Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2022, 05:51 PM

88,570 posts, read 84,777,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Hitting too close to home, I think. It's hard for pro abortioners to admit that, yes, abortions kill babies, and that is exactly what the mother wants. She wants the baby dead. So she gets the abortion.

And there is nothing amusing about that. At all.
Hitting too close to home? How so?

Basically it seems to me that what you are saying here is "I haven't actually read any of your posts, MQ",

Old 04-10-2022, 05:51 PM

101 posts, read 29,559 times
Quote:
Do YOU understand that if a woman has sex, there is a chance she could get pregnant? I hope so.

Or are you stating that women in general are too stupid to understand that?

If I drive my car, there is a chance I might get into a car accident. I understand that. And I have insurance in case it happens. Because I am a responsible individual.

Any sexually active woman should know that she could get pregnant and should prepare to avoid pregnancy if she does not want to become pregnant.

If hothulamaui thinks women are too stupid to understand that having sex means a woman could get pregnant, that's unfortunate. She is truly uninformed. /shrug/

Every abortion thread just shows how many people think women are just complete and utter morons. They are beyond insulting. That they literally cannot understand that sex? Makes BABIES.
Sex can make babies...but people are people. They're not perfect. I think we should be focusing what will-to-do-good on more important things than not having sex. I, for example, would much prefer if someone had lots of sex and had lots of abortions but spent their time volunteering to help starving African children over someone who did not help the starving African children, but was lifelong celibate.

There should be nothing you see as "insulting" about emphasizing that choosing to have sex does not mean choosing to get pregnant. That's just a simple fact.

Obviously, everyone on the planet understands that sex can make babies. Please stop straw-manning people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2022, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Go argue with the other agitator. I'm out.

newbie poster who I recognize ... did you get banned?
If you keep responding...I'm going to keep responding to your posts.

Old 04-10-2022, 05:53 PM

2,612 posts, read 929,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Do you know the difference between a fetus and a baby?
Its more politically correct to kill a fetus?

Old 04-10-2022, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
Actually, one reason why I would like it to be legal to euthanize infants after birth in certain circumstances is because I wonder if that could be done with less suffering to them than before birth.

That said, given how "My personal freedoms are everything" our society is...except for the vegan communists I don't think there is much of a strong argument from anyone for limiting abortion that doesn't involve a great deal of hypocrisy.

We either greatly care about individual rights, or not, and either way I can think of lots more ways to achieve a "greater good" than limiting abortion.

I apologize if I've stated that to you before. Remembering what I've typed, and to whom, is getting confusing.

Old 04-10-2022, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintnon View Post
Actually, one reason why I would like it to be legal to euthanize infants after birth in certain circumstances is because I wonder if that could be done with less suffering to them than before birth.

That said, given how "My personal freedoms are everything" our society is...except for the vegan communists I don't think there is much of a strong argument from anyone for limiting abortion that doesn't involve a great deal of hypocrisy.

We either greatly care about individual rights, or not, and either way I can think of lots more ways to achieve a "greater good" than limiting abortion.

I apologize if I've stated that to you before. Remembering what I've typed, and to whom, is getting confusing.
I am surprised that you are such an active contributor to this thread.

Old 04-10-2022, 06:00 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Couldn’t care about political correctness. Most abortions happen at the fetal stage. A fetus isn’t a fully formed baby.

Old 04-10-2022, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Couldn’t care about political correctness. Most abortions happen at the fetal stage. A fetus isn’t a fully formed baby.
Sure and a child isnt a fully formed adult.

Old 04-10-2022, 06:03 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Sure and a child isnt a fully formed adult.
A child born isn’t dependent on a woman’s womb to survive. Anyone that wants the job of a parent can take care of a child already born.

Old 04-10-2022, 06:03 PM

Quote:
I am surprised that you are such an active contributor to this thread.
I'm the one who revived it. I'd originally thought it was a new one, because I didn't look at it enough.

This is kind of a passion of mine though. I probably spent about 30 hours arguing on Youtube after the Texas abortion ban passed. I am of the opinion that discussion is the best way I can improve society...and that society desperately needs to discuss this topic more, in detail. I think at least half of society's views of this topic are incorrect to the point of being dangerous. I very much don't want what happened in Texas to happen anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies