Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2016, 01:23 PM

51,138 posts, read 24,617,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Would anyone really be surprised that a liberal would commit ID theft and subsequently voter fraud?
Except the OP is a conservative admitting it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 01:23 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,368,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslow View Post
Here are a few things about me"

I am a republican

I am always off work on tuesdays.

I know quite a few liberals, and where they live.

I live in a State where you need no ID to vote, but only need state your name and address.

So let me tell you a little about how my day, hypothetically, could go on election day 2016.

4am, I get up, shower, then go to my address book and sit in front of the computer. I make a list of about ten liberals, whose addresses I know, who I know full well would never get up at the crack of dawn.

5am. I begin to type in the addresses of these liberals into the "find my polling place" section of the website of my State's department of elections, revealing which school they would vote at. I make a list of each liberal's name and address under their polling place, so I can memorize it in my car in the parking lot of each polling place.

6am-8am. I go school to school, each time reciting the name and address of each liberal acquaintance I am posing as. Remember, I know them well enough to know there is no chance of them having risen out of bed yet, and the early bird gets the worm.

And polling place after polling place, I am voting, well, hopefully for Rubio, but probably for Trump.

8:15am. I finish the morning rounds by showing up at my polling place and voting as my true self.

8:30am. I stop at the McDonalds, where many liberals who HAVE gotten up this early, work. I order myself a big ol' greasy breakfast, I've earned it after all.

8:40am. Home, sit on my couch, turn on MSNBC, where the subject of voter ID laws are being debated, and they are saying that voter fraud never happens.

8:41am. I spit coffee out of my mouth laughing like a maniac. Damnit, I just had that carpet cleaned.

Sometime around noon: *Liberal acquaintances stomping their feet whining like a five year old* BUT I TELL YOU I HAVEN'T VOTED YET! I HAVEN'T I HAVEN'T I HAVEN'T!"

Poll worker: "Okay, our records say you have, and that vote has already been tallied, nothing we can do about that. But since you insist, as per our state's laws, we can allow you to vote a provisional ballot. These will be set aside and counted ONLY if the outcome is a small enough margin to which the provisional ballots could mathematically change said outcome, but I gotta level with you, that's fairly unlikely. Oh, and in this case, we DO need to see a photo ID."

.................................................. .................................................. ..................................

Now, tell me liberals, if my State, a swing state by the way, had as of yet adopted voter ID laws, then how could I do this?

And the bigger question: Are YOU one of my liberal acquaintances?
Everybody knows the now defunct ACORN (but I understand it has just reformed under a new name) is a master at voter fraud, and has been engaging in it for many years. They get bused around from polling place to polling place, voting multiple times using names of dead people and other nefarious methods. This is how they managed to 'win' Ohio for Obama, turning Ohio from red to blue.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Well then maybe we need to have a United States US Citizen ID Card that we all carry around to prove that we are in fact US Citizens. Or is that too much government control for you?
I am very much in favor of that. (gasp)

Old 02-27-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
I'm not sure about every state, but the 4 states I have resided in, KY, OH, MI, NV, it was a fineable offense to be asked to produce picture identification and not have it....
I'm not saying you're lying, but can you give some evidence of that (those) law(s)?

Old 02-27-2016, 01:32 PM

89,446 posts, read 45,139,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Except the OP is a conservative admitting it.
The OP said it was possible. And ridiculously easy to do. Shouldn't we prevent that?

Old 02-27-2016, 01:38 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,423,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Everybody knows the now defunct ACORN (but I understand it has just reformed under a new name) is a master at voter fraud, and has been engaging in it for many years. They get bused around from polling place to polling place, voting multiple times using names of dead people and other nefarious methods. This is how they managed to 'win' Ohio for Obama, turning Ohio from red to blue.
Completely untrue story well debunked over the years...

• Neither ACORN nor its employees have been found guilty of, or even charged with, casting fraudulent votes. What a McCain-Palin Web ad calls "voter fraud" is actually voter registration fraud. Several ACORN canvassers have been found guilty of faking registration forms and others are being investigated. But the evidence that has surfaced so far shows they faked forms to get paid for work they didn’t do, not to stuff ballot boxes.
ACORN Accusations

Old 02-27-2016, 01:49 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,751,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm not saying you're lying, but can you give some evidence of that (those) law(s)?
It's the stop and identify law. I can look for the krs statute. I won't on the other states as its been years since I lived there.

There has to be suspicion of 'something', meaning it can't be a random stop walking down the road (vs road blocks which have been ruled constitutional and operating a mv requires carrying a dl).

The statement is not meant to convey this is a police state... It's more cya for enforcement around reasonable search and seizure. If memory serves, the krs blends 5 different 'what ifs' and self identification. One does NOT have to produce Id not answer who they are... But if arrested, court can fine if the rest is thrown out.

Ko lender vs Lawson may have had ky rewrite that statute since I was charged with it at derby, albeit 21 years ago (and dismissed in court).

Old 02-27-2016, 01:50 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,292,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Nah..I'm fine with everyone "trusting" people to only check "yes" if they really are a citizen.
This country will get what they deserve for doing it. Not like there's anything I can do as I don't run the government.

In one case in North Texas an illegal woman registered in 2004 and voted for 10 years before getting caught. She got a little too bold and tried to vote twice and got caught.

The only time the USG is strict about citizenship is when you want to work for them.
And where is this woman now? You can't stop all crime from happening, people who commit crimes usually get caught committing them. Plus the bigger issue with voter fraud isn't the in person voter fraud.....also, was this woman who was voting illegally impersonating someone else when she would vote? Did she have a photo ID that had her picture on it?

Old 02-27-2016, 01:55 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,597,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslow View Post
Here are a few things about me"

I am a republican

I am always off work on tuesdays.

I know quite a few liberals, and where they live.

I live in a State where you need no ID to vote, but only need state your name and address.

So let me tell you a little about how my day, hypothetically, could go on election day 2016.

4am, I get up, shower, then go to my address book and sit in front of the computer. I make a list of about ten liberals, whose addresses I know, who I know full well would never get up at the crack of dawn.

5am. I begin to type in the addresses of these liberals into the "find my polling place" section of the website of my State's department of elections, revealing which school they would vote at. I make a list of each liberal's name and address under their polling place, so I can memorize it in my car in the parking lot of each polling place.

6am-8am. I go school to school, each time reciting the name and address of each liberal acquaintance I am posing as. Remember, I know them well enough to know there is no chance of them having risen out of bed yet, and the early bird gets the worm.

And polling place after polling place, I am voting, well, hopefully for Rubio, but probably for Trump.

8:15am. I finish the morning rounds by showing up at my polling place and voting as my true self.

8:30am. I stop at the McDonalds, where many liberals who HAVE gotten up this early, work. I order myself a big ol' greasy breakfast, I've earned it after all.

8:40am. Home, sit on my couch, turn on MSNBC, where the subject of voter ID laws are being debated, and they are saying that voter fraud never happens.

8:41am. I spit coffee out of my mouth laughing like a maniac. Damnit, I just had that carpet cleaned.

Sometime around noon: *Liberal acquaintances stomping their feet whining like a five year old* BUT I TELL YOU I HAVEN'T VOTED YET! I HAVEN'T I HAVEN'T I HAVEN'T!"

Poll worker: "Okay, our records say you have, and that vote has already been tallied, nothing we can do about that. But since you insist, as per our state's laws, we can allow you to vote a provisional ballot. These will be set aside and counted ONLY if the outcome is a small enough margin to which the provisional ballots could mathematically change said outcome, but I gotta level with you, that's fairly unlikely. Oh, and in this case, we DO need to see a photo ID."

.................................................. .................................................. ..................................

Now, tell me liberals, if my State, a swing state by the way, had as of yet adopted voter ID laws, then how could I do this?

And the bigger question: Are YOU one of my liberal acquaintances?
You have really thought this one out.

Perhaps the Democrats can hire you as a voting consultant. I imagine if the salary is right you would do because as a Republican you know the value of money.

Old 02-27-2016, 02:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,686,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
And where is this woman now? You can't stop all crime from happening, people who commit crimes usually get caught committing them. Plus the bigger issue with voter fraud isn't the in person voter fraud.....also, was this woman who was voting illegally impersonating someone else when she would vote? Did she have a photo ID that had her picture on it?
The courts only let Texas ask for ID last year. Remember Holder wouldn't let us implement it because of when the Civil War ended Texas had some restriction ?

She got caught in 2014.
And she registered. To register all you need to do is check a box "yes".
Go online and check the applications. Go to the PO and look a the post card to register.
None ask for you to show up somewhere to prove you are a citizen. They take your word for it.

She didn't impersonate anyone. She registered to vote. It got approved.
She voted for 10 years with no problem.

I found an article on this:

Non-U.S. Citizen Indicted For Voter Fraud In North Texas « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
The indictment details that Ortega, who is not a citizen and therefore not legally eligible to vote, fraudulently registered to vote in Dallas County by claiming to be a U.S. citizen.

Ortega later twice attempted to register to vote in Tarrant County, however her applications were rejected by the Tarrant County Elections Office.

Dallas County records show that Ortega has voted in multiple elections in that county, starting in 2004, and most recently in the 2014 Republican primary runoff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies