentions. Nor DOJ hate crime prosecutions. Welcome to America

Old 03-08-2016, 08:08 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:

Q: Is Obama planning a Gestapo-like “civilian national security force”?
A: This false claim is a badly distorted version of Obama’s call for doubling the Peace Corps, creating volunteer networks and increasing the size of the Foreign Service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laresistance View Post
Hmm, English is my second language but don't you think it's kind of odd to call these three things "national security force"?
Yes, I do think it is odd.

Another thing I think is odd is, when in America has a community not pulled together when a disaster/crises has occurred? Can you or anyone think of any time? I know I can not.

Fargo, ND when they were threatened by flood waters, the community came together, organized themselves and sandbagged for weeks.

Question(s): Why is it that the Federal Government believes they need to teach this behavior through the school system? What was it they saw in judgment when all were classmates and some went on to become politicians; representatives of our communities, state and at federal level? (50 years has gone by since the passing of the first bill that has put this into motion)

Are they going to teach children behaviors they all ready possess and that which has been displayed time and time over again in us as adults? If the Federal Government acts out of need, where is the necessity? What is this (new) curriculum; who has authority over it? Why are the schools using Service Learning that is associated in conjunction with rehab of troubled teens? My child is ___________ (fill in the blank).

In 1963 if anyone had given a live broadcast speech, using the same language Obama used, they would have been called a commie and rode out on a rail. Yet some 50 years later, no one bats an eye. Something to think about.

It isn't just the face of America that has changed over the past 50 (200) years. The 'need' for the Government to be more proactive in our lives has increased and many view it as just another day at the beech, sunny side up.

One day America is going to wise up and realize what they could have had, but they threw it all away and for what, no one will know.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 03-08-2016 at 08:25 AM..

Old 03-09-2016, 11:35 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Just read the rest of the edited-out part of that video:
Sounds like Japan, 1940.

Old 03-09-2016, 11:41 AM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Sounds like Japan, 1940.
To tone-deaf historical-illiterates, sure.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:26 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:

Q: Is Obama planning a Gestapo-like “civilian national security force”?
A: This false claim is a badly distorted version of Obama’s call for doubling the Peace Corps, creating volunteer networks and increasing the size of the Foreign Service.

TOTAL NONSENSE. Try actually watching the video. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Peace Corps.

The only distortion is the one you just created in defense of Obama. You're as bad as he is.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:16 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
TOTAL NONSENSE. Try actually watching the video. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Peace Corps.

The only distortion is the one you just created in defense of Obama. You're as bad as he is.
"Peace is war; war is peace."- Somebody

Old 03-23-2016, 04:13 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,553,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
One day America is going to wise up and realize what they could have had, but they threw it all away and for what, no one will know.
Imperialism, now globalism.

Our ancestors decided they no longer wanted to be a farming society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies