Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 10:26 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Let's put it this way: these people are probably doing way more than you people on a daily basis yet here you sit, pounding on the keyboard crying "hypocrisy!!!!" when you don't do a damn thing except whine & claim everything is false. Boy, you sure showed them, didn't ya?
If I buy a Prius, I've done more than Leo. I can likely go many years and not use the energy his yacht uses up in a week. Words do not do much.

Quote:
Most people cannot 100% do what it takes to help the environment however, you do what you can & if everyone would make an effort to do what they could, that would be a giant step forward. But no, there still have to be those deniers, those people who claims it's just so difficult to recycle, or not water their lawn 24/7, or to walk, bike or take public transit, yada yada yada.
You suppose Leo keeps the thermostat at 68 at his houses? Maybe it was unnecessary for thousands of people to jet out to California to get a pat on the back? Who is polluting more? The movie company flying around the world to create a movie or me deciding the drive to the store today as opposed to riding my bike?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 10:49 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
BTW Leo puts his money where his mouth is...he just donated 15 million to help the environment.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:44 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You have no idea what anyone on this board does. Maybe you should stop exposing your ignorance.

Again, you have no idea what others on this board do. But I suspect that all of us conserve more of our OWN electricity and water than any of the idiots in Hollywood.

This hypocrisy is just like liberals thinking that if they give somebody "other people's money" they are benevolent. They are not. So the AGW hypocrites think they are helping the planet by telling OTHER people how to conserve. They are not.

Get back to me when these liberal AGW hypocrites begin using less water and electricity than the rest of us. Meanwhile, their "do as I say, not as I do" shallowness is obvious.
Oh I see, you are the only one allowed to post on this issue? I think not. As for your whine of "you don't know what we do", neither do you. As for the rest of your post, nothing but a bunch of words that mean nothing.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If I buy a Prius, I've done more than Leo. I can likely go many years and not use the energy his yacht uses up in a week. Words do not do much.

You suppose Leo keeps the thermostat at 68 at his houses? Maybe it was unnecessary for thousands of people to jet out to California to get a pat on the back? Who is polluting more? The movie company flying around the world to create a movie or me deciding the drive to the store today as opposed to riding my bike?
See my post above. Buh bye.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:47 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
BTW Leo puts his money where his mouth is...he just donated 15 million to help the environment.
donated to who, greenpeace? or some organization that actually does something instead?

Quote:
While the rest on here just cry & whine about someone who is actually doing something. They sit behind their keyboards & pout.

Quote:
Yes, he railed about going after those who continue to emit carbon.

I'm sure he flew there to make his speech and celebrated with a long cruise.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
See my post above. Buh bye.
You did nothing to address my.point. He could give $200 million and it doesn't offset the fact that he is many, many, many times over more responsible for emissions than the average Joe.

His tax write off doesn't affect him nearly as much as many of those who buy a more efficient vehicle. His yacht is still spewing massive amounts of diesel.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You did nothing to address my.point. He could give $200 million and it doesn't offset the fact that he is many, many, many times over more responsible for emissions than the average Joe.

His tax write off doesn't affect him nearly as much as many of those who buy a more efficient vehicle. His yacht is still spewing massive amounts of diesel.
Actually, there's nothing to address. However, I will say, you have no idea what he or anyone else does, do you?

Now, like I said, there are those who simply whine & complain about others & there are those who actually do their part to help.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:53 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Some of these guilty pop stars adopt kids from poor nations, others sing sad songs to protect the animals, some can assuage their guilt by simply driving an expensive electric car and join the club of other empty Hollywood elites who pretend they are saving the planet.
And working class taxpayers help them buy those electric cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies