Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2016, 10:49 PM

56,990 posts, read 35,095,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
As if the reason why blacks don't finish STEM degrees in high numbers is that "they're being steered" away. Does anybody actually believe that?
I don't know about "steered away."

All I know is that from what I see, they aren't naturally inclined towards it from the get go because the image of black success is ingrained in us as a person in business, law, medicine, military, public administration, clergy, education...we don't think "tech" because that's never been a historical path to success with us. Black folks stick to what they know.

It's that simple. There shouldn't be a big argument over it. It is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 10:54 PM

1,329 posts, read 828,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I wonder if non Asian minorities ( blacks, Hispanics and women regardless of race or ethnicity) are into games to the extent white boys/men are. My sense is that gaming is gaining traction with white women but not nearly to the extent that it captures male attention.

Hispanic kids spend more time per week than white kids playing video games. But I suspect many black and hispanic kids are playing on gaming consoles, which doesn't have much to do with computer literacy.

Last edited by DT113876; 02-29-2016 at 11:06 PM..

Old 02-29-2016, 11:33 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,769,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Yeah but it would be good if we had a few Black people doing what Steve Jobs and Bill Gates have done. I'd like to see some Blacks inventing and producing some tech products.
Black Founders - programs and events for startup entrepreneurs

Old 02-29-2016, 11:51 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,413,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You don't think we all know that STEM isn't for the overwhelming majority of whites?
It's not for most whites, and apparently not for any blacks except maybe three or four.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
It's not for most whites, and apparently not for any blacks except maybe three or four.
Lol...you can't insult me or make me feel bad. I have a firm grasp on the issue.

After all, whites have come on this thread and said themselves that whites are being run out of Tech. Maybe the inference is that y'all aren't cutting the mustard either.

So really, you should try someone else whose feelings you can actually hurt. Mine are impervious.

Old 03-01-2016, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Lol...you can't insult me or make me feel bad. I have a firm grasp on the issue.

After all, whites have come on this thread and said themselves that whites are being run out of Tech. Maybe the inference is that y'all aren't cutting the mustard either.

So really, you should try someone else whose feelings you can actually hurt. Mine are impervious.
You started the insult-fest.

And that's fine with me. I don't care.

Whites created most of civilization.

They don't have to worry about "not cutting the mustard."

Old 03-01-2016, 01:46 AM

Quote:
You started the insult-fest.

And that's fine with me. I don't care.

Whites created most of civilization.

They don't have to worry about "not cutting the mustard."
What part of civilization did YOU create?

Tell us oh great one.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:22 AM

Quote:
What part of civilization did YOU create?

Tell us oh great one.
My brilliance will never be known to you -- unless we have a few double-whiskies together.

Then, not only will my brilliance be known to you, but your brilliance will be known to me.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:27 AM

Quote:
My brilliance will never be known to you -- unless we have a few double-whiskies together.

Then, not only will my brilliance be known to you, but your brilliance will be known to me.
Ahhhhh....finally, some truth.

A janitor when sober, a brilliant genius when drunk.

Yeah, I know the type.

Old 03-01-2016, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Ahhhhh....finally, some truth.

A janitor when sober, a brilliant genius when drunk.

Yeah, I know the type.
No, I'm brilliant all the time.

You're only brilliant when I'm drunk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies