Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 03:47 AM

56,989 posts, read 35,168,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Who gives a shart.

Mad dogs should always be put down.
Then pass legislation that makes being a human tantamount to being a dog.

Whoop...there it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
You know that for a fact?

what point are you trying to make?
He shot people. What do you suppose he used?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 05:26 AM

68,325 posts, read 54,330,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Won't bring back the dead.
Nothing will, doesn't mean he deserves to continue his own life after taking that of others.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:29 AM

7,806 posts, read 6,382,607 times
Shooting people will get you a one star rating. Definitely frowned upon.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:04 AM

24,384 posts, read 23,035,605 times
We could find out why he did it, what set him off, what mind altering illegal drugs he may have been on, what mind altering prescribed drugs he may have been on. Being an Uber driver seems like a kind of last resort to make ends meet. Maybe he was in tough financial difficulties and couldn't get work, maybe his home life was taking a turn for the worse, maybe one bad passenger set him off and he took it out on others at random.
There was no AK 47 involved and he wasn't a moslem or a white separatist and he didn't target minorities so the media won't want to carry this too far and it can't be politicized the way some would like. But we can still push for answers and make it uncomfortable for them to just forget about it.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:27 AM

23,520 posts, read 17,199,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Well, he shot all those people with a gun so he obviously had access to a gun. Guns are prevalent in this country and according to many of the gun owners on here, there should be no restrictions. Heck, I say we give a gun to every new American after they are sworn in. It's the American way, right?
So what was the point of your initial post? What were you trying to say with that sarcastic post?

"At least he had easy access to guns and his 2nd amendment right was not trampled upon."

How do you know he had easy access to a firearm?

How do you know his 2nd amendment rights weren't trampled?

most gun owners favor restirctions.... so we know that your statement to the contrary is false.

unfortunately the liberal mind is unable to differentiate anything but black and white, all or nothing, zero threshold. So the concept of diminishing return is alien to their way of thinking.

Let's wait for the story to unfold..unless you have special insight. Odd that a normal guy goes bonkers. guess your training as a liberal diminishes your curiosity, which coincidently is associated with intelligence.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:33 AM

23,520 posts, read 17,199,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Then pass legislation that makes being a human tantamount to being a dog.

Whoop...there it is.

He shot people. What do you suppose he used?
Reading comprehension not going well?

"At least he had easy access to guns and his 2nd amendment right was not trampled upon."

I questioned how 'easy access' was determined in this situation

next, I asked how the guy's 2nd ammednment rights were trampled in this situation

Then I questioned what was point that sarcastic remark.

the answer you provided is not related to any of my questions.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:38 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,440,555 times
Ahhhh, the good old CD tradition of standing on the backs of dead children to score political agenda Pokemon points.

Impressive, most impressive.

Thoughts and prayers to the deceased and their family and friends.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:43 AM

50,226 posts, read 46,975,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
shrug. "Heres your gun, please use it to defend yourself, and the country"

Im OK with that. People we admit to the country, we should feel safe enough to do this, if we don't.....then why are we admitting them?
100% agree!

Old 02-22-2016, 09:34 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,167,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, didn't your mother ever tell you to not step into the car of someone you don't know?

I used to hitch-hike in the '70s and early '80s. Me and all of my friends who did the same (we were poor white trash) carried guns. I never had to pull one or even felt threatened (most of the time I was picked up by businessmen who did work in the back seat or slept while I drove), but some of my friends did.

Never step into the car of a stranger.

What does that have to do with the 6 people killed at a restaurant and car dealership??

Story about someone shooting 8 and killing 6, and we have two pages.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:01 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,129,543 times
I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out that the women he murdered were passengers that he unsuccessfully tried to put the moves on.

Nor would I be surprised if his browsing history includes those misogynistic PUA sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies