Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2016, 06:39 PM

26,219 posts, read 14,831,102 times

Advertisements

"It would be illegal for anyone to store classified information in an unauthorized way, like, say, on an unauthorized personal email server." -NPR

Was there classified info on Hillary's server? Yes. Is that against the law? Yes.

Did Hillary send/receive classified info via her private email using foreign telecom companies in an unsecured manner. Yes. Is this legal? No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2016, 06:51 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,731,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
"It would be illegal for anyone to store classified information in an unauthorized way, like, say, on an unauthorized personal email server." -NPR

Was there classified info on Hillary's server? Yes. Is that against the law? Yes.

Did Hillary send/receive classified info via her private email using foreign telecom companies in an unsecured manner. Yes. Is this legal? No.
The Secretary of State is not anyone. The holder of that office has significant control over what is or is not classified. Comes with the job.

If Clinton asserts there was no classified material on her server she is correct by definition.

Sorry but it is well within her authority.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:01 PM

4,797 posts, read 3,477,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You're accusing the president of withholding evidence. That's a felony. So, start the impeachment proceedings. Your side owns both the house and the senate. Do it.

So, dear FBI/GOP "investigators"...

Go out and find the evidence you keep saying is out there. That's your job. That's what investigators do. They don't sit in the office polishing the lazy boy recliners with their butts, waiting for somebody else to deliver it to them.
Your point is:

Hillary won't confess to the allegations the Pubs are making.

Poor lil' Pubs. Big bad Obama won't hand it to them on a platter, either.

They'll have to find the evidence for their accusations all on their own. Thousands of police depts around the country do this daily. But they don't cry about it.

Someone please hand them a hanky.

Consider yourself "acknowledged."

Sit back and read what you wrote. You really believe she did nothing wrong. The evidence is there. The investigation is ongoing to her aides etc now. Her IT guy just got immunity, which means he fessed up enough credible data to the FBI to be granted immunity. Look up how you get immunity, and you will see its pretty straightforward.
And its not a Pub thing, its a legal issue, and if you cant see that, then you are really drinking some special KoolAid.
And the POTUS email being withheld is understandable. I bet his email was just showing her name in the to or from box, not the actual clinton.com email.. Its not an impeachable issue, unlike every other thing he has done.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:04 PM

46,189 posts, read 26,870,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
The Secretary of State is not anyone. The holder of that office has significant control over what is or is not classified. Comes with the job.

If Clinton asserts there was no classified material on her server she is correct by definition.

She does not have the ability to reclassify anything.....period....

Ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, ok,...

Lets say she can reclassify her own internal material......

What gives her the right to do that to other agencies emails? Do tell lefties?

Why is that so hard to understand?

Old 03-07-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post

Are you serious?

Please tell me that you are sarcastically mocking Hillary sheep.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Are you serious?

Please tell me that you are sarcastically mocking Hillary sheep.
Here is Obamas last EO in regards to this. Lawyers will eat this up to allow her to do this.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...ty-information
PS only the originator or the VP or POTUS can declassify, usually after 20 years.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Here is Obamas last EO in regards to this. Lawyers will eat this up to allow her to do this.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...ty-information
PS only the originator or the VP or POTUS can declassify, usually after 20 years.
I guess, since Hillary realizes that she wasn't the originator for much of this classified intel is why she hasn't used this excuse yet.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:03 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,391,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Sit back and read what you wrote. You really believe she did nothing wrong.
I don't believe anything.

The justice system isn't based on belief. It's based on evidence.

Quote:
The evidence is there.
Oh, really?

If so, why aren't they prosecuting?

I don't know if she's done anything illegal or not. If you were honest, you'd admit that you don't, either. I say if she's done these things then charge her, try her, and if convicted, sentence her.

I just have no patience for silly political witch hunts and that's what this smells like.

Quote:
The investigation is ongoing to her aides etc now. Her IT guy just got immunity, which means he fessed up enough credible data to the FBI to be granted immunity. Look up how you get immunity, and you will see its pretty straightforward.
And its not a Pub thing, its a legal issue, and if you cant see that, then you are really drinking some special KoolAid.
You've already decided and none of the findings have been released.

Oh, there are plenty of rumors out there. But rumors aren't evidence. And they can't result in legal action.

Quote:
And the POTUS email being withheld is understandable. I bet his email was just showing her name in the to or from box, not the actual clinton.com email.. Its not an impeachable issue, unlike every other thing he has done.
So, tell me why the Pubs haven't impeached him, then.

Go ahead.

Explain their inaction on these impeachable offenses you speak of.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:34 PM

46,189 posts, read 26,870,934 times
Funny, if there were anyone here that really had a secret/TS (or higher) clearance, they would know that if you were even in question, your clearance is suspended......until the investigation is over.........

Old 03-07-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I don't believe anything.

The justice system isn't based on belief. It's based on evidence.

Oh, really?

If so, why aren't they prosecuting?

I don't know if she's done anything illegal or not. If you were honest, you'd admit that you don't, either. I say if she's done these things then charge her, try her, and if convicted, sentence her.

I just have no patience for silly political witch hunts and that's what this smells like.

You've already decided and none of the findings have been released.

Oh, there are plenty of rumors out there. But rumors aren't evidence. And they can't result in legal action.

So, tell me why the Pubs haven't impeached him, then.

Go ahead.

Explain their inaction on these impeachable offenses you speak of.

FBI doesnt prosecute. The investigation is still going on. Read much.
They are now focusing on her aids that had access to her accounts, passwords etc. Once INVESTIGATION is over, they will send recommendation to DOJ.. They will then decide to prosecute.. See how things work....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies