Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the President's plan to bring Muslims to small Montana towns ?
YES. 8 7.14%
NO. 104 92.86%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 05:11 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,293,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
So you are claiming that Catholic Bishops now run the state of Montana?
You tell me. What does obligated mean to you? Why are the state's senator's urging the governor to deny admittance to refugees? What you don't get is that the taxpayers who congregated to stop this action seem to have no say. They've seen Catholic charities organization aid re-settlement to thousands of others in every state. They simply don't want to be overwhelmed in Montana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 05:27 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
You tell me. What does obligated mean to you? Why are the state's senator's urging the governor to deny admittance to refugees? What you don't get is that the taxpayers who congregated to stop this action seem to have no say. They've seen Catholic charities organization aid re-settlement to thousands of others in every state. They simply don't want to be overwhelmed in Montana.
Who told you, personally, that you are obligated to do anything?

Reading through this thread makes me wonder if people realize that other people have various opinions on things (that may be in contrast to their own) and are actively involved in promoting those ideas on a daily basis. That doesn't mean anything.

Old 02-21-2016, 05:30 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,668 times
Hey GN - Here's a few articles - I went straight to Snopes for one due to the controversy about it. It was a true story, but got blown out of proportion by the media (of course):

9 Investigates: Dad protests Islamic lessons at school | WFTV
Islam Studies in California Schools : snopes.com
Fear of Islamic Indoctrination in America's Public Schools - The Atlantic

I don't think it's so much that various religions are being taught, except for the one school who has the students confess there is no god but allah. It's that equal time is not given to other religions--Islam is more extensively studied and embraced through memorizing and reciting Islam doctrines/theology.

Got to look at the picture in the last article. It is a picture of children holding rifles with the comment that while your children (in the US) are learning to tolerate these children, these children are training to kill your children.

Sad but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I would love to know the name of that school teaching Islam, something tells me you won't have an answer.

Old 02-21-2016, 06:30 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Then why are thousands of Somalis in Minnesota and Maine?
Good luck getting an answer to that. Or to how we vet the 100+ Somalian refugees that have left the US to fight for ISIS...and still retain US citizenship.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:29 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
What are you talking about?

What on earth does Native American men being wimps have to do with 1/3 of Native American women being raped? Are American men on the whole wimps for allowing 1 in 6 women across the board be raped in our country? Are you a wimp?

Oy vey. And not a moment of care for the violence that so many women in this country face - yet every time someone is "merkled" we hear about it. 24 hour news isn't enough time to cover the number of times women are raped, molested, and sexually assaulted by our own citizens. It's a false blame meant to increase fear.
You are acting as if white men are charging onto the reservation and raping the women while the Native American men do nothing. If this was happening don't you think those men would do something about it? In no way did I imply they were wimps, I was asking you if they were.

You are spreading hateful information.........if you want honest information instead of lies made up by people who most likely never even visited a reservation, look below and read. Not one word about "white men" raping Native Americans while hunting....... Matter of fact, if you read it, it's all domestic violence.....you speak about increasing fear and then you spread false lies about the Native American women and white men......ummmm!

Native American Battering
Several sources indicate that domestic violence is a serious and common problem affecting Indian communities (Allen, 1990, in Norton and Manson, 1995; Indian Health Service, 1993, in Norton and Manson, 1997). A national survey looking into one-year prevalence rates of violence in marriage found that 15.5% of Indian couples reported violence within the marriage, and 7.2% reported severe violence (Bachman, 1992). White couples in the same survey reported violence/severe violence rates of 14.8% and 5.3% respectively. These findings themselves indicate that Native American married couples are slightly more likely to face violence within the relationship, and are at significantly increased risk for severe violence.
More than half (56%) of the Native women indicated that they had been in abusive relationships in the past (whites 61%, Hispanics 37%, Blacks 40%), while 44% stated that their partners had a history of violence previous to the current relationship (whites 48%, Hispanics 28%, Blacks 50%) (Krishnan et al., 1997). Some 40% of Native and African American women reported witnessing partner abuse as children (whites 62%, Hispanics 51%). The majority (60% and 72% respectively) of Native and Black women's partners had witnessed partner abuse as children, comparable to white (70%) and Hispanic (66%) partner rates (Krishnan et al., 1997). Indian and Black women reported that physical abuse was the most common form of abuse that they and their partners endured as children. This finding was also true for white women and their partners, as well as Hispanic women's partners, but Hispanic women reported verbal abuse was the top form of abuse they themselves faced as children (Krishnan et al., 1997).Adding to this smorgasbord of findings regarding Native domestic violence is the work of Bohn (1993), who looked into the prevalence of domestic abuse amongst a population of 30 pregnant Indian women who attended an urban medical clinic in Minnesota for prenatal and postpartum care. Bohn found that 87% of the women had been victims of domestic violence as adults, 70% from their current partners. Regarding their present status, 33% of the women reported that they had been battered during their current pregnancy, and 55% stated that they had been battered during previous pregnancies (Bohn, 1993). Other forms of abuse, including childhood abuse and sexual abuse as an adult were measured in the effort to associate abuse with negative outcomes such as chemical dependency, depression, low birth weight, and subsequent child abuse. That this population was not chosen based on particular risk of abuse history, such as is the case for shelter based studies, suggests that domestic violence and other forms of abuse are quite common in Native communities. These high rates may be more accurate than those reported in national surveys which are artificially lowered due to factors that select against Indian women most likely to face abuse.

How will Syrian refugees help the native Americans?

Last edited by wildflower82; 02-21-2016 at 10:41 PM..

Old 02-21-2016, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Heard from who? They are standing up against a rumor they started themselves.
Quote:
Because there is "what they heard" and then there are actual facts, there never has been an influx and none is planned for Montana.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
simple cut off Montana's FED funding - you all sound like you still live in WW2 against Japan-
Very few jobs in Montana.......I think they should live at your house in the sunshine. Ask the government to help you feed them......they can sit on your porch and do nothing.

So it begins here: U.S. city ‘overrun’ with criminal refugees | Whiskey Tango Texas
If the past record is any indication, the groups seeking to bring Third World refugees to small town America will not be easily chased off by people with signs.
In fact, the pro-refugee Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, put together a field manual in 2013 on how to deal with “pockets of resistance” in the American heartland. One of the strategies in that manual is to research the backgrounds of resistors and identify them as “anti-Muslim” racists.

Why does this group above sound a lot like you people?

Old 02-21-2016, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The Native Americans didn't want the white folks either, did they?
Were you never taught about native Americans and Cowboys getting along? My grandfather was Cherokee and a Cowboy on the Oklahoma cattle trail, he broke the horses others were afraid to. He never told us or the family about hating ALL white people.....Arizona and Oklahoma is were all of my family grew up, so if this was an issue we would have heard about it.

Like any American child, I used to play “Cowboys & Indians” with notable frequency, especially in the summer months, where backyards became my imagined western wilderness and my brothers and I could act out centuries of cultural incompatibility between the opposing sides.
Even today, childhood play (and childish television) fuel some of the same misconceptions and misrepresentations about the American West and its inhabitants. But traveling in Montana allowed me to meet plenty of real-life cowboys and authentic American Indians, who keep their respective traditions alive in their customs, dress, and food, and with celebrations like the Montana State Fair Rodeo and the Rocky Boy Pow Wow, pictured here.

Real Life Cowboys & American Indians – Digital Nomad

Old 02-21-2016, 11:15 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
As a white male, i find your insinuations to be vile and disgusting. The truth is, national crime statistics report that 52% are white males (which includes Latinos as white). That means 48% are not white, which would show, based on demographics ... Non-white males are about THREE TIMES MORE LIKELY to commit rape.

Furthermore, among the white rapists, a significant number are raping boys, not girls. Of course the vast majority of these homosexual pedophiles claim to be heterosexual in spite of the homosexual nature of their victims of choice.

But, speaking as a white male, we're used to being blamed for everything, so it's just par for the course. So too is it the Orwellian nature of liberals to insist that the sky is green, and the grass blue. While rational people know the real truth, I suppose the mentally deranged liberals will need to experience what the poor people of Germany, Norway, Sweden, France are now suffering at the hands of the Islamic hoard invaders before they have to deal with reality.
Well said.

The "white male rapist" b.s. is just that.

The lunatic liberals already have egg on their face after the Duke Lacrosse case, "Mattress Lady" at Columbia University, and the made-up article in Rolling Stone about a non-existent fraternity gang rape at the University of Virginia -- but that doesn't stop them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And it only took one white guy with a gun to kill 6 people in Michigan yesterday. Kalamazoo shooting rampage kills 6; Uber driver in custody - CNN.com

Does that make you want to deport all white males, or get rid of guns? (I didn't think so)
You can't legally deport U.S. citizens just for committing crimes, and we do have a Second Amendment.

Yes, we have bad people in this country.

Why would you want to add more?

What a dumb argument: "We should add more bad people because we already have bad people."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
simple cut off Montana's FED funding - you all sound like you still live in WW2 against Japan-
Montana can get along just fine without federal funding -- well, except for a lot of the Indians, but I guess you don't care about them.

In the meantime, Montana can sell its minerals, energy and beef to Canada and give the middle finger to the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
You may consider me to be a hard hearted bastard but I think we, and Western Europe, should absolutely refuse any immigration or refugees from the Middle East until they settle their own differences on their own. None, Zero, Zip.
Exactly.

But thanks to the libs, it will never happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Seven pages in and the question is still - what influx of foreigners?
We accept one million legal immigrants, refugees and asylum seekers each year. And that is supplemented with many more illegal immigrants.

This has been going on for decades.

And we don't accept the best and brightest, that's for sure.

I remember in high school in 1969 seeing hundreds of chanting Iranian Muslims marching by my school on their way to the Iranian Consulate in San Francisco to protest against the Shah of Iran.

They finally got what they wanted -- a brutal, terrorist supporting theocracy in Iran.

Why did we ever accept those losers to our country in the first place?

And that was back in the 1960s, with most of them probably having been here since the 1950s.

Quote:
The question is why can't the citizens stand up against what they'd heard was going to be an influx.
They can't because, according to Hebrew Resettlement Services or whatever it's called, that would be "racist."

Quote:
Because there is "what they heard" and then there are actual facts, there never has been an influx and none is planned for Montana.
You don't know that.

These Catholic, Jewish and Protestant religious groups sneak them in and are very quiet about it.

So is the government.

By the time you find out they're coming, they're already here.

Quote:
No. Montana's Catholic bishops urge state to welcome Syrian refugees | Reuters

The citizens are being told they are obligated to help.
What a surprise.

Interesting that the great majority of refugees being accepted here are Muslim and practically none are Christian even though Christians are literally being slaughtered in the Middle East.

The Catholic Church is a sick joke. Catholics should rebel against it.

In fact, most churches are bad.

They make no distinction between the deserving and the undeserving, and they want us to bring the whole world here (but only the bad people) and then pay for everyone while they sit on their high horse and do nothing.

Is there a difference between lunatic liberals and Christianity anymore?

Except for gays and abortion, I don't see much difference.

Last edited by dechatelet; 02-21-2016 at 11:31 PM..

Old 02-22-2016, 12:12 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Were you never taught about native Americans and Cowboys getting along? My grandfather was Cherokee and a Cowboy on the Oklahoma cattle trail, he broke the horses others were afraid to. He never told us or the family about hating ALL white people.....Arizona and Oklahoma is were all of my family grew up, so if this was an issue we would have heard about it.

Like any American child, I used to play “Cowboys & Indians” with notable frequency, especially in the summer months, where backyards became my imagined western wilderness and my brothers and I could act out centuries of cultural incompatibility between the opposing sides.
Even today, childhood play (and childish television) fuel some of the same misconceptions and misrepresentations about the American West and its inhabitants. But traveling in Montana allowed me to meet plenty of real-life cowboys and authentic American Indians, who keep their respective traditions alive in their customs, dress, and food, and with celebrations like the Montana State Fair Rodeo and the Rocky Boy Pow Wow, pictured here.

Real Life Cowboys & American Indians – Digital Nomad
Lol...you white folks ALWAYS have a Cherokee grandparent.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:54 AM

577 posts, read 512,098 times
Why doesn't Obama just put the refugees in some of those FEMA concentration camps he had built, or maybe settle them on the land he conquered in Texas during the military "Jade Helm" exercise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies