Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 11:23 PM

50,796 posts, read 24,297,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Considering that virtually every movie and TV show casts an African American as the most brilliant scientist, the most respected and awarded STEM professor, the all-knowing engineer, the wise-but-benevolent leader, the streetwise genius, etc., I am amazed that anyone can think the entertainment industry is not fighting racism hard enough.

You'd have to be masochistic workaholic that hates having any money in the bank, to think there is any privilege associated with being white in today's economy.
You certainly don't watch much television or go to many movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 12:05 AM

58 posts, read 43,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You dont think these people have experienced racism ???
They're lazy and blame all of their problems on others.

Unfortunately, this type of thinking is encouraged in our society.

Old 02-29-2016, 12:57 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
So what is your definition of "black culture'?
I would answer that but the shrieks of racism would be impressive.

Not that I give a crap what other people think.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:33 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
So what is your definition of "black culture'?

If you see black people doing something that white people wouldn`t do, that is black culture.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:59 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Well, since YOU don't care that whites are discriminated against, why should I care that NON-whites are discriminated against?

I guess I DON'T care that non-whites are discriminated against!

Next!
& these are your battle scars?

I have no magical cures.

Dechalet, heal thyself.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:01 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If you see black people doing something that white people wouldn`t do, that is black culture.
Agreed. Answering that question could be a healthy start in having an honest discussion.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:21 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,587,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Eliminating the police force, who do you think should do the protecting? When the government tells a person they can't get ahead without them helping them, then you have welfare. I remember not to long ago white young women were having babies as a fad. Most had to turn to welfare due to being only 15-17........the government never said anything just kept paying for unwanted children, those young women tend to forget the baby is not a doll, it actually grows up.

Why do you feel Americans are racist against blacks? Examples would greatly help.

Should I ask Beyoncé? Seems more people support her and agree with her viewpoint, yet she probably has no idea about society being against her........she most likely has no idea what it is like to go without food, or shelter.

Doesn't seem Muslim Brotherhood is the answer for those trying to get ahead, but Beyoncé is telling others differently. If the BLM is a small group, I wonder why Beyoncé chose to stand with these people over blacks wanting to get ahead in America, like she has. It's like Madonna joining the KKK!
No I don't think you should ask Beyonce. I personally don't think any person should speak for the entire black race. I've always told black people that we need to get away from "black leadership" altogether. The whole concept of a black leader is just antiquated. We need to start branching out and embracing individualism more.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:20 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,898,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On this, none of them are qualified. All politicians are liars and do nothing for nobody except for those that fill their pockets. I am a black person and I am well aware of this. I do vote though, usually for the one I can stomach the most, but I know they are all liars.

What is amazing to me is that people like you (and not being insulting) actually think some politician is promising black people "things" or "stuff" and that we are stupid enough to fall for it. Black Americans, like the majority of Americans know that politicians are liars. We are not stupid.

Also a Republican is not going to do anything for me as a black person, just like a Democrat isn't. No politician has ever given me anything and I don't believe they ever will. And FWIW, I am a very well paid, college educated black person, one of the ones who actually vote. Those who are poor and who you think are falling for promises of "stuff" and "things" don't vote and so all of the questions about why "blacks" vote a certain way and the conclusions that we are doing it for "things" or "promises" because we are poor and want welfare, is pretty silly and ludicrous.

I will also add that as an Independent, I usually don't vote for a GOP candidate in a presidential election because too many conservatives espouse idiotic, biased ideas about me as a black person, like believing I am getting "stuff" or that I want "welfare" or that I need to "work hard" (even though I am well paid and have a great career). I won't align myself with people who overtly ridicule me based solely on my skin color. Me being well paid and college educated as a black person is not unique and is rather commonplace and you all don't seem to recognize this and so you won't get my support. Come out of 1980s racial politics and maybe you will (and FWIW, I have voted for GOP candidates at the local level, local politicians don't have to lower their standards and cow-tow to the racist part of the party as much as the national candidates have to do).
I never said anything about free stuff, welfare or free things. I don't know why you mentioned those things.

I was talking about how politicians promise that will will change how things work, which they promise will change things for the better for certain groups of people. Free stuff, things, welfare, etc has nothing to do with it.

I am a NPA voter. I vote both sides of the isle, as well as third party. I realize that people have to pick a party to run in and that does not mean they believe 100% of what the party's platform is. I look at the individual and make my choice based on that. Party identification means absolutely zero to me, as I think it is a stupid way to vote. My question is why do people continue to vote the same way and expect different results? Why not stop listening to party propoganda on both sides and look at the candidate as an individual, instead?

Last edited by The Villages Guy; 02-29-2016 at 08:29 AM..

Old 02-29-2016, 08:27 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Well, since YOU don't care that whites are discriminated against, why should I care that NON-whites are discriminated against?

I guess I DON'T care that non-whites are discriminated against!

Next!
Would you rather be non-white? Why or why not? How would that change your life?

Old 02-29-2016, 09:45 AM

7 posts, read 4,853 times
I'm Canadian but I want to say this, if Americsns are so racist why did they elect a black president? The majority votes had to come from somewhere to get him in and it was more than likely white people. Americsns are no more racist than us Canadians
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies