Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 07:11 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Suzy, I'm not going to address everything you have written here....again, you and I have touched base on this before, so I know how you feel and that's ok, but I'm going by what professionals told me in discussions....
And you have no idea how I caught staph....so, please, stop.....
Every issue we discuss is always a difference of opinion, everyone thinks differently and has totally different facts on every single subject, so, please, don't try and tell me, what again, PROFESSIONALS have discussed with me, including my own doctor....
You said, "Staff infections come from any medical facility that doesn't keep their instruments and rooms clean."

You have a knack for stating your opinions as if they are facts.

The fact is that most staph infections come from the patient's own skin, not from failure of medical facilities to keep instruments and rooms clean.

If you had a boil the day after you were in a medical office, the staph infection that caused it was already incubating before you set foot in the doctor's office. It's biology.

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 02-26-2016 at 07:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 05:46 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times
Quote:
suzy_q You said, "Staff infections come from any medical facility that doesn't keep their instruments and rooms clean."

You have a knack for stating your opinions as if they are facts.
well, yes, some of my statements are fact....some are opinion, I can't help if you read them like that?

Quote:
The fact is that most staph infections come from the patient's own skin, not from failure of medical facilities to keep instruments and rooms clean.
Well, that is not what my doctor told me, and btw, the doctor who performed the surgery, in his office, phoned me every single day to see how things were going...I believe he was really scared of a law suit. Never went back to him...why? Because they over booked and he refused to listen to me when I told him I was immune difficent, and always need to take antibiotics before any procedure.

Quote:
If you had a boil the day after you were in a medical office, the staph infection that caused it was already incubating before you set foot in the doctor's office. It's biology.
[/quote]

sorry but again, that is not what my doctor said, she freaked and told me to get into the office right away, that she would wait...I did and she immediately took a test...a day later she called me and told me to stop in the office...and BTW, she phoned that doctor and told him he should listen to his patients...staff was in his office...each and every single case is different....
Just saying.....

Old 03-01-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well, yes, some of my statements are fact....some are opinion, I can't help if you read them like that?

Well, that is not what my doctor told me, and btw, the doctor who performed the surgery, in his office, phoned me every single day to see how things were going...I believe he was really scared of a law suit. Never went back to him...why? Because they over booked and he refused to listen to me when I told him I was immune difficent, and always need to take antibiotics before any procedure.

sorry but again, that is not what my doctor said, she freaked and told me to get into the office right away, that she would wait...I did and she immediately took a test...a day later she called me and told me to stop in the office...and BTW, she phoned that doctor and told him he should listen to his patients...staff was in his office...each and every single case is different....
Just saying.....[/quote]

Did your doctor do a swab for staph from your nose? If not, you do not know whether you were (or are) a staph carrier or not.

Your doctor needs to brush up on the epidemiology of staphylococcus aureus.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:57 PM

18,801 posts, read 8,466,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
I would not trust being terminally ill in the USA; I will go to Switzerland if I become terminally ill.
Long travel could be very difficult. I almost couldn't make it back from Europe last summer, and I wasn't terminal.

Old 03-01-2016, 04:58 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,415,918 times
I wonder if hospitals save more people than they "kill"?

Old 03-01-2016, 05:24 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I wonder if hospitals save more people than they "kill"?
According to those who 'hate' American healthcare, yep.

Just like those predisposed to see police injustice... Cops cause more problems than they solve.

Notice a theme?

Old 03-01-2016, 05:35 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,483,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
According to those who 'hate' American healthcare, yep.

Just like those predisposed to see police injustice... Cops cause more problems than they solve.

Notice a theme?
If backed up by facts then there's a reason to be cautious; wouldn't you agree?

Hospital Errors are the Third Leading Cause of Death in U.S., and New Hospital Safety Scores Show Improvements Are Too Slow

and this one:

Deaths by medical mistakes hit records | Healthcare IT News

Old 03-01-2016, 05:41 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,415,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

I bet hospital deaths could never happen in Canada. :smirk:

Old 03-01-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I bet hospital deaths could never happen in Canada. :smirk:
Preventable Medical Error Is Canadian Healthcare's Silent Killer*|*Kathleen Finlay

Old 03-01-2016, 05:53 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I'll read it later however, a quick perusal, which gives high scores to Kaiser, a great network but also one completely intertwined with certain politics, raises an initial eyebrow.

Being very familiar with the majority of accreditation and watchdog agencies in healthcare, leapfrog is one I've never seen referenced by anyone, including cmms.

But in fairness, I'll read it thoroughly before commenting.

Does it happen? Yes. Have I had to provide evidence for civil action against hospitals? Yes (I don't work for hospitals).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies