Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 07:45 PM

10,189 posts, read 7,916,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Freedom & liberties are scary.
Only the strong will survive it.

They already have places custom made for those that cannot be trusted to be free, with liberties.
It is called, the UK.
I will pay to get you there.

I will gladly chip in to help send him there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 07:58 PM

19,666 posts, read 9,985,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I will gladly chip in to help send him there.
He would be afraid of the knives there. They average about 59,000 stabbings a year.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:10 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,278,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

20 yr old grandson just beat his grandparents to death with a baseball bat while they were in bed. Think what would have happened if he had a gun!!!

A baseball bat is not that effective for a massacre. You are making my point! The issue is to ban weapons that can cause a lot of damage in a very short time.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
So let me make sure I understand this... you're telling us that people who do not have guns are less likely to use guns than people who do have guns.
Bingo!!!!!!!! We have a winner.

Mentally unstable gun lovers use their guns when they go nuts.

Mentally unstable folks that are not into the gun culture do not do massacres because they do not know how to handle a gun.

Here is a gun lover that went postal:

Old 02-23-2016, 08:17 PM

10,189 posts, read 7,916,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
A baseball bat is not that effective for a massacre. You are making my point! The issue is to ban weapons that can cause a lot of damage in a very short time.

Perhaps you would be happier in a country where they are as willing to take your rights away as you are to give them up. It is not the American way to give up rights Your arguments are silly.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:39 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,533,414 times
Quote:
The issue is the mental illness. And anyone can have a mental illness.
Yes, they absolutely can. Beyond a shadow of a doubt. You have really driven that point home.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:44 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,330,074 times
Quote:
The issue is that you CAN NOT BAN GUNS, period end of story. Even if you somehow managed to legally do it you will NEVER get them out of the hands of criminals. Liberals seem completely incapable of accepting that criminals don't follow laws.

A baseball bat is not that effective for stopping a massacre, but armed civilians are.

12 Times Mass Shootings Were Stopped by Good Guys With Guns
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ass-shootings/

Old 02-23-2016, 08:46 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,350,508 times
Quote:
The issue is the mental illness. And anyone can have a mental illness.

However, when a gun enthusiast develops mental illness he may have a proclivity to use the guns he loves. In other words the gun culture plays a role in the abnormal mind of people with mental illness. That is why I always pray a gun lover does not develop mental illness.

When was the last time you saw a non-gunlover go postal? When they go nuts they may do crazy things, but generally they do not have the firepower to do a lot a harm since they may not even know how to handle a pistol or a rifle.
Where have you been? You need a few days straight of Breaking Bad.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Perhaps you would be happier in a country where they are as willing to take your rights away as you are to give them up. It is not the American way to give up rights Your arguments are silly.
I am not proposing to take your rights away. I am simply stating that some weapons are only useful for killing a lot of people in a very short amount of time. And those weapons should be banned. Otherwise, you can have a 1000 guns, no problems.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:56 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,350,508 times
Quote:
I am not proposing to take your rights away. I am simply stating that some weapons are only useful for killing a lot of people in a very short amount of time. And those weapons should be banned. Otherwise, you can have a 1000 guns, no problems.

You could kill everyone in a grocery store in a matter of minutes if you knew what you were doing. You wouldn't even have to bring anything with you. Should we ban grocery stores? Those things needed to do that dirty deed? People?

That's it, isn't it. It's the people thing that bothers you. They are so freaking unpredictable, aren't they? That's what's been causing all these problems all these years? Freaking people. And it was right there in front of my face the whole time. If we'd do away with people all of of society's problems would be solved!

Where's my Nobel prize?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies