Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2016, 12:56 AM

572 posts, read 279,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Since he didn't anticipate that the continents would absorb any water at all, his guess about what will happen in the future is worth bupkis.
When studying climate patterns that have never occurred before, mistakes are always going to be made and unforeseen events will always change things.

It doesn't mean that everything will be fine or that the long term effects will be different than anticipated. Things could just as easily be WORSE than expected.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:18 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STWR View Post
When studying climate patterns that have never occurred before, mistakes are always going to be made and unforeseen events will always change things.

It doesn't mean that everything will be fine or that the long term effects will be different than anticipated. Things could just as easily be WORSE than expected.
I asked another individual this.

What are YOUR thoughts on this 'new reality'. Not what an article, or a movement, or a particular ideology is stating. You seem to have read a lot of this new reality, so what are your thoughts and a couple of ideas on remedying the situation. It doesn't need to be detailed at this time.

Thanks.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:55 AM

5,831 posts, read 7,708,765 times
Quote:

And so it follows that things could just as easily be BETTER than expected.

Old 02-27-2016, 09:04 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,411 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMChBJZUDK8

Old 02-27-2016, 09:18 AM

799 posts, read 708,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrett View Post
To be honest, I don't care about Global Warming, Climate Change, or whatever you want to call it.

I like clean air, and I've had enough of people polluting that air with their souped up 1 ton truck belching diesel smoke so they can drive back and forth to Target.

I'd rather just stop arguing about if climate change is real/not or man-made/not, and just get down to being better stewards of what we have and stop wasting resources because of laziness and stupidity.
Very close to hitting the nail on the head here. Being good stewards of the gifts we've been given is the responsible, right thing to do, and one we should all aspire to. However, the corrupted leaders and practitioners of the eco-religion want to make that decision for you, and force you to follow their religious dogma of what a "good steward" is. (There's a bit of that in the quoted post) The eco-religion isn't about the environment, it's about power, control, and money. "Send me a million dollars so the sea doesn't rise up", or the tootsie fly doesn't go extinct, or any number of their false idols that defy logic and historical fact.

Even when they do good (cars exhaust is cleaner than what it intakes) they still want more more more, which makes the agenda obvious to anyone who actually has a brain cell they can devote to critical thinking, and not simply repeating dogma from rote. The real problem with the eco-religion is not it's existance, or even those who choose to folow it, it's that it has become co-mingled with the government (EPA, ESA, and many others), which is supposed to be kept separate in this country. It will be very hard, and take probably billions of dollars in lawyer fees to disentangle the evil tentacles of this religion in the future when people wake up and realize this religion for what it is; for some day, it will become so oppressive that even the dim will see the light. History has shown that religions running unchecked all become corrupt, and do harm to it's followers. (Yes, even the Christian religion has plenty of blood on it's hands, in spite of a pure message of love and forgiveness)

Old 02-27-2016, 09:25 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,411 times
I'd hate to see the oceans dry up.

Some people want to go to Mars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGjky5U64LM

Old 02-27-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Better than expected doesn't mean 'good'. The odds are very very slim that AGW will lead to a better world for the majority of species as well as the human race.

I think it's safe to say that the continents won't soak up water indefinitely and it's the long-term that ultimately matters. A lot of these little developments along the way are more curiosities than concrete signs of anything. It's probably a good thing that sea level rise has hit a snag... but yeah, I really doubt that 30 years on we'll be looking back on it as being relevant to anything.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Better than expected doesn't mean 'good'. The odds are very very slim that AGW will lead to a better world for the majority of species as well as the human race.

I think it's safe to say that the continents won't soak up water indefinitely and it's the long-term that ultimately matters. A lot of these little developments along the way are more curiosities than concrete signs of anything. It's probably a good thing that sea level rise has hit a snag... but yeah, I really doubt that 30 years on we'll be looking back on it as being relevant to anything.
I am hopeful that you're right because in 30 years the global warming hysteria will have been exposed as the hoax it is, as the coming collapse of so-called higher education will remove much of the monetary incentive to support all this nonsense with faked "scientific" data.

Old 02-27-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
I am hopeful that you're right because in 30 years the global warming hysteria will have been exposed as the hoax it is, as the coming collapse of so-called higher education will remove much of the monetary incentive to support all this nonsense with faked "scientific" data.
Annnnnnnd it's a conspiracy theory.

Old 02-27-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Annnnnnnd it's a conspiracy theory.
Oh, look! How incredibly scientific of you. And original. I'll bet no one's ever thought of name calling before. Now you just go back to your room and finish that scary sky-is-falling poster you've worked so hard on and your mummy will make you a nice lunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies