Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 07:44 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Everyday thousands of cops do nothing but their job defusing the irate public and handling one dangerous situation after another and not a word of thanks is given yet every mistake made second guessed and armchair quarterbacked worse than the superbowl.
The drunk driver makes it home safely the majority of times. That isn't a reason to just excuse him when he doesn't.

Quote:
Next time a meth dealer moves into your neighborhood and starts doing business 24/7 or your wife is car jacked - call a militia member.
These kinds of arguments are quite ignorant. It's not an either or proposition. Sometimes police officers are wrong. When they are, they are not above the law because of their job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2016, 07:51 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Everyday thousands of cops do nothing but their job defusing the irate public and handling one dangerous situation after another and not a word of thanks is given yet every mistake made second guessed and armchair quarterbacked worse than the superbowl.

Next time a meth dealer moves into your neighborhood and starts doing business 24/7 or your wife is car jacked - call a militia member.
Many people know that calling a cop would be bad news.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:01 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,969,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
What IS it about people slamming the cops so much? The REAL killers of young Black dudes are other young Black dudes; usually over silly stuff. I'm gonna say that for every racist cop of ANY skin color who likes offing Black hood rats, about 100 of the rats off their brother rats. Period.
Cops shouldnt be doing what they are doing.

I've never been in a fight. I get up and go to work everyday and am reasonably successful in life. I have been harassed by cops moreso than the thug on the streets.

It isnt good to hire racist white cops to patrol the black community. Regardless of how you loom at it.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:03 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Bouncing off walls shouldnt get you shot.
Then the perps NEED to accept the fact that playing the fool CAN end real bad and; I ain't talking about just Black hood rats either. A violent meth head; most are usually anglo white or American Indian, CAN be dangerous to the point a Tazer won't work so they need to be shot IF that's what it takes to stop an assault. Period.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The drunk driver makes it home safely the majority of times. That isn't a reason to just excuse him when he doesn't.

These kinds of arguments are quite ignorant. It's not an either or proposition. Sometimes police officers are wrong. When they are, they are not above the law because of their job.
Drunk drivers: their kind need to be locked up; especially if they fail to stop when being pulled over.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Cops shouldnt be doing what they are doing.

I've never been in a fight. I get up and go to work everyday and am reasonably successful in life. I have been harassed by cops moreso than the thug on the streets.

It isnt good to hire racist white cops to patrol the black community. Regardless of how you loom at it.
Try again: I did NOT say racist "white" cop; some of the Black, American Indian Rez and "Hispanic" cops can be bigots against even their own "race".

Old 03-01-2016, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Then the perps NEED to accept the fact that playing the fool CAN end real bad and; I ain't talking about just Black hood rats either. A violent meth head; most are usually anglo white or American Indian, CAN be dangerous to the point a Tazer won't work so they need to be shot IF that's what it takes to stop an assault. Period.
You talk like you watch too much television.

Old 03-01-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Drunk drivers: their kind need to be locked up; especially if they fail to stop when being pulled over.
Why? Most of them never hurt anyone. That's the standard here isn't it?

Old 03-01-2016, 08:32 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
It doesn't matter if the victim is an upstanding citizen or a career criminal. The police are NOT judge, jury, and executioners. LEOs who can't hold their tempers, have anger issues, are bigots or who think their badges give them license to break the law need to leave the police force, either voluntarily or involuntarily. Their presence endangers the lives of the majority of LEOs who do their jobs the way they're supposed to do.
We really don't know (or I haven't seen) much about the victim. All we know is some vicious animal was beating him with a pipe. Thankfully police arrived in time to stop the attack and prevent further harm. The officer did exactly what he should have-shot to stop the threat of imminent severe bodily harm or death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Like I said, these protesters want cops to stop interfering with them committing crime with impunity.
It's rather pathetic, but I think you're right. They don't care if innocent victims are injured or murdered, so long as a thug isn't hurt. Well, as long as that thug is black. If he's white, no one gives a damn (and they shouldn't).

Old 03-01-2016, 10:40 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,199,743 times
Quote:
Not strong enough? The "BLM" people are making lots of enemies and, not just with non Black people either.
Sell your bull manure elsewhere. If the police regularly treated whites the way they too often treat blacks, Latinos, and other people of color in some places, all holy hell would break out. As long as it's blacks getting shot or beaten by the police, then it doesn't matter ... especially among a certain segment of the population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies