Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2016, 10:33 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
If the republicans actually follow this path it may very well do them more damage than good come November, depending on how big this issue could become.
Dream on pal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 10:33 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I believe that low rating is a carry over of the Reid and Pulosi years. Now that they are no longer a factor things are moving forward.
Next year we'll have an R President and all of Obama's EO's will be eliminated.

How can anyone argue with Senators Obama and Biden that there should not be a confirmation during the election year? Not me.

Yeah that must be it, 2-4 year carryover LOL, but it's nice that the GOP is finally listening to Obama and Biden.

Do you understand the difference between hyperbole and taking action. What Grassley just did isn't just rhetoric it is a concrete action.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:39 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Boehner disagrees with you:

"Back in 2013, Democrats, and even a few Republicans had started calling the senator from Texas “Speaker Cruz.”
Boehner had another name for Cruz at a recent gathering in Steamboat Spring, Colo.: “jackass.” Sunday, on CBS’s Face the Nation, he added yet another: “false prophet.”
“The Bible says, beware of false prophets,” Boehner said. “And there are people out there spreading noise about how much can get done. I mean, this whole idea that we were going to shut down the government to get rid of Obamacare in 2013, this plan never had chance."
Yeah, because the shutdown didn't happen over Obamacare, it happened because Obama and the Dems wanted to go back on Obama's own Sequester.

HuffPo: Government Shutdown Negotiations Stuck On Sequestration

Old 02-24-2016, 10:40 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,244,588 times
Everyone in DC should shut up until the time comes when the person is named by the Liar in Chief. Then speak out! We have no idea who he will nominate; although, the could get great odds on it being an extreme liberal. So they all need to step back and wait and see.

I have read a few articles that Mike Lee was named as a possible nominee. Would the republicans come out against Lee? One of the most conservative Senators in the Senate? I doubt it. I also believe that the chance Lee is nominated is about as likely as Obama nominating Ted Cruz!

So just wait and see....

Old 02-24-2016, 10:43 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
The edited one is, but luckily, the entire video is exposing the hypocrisy of the GOP once again.

Why do people who don't believe in the constitution try to convince people that they are "conservatives". Just mind blowing. If there were true conservatives in the GOP (Anywhere!!!!) then they'd probably be take seriously, rather than being the joke they are.

Too bad too, because I'd vote for a fiscal conservative from either party, if either party would serve one up.

I am more and more discouraged by the prospect of voting this year. We are down to five viable candidates (Trump, Cruz, Rubio, Clinton and Sanders, in no particular order) and I can't imagine voting for any of them, yet I'll vote...

Not going to link to Stink Progress again?

Old 02-24-2016, 10:49 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Everyone in DC should shut up until the time comes when the person is named by the Liar in Chief. Then speak out! We have no idea who he will nominate; although, the could get great odds on it being an extreme liberal. So they all need to step back and wait and see.

I have read a few articles that Mike Lee was named as a possible nominee. Would the republicans come out against Lee? One of the most conservative Senators in the Senate? I doubt it. I also believe that the chance Lee is nominated is about as likely as Obama nominating Ted Cruz!

So just wait and see....

Well.................... I guess the nominee does not matter, as they are not going to vote.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:51 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,474,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Given the nation's sentiment, it's a good move...

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Direction of Country
Yes, I agree. The only ones that see it as a bad move are the ones that want a Liberal judge appointed. Ain't gonna happen until we have a new President! and since the Republicans have finally displayed some semblance of a backbone, I'll vote straight Republican this November. A Republican House, Senate and Trump as President means that we will actually get something done! Make America Great Again!! Trump 2016

Old 02-25-2016, 06:06 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Of course they were. Anyone who made it all the way trough kindergarten knows that the "they did it first" brand of politics is wrong, no matter which party they're in. It doesn't matter that Biden thought it was a good idea; he's an idiot and he was wrong, just as McConnell is wrong now.

This business of putting party affiliations and grudges between the two parties ahead of the interests of the American people is what voters are sick and tired of, and it's the single biggest reason most Americans are completely fed up and disgusted with all politicians. Most of them aren't going to remember what Biden said in a different election cycle; in the fall of 2016 all they're going to care about is that during this election cycle it's the republicans who are putting the party first and the country second; the republicans who are not doing their jobs; the republicans who are more interested in hurting democrats than helping the citizens.

Y'all want that? Go ahead, then - wear it. Own it. And live with the consequences, which - considering that the democrats are much smarter and better at managing information and getting out the message they want to get across - could very easily cost y'all both the Senate and the White House in what is predicted to be a very close race to begin with.
It is called, "following precedent".

Why is it that EVER TIME the dems do something like there is NO media outrage, the dem voters are silent,

Then when the repubs do EXACTLY the same thing, you would think the world was coming to an end.

All your accusations are baseless.

Back them up with the words from the Constitution.

There is NOTHING wrong with what they are dong or NOT doing.

Old 02-25-2016, 06:11 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
It is called, "following precedent".

Why is it that EVER TIME the dems do something like there is NO media outrage, the dem voters are silent,

Then when the repubs do EXACTLY the same thing, you would think the world was coming to an end.

All your accusations are baseless.

Back them up with the words from the Constitution.

There is NOTHING wrong with what they are dong or NOT doing.
No one is claiming this is against the constitution, I don't know why that is continually brought up but it is against commons sense.

This is not EXACTLY the same thing the democrats have done in the past, there is no precedent for refusing to hear on any nominee for a year.

Old 02-25-2016, 06:13 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Good of you to actually skip all of the content in the actual post.

I don't have a horse in this race, but if you think that there won't be a backlash for failure to at least bring a vote to consideration, you are mistaken.

Once the flurry of the primary season is done, the focus of all those SuperPACs is going to turn, and this is going to get beaten like a drum.

It will be quotes of Republicans going "respect the Constitution" clips followed by the Senate Republicans failing to respect the Constitution when they feel it's not to their advantage.

I don't want another liberal, I think the majority of people don't want a liberal or conservative. They want the best possible candidate to represent the ENTIRE nation, not just a slice of it.
"I don't have a horse in this race," B.S You're an American citizen, aren't you?

" but if you think that there won't be a backlash for failure to at least bring a vote to consideration, you are mistaken."

Did it hurt the dems when THEY said the same thing?

Like I showed several time before. It took a DEM CONTROLLED Senate Judiciary Committee 16 MONTHS to vote on Esstrada.

I don't recall all the gloom and doom expressed back then.

Did the dems suffer ANY repercussions from that? NO!

You admit being a liberal. Did you STOP supporting ANY dem when THEY acted as they did? I doubt it.

The sanctimonious expressions are as shallow as a dried up creek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies