Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 05:37 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
Ted Cruz likes to boast that he is one of the few authentic conservatives in politics and I would agree. A conservative is a bigoted, reactionary, fear mongering fundamentalist Christian nutjob that would like to take us back in time and change our country into a theocracy.

I'm a non religious Conservative and would want no part of a theocracy....

Stereotype fail.

Old 02-25-2016, 05:50 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
And despite any number of inquiries among our learned opponents over there in Left Field:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...rm-neocon.html

None of the opposition has ever been able to produce a definition of exactly what constitutes a set of "neocon" beliefs. All they can agree upon is that they don't like them, and they're afraid of them. Hence, the constant blather over the emergence of Donald Trump.

They may be about to find out. Trump has relatively little experience in the field of realpolitik, and if elected, his plans will likely run up against economic and demographic realities in short order. But his authoritarian stance is largely for show, as opposed to the real power-grab in the disguise of Political Correctness.

"Remember, power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" (John Dahlberg - Lord Acton)

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 02-25-2016 at 05:59 PM..

Old 02-25-2016, 06:09 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
^ This.

What conservatism means to me:

Live within your means, work for what you want instead of expecting it to be handed to you.

Follow the constitution and honor states rights.....

........and leave people the Hell alone.
Does the word hypocrite mean anything to you?

Can you at least understand why my boyfriend and I (we're both dudes) are afraid for our livelihoods if conservatives ever take over completely?

Conservatives like yourself keep spouting the "leave other people alone" and yet history is full of examples of you guys collectively coming up with new ways to not leave other people alone. You went as far as coming up with anti-sodomy laws that were finally struck down by the US Supreme Court in 2003. Yes, in the 21st century.

So, please, spare us the "leave people the hell alone" BS. You conservatives always look for a reason to not leave us the hell alone.

Old 02-25-2016, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post

Can you at least understand why my boyfriend and I (we're both dudes) are afraid for our livelihoods if conservatives ever take over completely?

Conservatives like yourself keep spouting the "leave other people alone" and yet history is full of examples of you guys collectively coming up with new ways to not leave other people alone. You went as far as coming up with anti-sodomy laws that were finally struck down by the US Supreme Court in 2003. Yes, in the 21st century.

So, please, spare us the "leave people the hell alone" BS. You conservatives always look for a reason to not leave us the hell alone.

I'm all in favor of leaving you alone -- but would expect you to show similar respect for a baker, bridal salon operator, or invitation printer who, of their own free will, opted out of participating in a same-sex wedding for religious reasons.

And I'm sure you've already been indoctrinated to spout back that they're "a business with a duty to serve the public." Any grain of truth to that went through the horse a long time ago.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 02-25-2016 at 06:49 PM..

Old 02-25-2016, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
I'm all in favor of leaving you alone -- but would expect you to show similar respect for a baker, bridal salon operator, or invitation printer who, of their own free will, opted outof participating n a same-sex wedding for religious reasons.

And I'm sure you've already been indoctrinated to spout back that they're "a business with a duty to serve the public." Any grain of truth to that went through the horse a long time ago.
You're all in favor of leaving us alone? Did you ever speak out against anti-sodomy laws? Fun fact: GWB was a strong and vocal supporter of anti-sodomy laws before he became president.

Admit it, you're lying through your teeth every time you try to tell us you want to leave us alone.

Old 02-25-2016, 06:37 PM

17,355 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:

Stop it.

First, stop the hysterics about being afraid for your livelihoods.

And second, stop the "you conservatives" talk. But then again, you gays are always so dramatic.

Old 02-25-2016, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Stop it.

First, stop the hysterics about being afraid for your livelihoods.

And second, stop the "you conservatives" talk. But then again, you gays are always so dramatic.
Rewriting history is another conservative trait, apparently. Do you deny that anti-sodomy laws were put into place and were only struck down by the supreme court in the 21st century?

Not hysterical at all. Look what happened in Russia.

Leave other people alone my ass.

Old 02-25-2016, 06:41 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,737,277 times
Quote:

Chalk up another thread to 'mean people suck'. Lol

Pointing out the obviousness of the post belies the point and will fall on deaf ears. 'Hate' only is displayed in one direction if I get the gist? From the 'right' to the 'left'.

Old 02-25-2016, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Chalk up another thread to 'mean people suck'. Lol

Pointing out the obviousness of the post belies the point and will fall on deaf ears. 'Hate' only is displayed in one direction if I get the gist? From the 'right' to the 'left'.
I pointed out that conservatives passed anti-sodomy laws. Can you come up with an example where gays passed a law that oppressed conservatives?

Conservatives fought tooth and nail to keep these archaic laws in the books. And when they were struck down, apparently god was going to rain down fire and brimstone...

Old 02-25-2016, 06:44 PM

Quote:
You're all in favor of leaving us alone? Did you ever speak out against anti-sodomy laws? Fun fact: GWB was a strong and vocal supporter of anti-sodomy laws before he became president.

Admit it, you're lying through your teeth every time you try to tell us you want to leave us alone.

I repeat, as a libertarian rather than a traditionalist, I take a laissez-faire attitude on social issues such as sexuality, marijuana, and censorship. And while it's not a subject upon which I get regular exposure, I am aware of some libertarians who are LGB. If you and your crowd want to sell your future to Barry-O and his Chicago gangsters for political penny-candy and a small cabin on the Great Federal Plantation (where you will likely still be thirty years from now), it's your privilege to do so.

If such a thing as a "libertarian Democrat" were ever to emerge, I'd be willing to listen. But it can't happen -- because the entire focus of that collection of failures and misfits is built upon the premise of "something, for everyone, for nothing, on someone else's back". And that is the biggest, and most blatant lie of them all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies