Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2016, 12:41 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No. My point is Dems already did it. Therefore, Rs will do it, too. In fact, that's what the R's electorate voted them into office to do... mitigate the damage done to our country caused by Obama and the Dems.
They voted them in to obstruct Supreme Court Justices, I thought they voted in a republican congress to cut taxes and balance the budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 12:42 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They voted them in to obstruct Supreme Court Justices, I thought they voted in a republican congress to cut taxes and balance the budget.
I voted for them to obstruct and minimize the damage liberals have inflicted and continue to inflict. A crucial part of that is making sure Obama doesn't seat a third left wing nut job on the Supreme Court. Two is enough.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:42 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral Grimes View Post
Really.....I just did...... that was literally the first thing I did "Article II Section II Clause II of the Constitution "The Appointment Clause""
Where's the time schedule or time limit in "The Appointment Clause?" I don't see one.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:43 PM

17 posts, read 8,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I voted for them to obstruct and minimize the damage liberals have inflicted and continue to inflict. A crucial part of that is making sure Obama doesn't seat a third left wing nut job on the Supreme Court. Two is enough.
What damage? The entirety of the damage done to this countries infrastructure lays squarely on the shoulders of republicans and quasi democrats like Hilary Clinton.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:44 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
So what is going to be McConnell's excuse when Clinton or Sanders wins the election and is the next president? Bet he will be wishing he let a moderate like Obama make the pick.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The American electorate voted in an R Congress to mitigate any and all damage the Dems had caused. Simple enough to understand: if the country was on the right course, Dems would have retained control of both the House and Senate. They didn't. America voted them OUT.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Where's the time schedule or time limit in "The Appointment Clause?" I don't see one.
There's no time limit, and I'm not dense I understand what you're getting at. But there PURPOSEFULLY obstructing justice, maybe they should have been sneaky about it and not overtly stated "we will purposefully deny every entry" they could have just gone through the process and denied the position to every candidate Obama appointed based on their opinion of "eligibility" though we'd all know what they were doing in reality. This is wrong, period. They're clocking in and not doing their job, in every day life you'd generally get FIRED for that.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
The American electorate voted in an R Congress to mitigate any and all damage the Dems had caused. Simple enough to understand: if the country was on the right course, Dems would have retained control of both the House and Senate. They didn't. America voted them OUT.
And we're in the worst state this country has seen since the great depression. Yea they're really helping

Old 02-25-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral Grimes View Post
There's no time limit, and I'm not dense I understand what you're getting at. But there PURPOSEFULLY obstructing justice, maybe they should have been sneaky about it and not overtly stated "we will purposefully deny every entry" they could have just gone through the process and denied the position to every candidate Obama appointed based on their opinion of "eligibility" though we'd all know what they were doing in reality. This is wrong, period.
Apparently, not. Remember this?

Obama, Biden, Harry Reid, Hillary Clinton, Chuck Shumer et al voted to filibuster Alito in 2006.
  1. Joe Biden (D-DE)
  2. Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
  3. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY)
  4. Mark Dayton (D-MN)
  5. Chris Dodd (D-CT)
  6. Dick Durbin (D-IL)
  7. Russ Feingold (D-WI)
  8. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
  9. Jim Jeffords (I-VT)
  10. Ted Kennedy (D-MA)
  11. John Kerry (D-MA)
  12. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ)
  13. Patrick Leahy (D-VT)
  14. Carl Levin (D-MI)
  15. Bob Menendez (D-NJ)
  16. Barbara Mikulski (D-MD)
  17. Patty Murray (D-WA)
  18. Barack Obama (D-IL)
  19. Jack Reed (D-RI)
  20. Harry Reid (D-NV)
  21. Paul Sarbanes (D-MD)
  22. Chuck Schumer (D-NY)
  23. Debbie Stabenow (D-MI)
  24. Ron Wyden (D-OR)
http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=2&vote=00001

No need to give any reason to object to a nomination at all.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:50 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,813 times
Quote:
Apparently, not. Remember this?

Obama, Biden, Harry Reid, Hillary Clinton, Chuck Shumer et al voted to filibuster Alito in 2006.
  1. Joe Biden (D-DE)
  2. Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
  3. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY)
  4. Mark Dayton (D-MN)
  5. Chris Dodd (D-CT)
  6. Dick Durbin (D-IL)
  7. Russ Feingold (D-WI)
  8. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
  9. Jim Jeffords (I-VT)
  10. Ted Kennedy (D-MA)
  11. John Kerry (D-MA)
  12. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ)
  13. Patrick Leahy (D-VT)
  14. Carl Levin (D-MI)
  15. Bob Menendez (D-NJ)
  16. Barbara Mikulski (D-MD)
  17. Patty Murray (D-WA)
  18. Barack Obama (D-IL)
  19. Jack Reed (D-RI)
  20. Harry Reid (D-NV)
  21. Paul Sarbanes (D-MD)
  22. Chuck Schumer (D-NY)
  23. Debbie Stabenow (D-MI)
  24. Ron Wyden (D-OR)
http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=2&vote=00001

No need to give any reason to object to a nomination at all.
So did Alito get the nomination?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies